Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

MVS @ 22.9yds per reception works just fine for me. Puts him 3rd in the league behind Claypool and Metcalf. If he can cut out/down the drops......

AR hitting the deep passes also works just fine for me as it opens up all the underneath stuff.
Wont it be nice when/if we get some production out of the TE position? I mean seriously. It's as if they dont exist in the passing game.

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, deathstar said:

MVS wouldn’t get the targets he does, the playing time he does if he wasn’t super instinctive..

I disagree.  He got playing time in the past because there simply wasn't anyone else to take snaps.

Either way, MVS sees the field because he's got much needed speed and now has some NFL experience.

Totally helps that there is no higher drafted WR behind or a higher priced free agent him that is pushing for time.

Even Lazard has at least caught up to him on the depth chart after being an UDFA and being signed off of the Jags practice squad.

And it sounds like I'm ripping on MVS.  I'm not.  He's improved and playing with a lot of confidence.  I'm very happy with what he's given this year and I hope it continues.

I'd agree that MVS doesn't seem to have a natural feel for the position, but he's been getting consistent separation, so I'm not sure much it matters.  If his hands come around, MVS could become a real problem for opposing defenses who will have to prioritize Adams.

• Like 1

A scouting report from Matt Waldman: https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2018/10/15/matt-waldmans-rsp-nfl-draft-scouting-report-sample-wr-marquez-valdes-scantling-packers/

Quotes that lead me to believe he is instinctive:

On rub routes, he’ll ensure he’s picking off defenders for his teammate without drawing a penalty.

he’s good at looking back to the quarterback on his first break of a double move to bait defenders downhill so he can sprint past. 

He extends his arms well to the ball while in full stride and tracks the target over his shoulder. 

When he can keep his back to the trailing coverage, he’ll control the pace without turning to face the ball, and it forces his opponents to play through him to reach the target.

Overall, his boundary awareness is strong 

I think that MVS has his faults, but IMO the guy was born to play WR. He is raw, for sure, and his hands aren’t the most natural. But there’s a lot more to his game than running fast that has contributed to his playing time.

7 minutes ago, deathstar said:

A scouting report from Matt Waldman: https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2018/10/15/matt-waldmans-rsp-nfl-draft-scouting-report-sample-wr-marquez-valdes-scantling-packers/

On rub routes, he’ll ensure he’s picking off defenders for his teammate without drawing a penalty.

he’s good at looking back to the quarterback on his first break of a double move to bait defenders downhill so he can sprint past. 

He extends his arms well to the ball while in full stride and tracks the target over his shoulder. 

When he can keep his back to the trailing coverage, he’ll control the pace without turning to face the ball, and it forces his opponents to play through him to reach the target.

I think that MVS has his faults, but IMO the guy was born to play WR. He is raw, for sure, and his hands aren’t the most natural. But there’s a lot more to his game than running fast that has contributed to his playing time.

He seems to be having trouble with #3. Hopefully he will work through that.

17 hours ago, deathstar said:

That's nuts. If he was good at #3, he would have been a 1st round pick.