Rate THAT Restaurant!

ET80

Let's get started, shall we?

Wife and I have date night this Friday, so I'll make sure to post up a review over what we have. Ratings will be as follows:

• Quality of food/drinks
  • Quality of service
  • Atmosphere/Ambiance

Scale of 1-5, with 5 being "amazing" and 1 being "food poisoning and food spitting".

Feel free to share!

This will be nice for other parts of the US if you have never been there. So I'll kick this off with my favorite restaurant in Atlanta:

Nagoya Sushi Bar

Located off Marietta Highway in Roswell, GA.

Quality of food/drinks: 5/5

The freshest sushi in Atlanta. They have all sorts of creative rolls and have the kind of menu variety you would expect from a sushi bar that has been around since the early 1990s. With such a varied menu, you have to try all sorts of things. But definitely try the Crab Egg Roll and Ahi Salad roll if you get a chance to go.

Quality of service: 5/5

I've been going to this restaurant for probably 20 years. I've had these chefs as my regular sushi chefs since I was a little boy. I get treated like family here and they even have a roll named after me. At the same time, sometimes they forget to give me a menu since they know I order the same things every time.

Atmosphere/Ambiance: 4/5

The place is located in a standard strip mall. Which while it is nice for parking, the overall atmosphere isn't as great as if it was a general standalone restaurant. The inside is fun with all sorts of Japanese decorations and the hibachi area and sushi bar areas are separated for convenience. Overall, the only thing that there is to dislike is the strip mall location.

Overall Rating: 14/15

Shooters Grill & Bar

Located on McMullen Highway in Cumberland, MD 

Quality of Food/Drinks 4.5/5

I haven't really sampled the rest of the menu, but the Crabby Burger is always a good decision. Their fries are delicious as well, and they have a wide selection of craft beers as well as your usual domestic/imported beers on draft or in bottles. 

Quality of Service 5/5

I've always been happy with the service. Never a complaint from me.

Atmosphere/Setting 4/5

It's set up like your usual rural bar, but it attracts a good crowd. New owners have done a great job at updating the place.

Overall Rating: 13.5/15

Torchy's Tacos

Texas Ave in College Station, TX

Quality of Food/Drinks 4/5

Really good food. Drinks were great too. 

Quality of Service 3.5/5

Wasn't much interaction with servers. Didn't have any problems with my order if that counts.

Atmosphere/Setting 3/5

Pretty decent setting. Kind of like a Chipotle but with tacos. 

Overall Rating: 10.5/15

Maumee Bay Brewing Company

Toledo, OH

Quality of Food/Drinks: 4/5

The food is a solid 3.5, maybe 4.  They have a good variety from pizza to burgers to a few entrees.  The drinks are a 5.  All local brewed beer on tap, and they rotate them weekly.

Quality of Service: 5/5

Never had a bad experience yet.  They took care of my brother nicely on his 21st. :)

Atmosphere/Setting: 4/5

Great setting for what you expect of a higher class bar.  Lighting is good, not too loud, a few TV's but not overwhelming, and it's nicely decorated.  And it's a relaxed dress code.

This is my go to place when i want to get nicer food/beer and not dress for it.

Overall Rating: 13/15

10 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Torchy's Tacos

Texas Ave in College Station, TX

Quality of Food/Drinks 4/5

Really good food. Drinks were great too. 

Quality of Service 3.5/5

Wasn't much interaction with servers. Didn't have any problems with my order if that counts.

Atmosphere/Setting 3/5

Pretty decent setting. Kind of like a Chipotle but with tacos. 

Overall Rating: 10.5/15

Oh god.  I hate Torchys. 

Archived