Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

True, but we were 0-4 in games last year where we gave up over 25 points. The Niners and Chiefs each won 4 games under those circumstances. Personally, I wanted us to dedicate a top pick towards an explosive WR who could give us another element there. It didn't happen, that's that. We'll have to find other ways to improve our offensive output because sometimes you need to be able to win a shootout too. We'll find out.  

In that last game the 49ers ran it down our throat. They didn’t need more WR’s in that game but I get it. 

No issues about WR corps.

Aaron and Matt L can make it work. Matt L is not egoist. He will make Aaron understand the reasons for not drafting a WR. 

We have improved on offense. 
My real real worry was about D. Can Kirksey hold up full season?. Can DL hold up?. Remember we are extremely lucky on D side with no injuries last year. We didn’t improved this year by adding enough depth + Lost Blake who was extremely healthy throughout his career and Got Kirksey who was not + Didn’t improved DL who can’t stop run. 

Edited by Jaire_Island
  • Like 1

Once the 49ers took Aiyuk that went the last WR the Packers had a first round grade on. I believe Love was their last prospect on their board with a first round grade so they traded up and took him. 

I don't believe the team felt any of the second round WRs would be an improvement over our guys. We will wait and see how things shape up. 

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Correct. The notion that we couldn't win a shootout because of WRs means your QB isn't very good. I think Rodgers is good, I think we can win shootouts with this WR group. I'm not concerned about them.

Well, Gute needs to pick one then. If you're going with this skills group on offense and not dumping more resources into it, fix the holes we still have on defense. 

1 hour ago, gizmo2012 said:

Your wrong assumption is you think the Packers actually thought. What a disaster the WR corps is.

Haha. This is a group that drafted EQ, MVS... signed Funchess and bought Lazard in.

They wouldn’t do that if they didn’t like them. I get others don’t and that’s your right as an evaluator.

To be fair everyone thought Neal in New England last year would set the NFL on fire because of Brady.... no so much.

Rodgers has also shown he likes his guys and not rookies until they get seasoning. We go to camp with a first rounder and Rodgers is likely talking up Lazard and Kumerow.

Your new WR to get excited about is a 26 year old Funchess.

OMFG the overrating of EQ on here! I'm paraphrasing here:

"1st round 2nd round talent"

"EQ comparable to Tee Higgins"

What the duck are you all on about!? Don't be so delusional.

If he was so good why did he barely produce in college?  He never fell in the draft. He was exactly where he was supposed to be and it's not just because of family/character concerns but also because he did very little in college.

MVS too put up very modest production in his final year and he was drafted exactly where he was supposed to be.

It should not be a surprise to all of us that these guys have not done anything much of note so far in their NFL careers and it's highly likely it will continue to stay that way. Realistically behind Adams and Funchess our WR depth is WEAK. Too many late round picks and UDFAs - all of whom have not really shown much of anything yet.

Even Reggie Begelton sucks. For a big WR he has extremely mediocre hands and an awful catching radius. I'm not even sure how he landed on the Packers. Whoever scouted him needs to be fired. Any WR late on in the the draft would've been much better than him.

The expectations we have for EQ and MVS is ridiculous and unrealistic. I know the front office say they have high hopes for these guys but that just PR speak. Realistically I bet privately they were very unhappy they were unable to address the WRs in the draft.

Now they will have to go back to the drawing board and look again at street free agents, the trade market and wait for roster cutdowns to upgrade on what we have. There may be some after draft fallout with teams cutting players they don't want for us to take advantage of.

Our WR depth is BAD. There's no sugarcoating it.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

We've entered the "justification" phase. Look, I get that we're probably going with what we have at WR now and that's fine, but no need to spend considerable amounts of time building up guys like St. Brown when every single person in this forum was clamoring for a WR all off-season that likely (a) would have taken his spot or (b) would have pushed him further down the depth chart. 

Wonder if ESB will get as much love between now and the start of the season as J'Mon Moore got last offseason?

43 minutes ago, Chili said:

OMFG the overrating of EQ on here! I'm paraphrasing here:

"1st round 2nd round talent"

"EQ comparable to Tee Higgins"

What the duck are you all on about!? Don't be so delusional.

If he was so good why did he barely produce in college?  He never fell in the draft. He was exactly where he was supposed to be and it's not just because of family/character concerns but also because he did very little in college.

MVS too put up very modest production in his final year and he was drafted exactly where he was supposed to be.

It should not be a surprise to all of us that these guys have not done anything much of note so far in their NFL careers and it's highly likely it will continue to stay that way. Realistically behind Adams and Funchess our WR depth is WEAK. Too many late round picks and UDFAs - all of whom have not really shown much of anything yet.

Even Reggie Begelton sucks. For a big WR he has extremely mediocre hands and an awful catching radius. I'm not even sure how he landed on the Packers. Whoever scouted him needs to be fired. Any WR late on in the the draft would've been much better than him.

The expectations we have for EQ and MVS is ridiculous and unrealistic. I know the front office say they have high hopes for these guys but that just PR speak. Realistically I bet privately they were very unhappy they were unable to address the WRs in the draft.

Now they will have to go back to the drawing board and look again at street free agents, the trade market and wait for roster cutdowns to upgrade on what we have. There may be some after draft fallout with teams cutting players they don't want for us to take advantage of.

Our WR depth is BAD. There's no sugarcoating it.

You graded EQ different than me. Are you going to call the foods and music I like wrong too? 

Lol I never got this mindset. I graded EQ as a 2nd round pick. His grade was extremely similar to Tee Higgins. 

The Packers graded AJ Dillon as a top 50 player, some teams probably didn't have Dillon on their draft board. 

This is called differences of opinion. Stop talking like yours is the be all end all.

32 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Wonder if ESB will get as much love between now and the start of the season as J'Mon Moore got last offseason?

You mean, none?

The "love" for J'mon was his potential based off of college production, IF he were able to get his head straight, which he did for about a year in a half in college.