Rate THAT Restaurant!

ET80

On July 20, 2017 at 10:56 AM, IDOG_det said:

If you're ever near Ypsilanti, MI you have to go to Bomber for breakfast. So damn good.

I'll have to check that out next time I'm up that way.  We usually eat at Nick's House of Pancakes in Ann Arbor which is also pretty good.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'll have to check that out next time I'm up that way.  We usually eat at Nick's House of Pancakes in Ann Arbor which is also pretty good.

It's a stereotypical "hole in the wall" place, if you don't know where it's at you might miss it, so you might want to look at the google street view before you go. Best to park in the back and go in through the back as well. It's also best to go pretty early, I try to get there around 8 or 9 in the morning when I go. There's often a line to get a seat from like 10am to noon-ish, and it's not a comfortable line to stand in because the only place to wait is an absurdly narrow hallway.

Mugshots Bar and Grill in Tuscaloosa, AL

If you ever find yourself down in T-Town for a football game or whatever else, this burger joint is a must. Huge, thick burgers with all kinds of unique toppings. The Peanut Butter and Jelly burger is my personal fave.

• Quality of food/drinks 4.5 - The food is delicious. Get a burger with the onion rings, one of the only places I've eaten where the onion rings don't taste like they've been soaking in grease since 'Nam. The burgers are large and they serve them on soft, buttery, delicious buns. The Peanut Butter and Jelly burger is a must and the Aloha Burger is quite good as well. Would've been a 5/5 but the drinks are pretty limited and they don't do anything special in that department.
  • Quality of service 3.5 - In a college town so college students are generally serving as waiters/waitresses. No huge complaints but it can be slow sometimes and they aren't super attentive to low drinks. Nothing crazy bad but definitely isn't superb service.
  • Atmosphere/Ambiance 4 - Wall has some cool decor on it and the atmosphere is always fun. Its always jam packed full of Bama funs looking to have a good time. This was definitely my favorite spot whenever I visited my buddies down there.

7 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Someone recommended Chuy's for Tex-Mex in Austin.  Can anyone verify that's the spot to go?

Margaritas and Mexican Martinis are great. Food is meh. 

If you're looking for great Tex Mex, try Lupe Tortilla. Arguably the best fajitas I've ever had.

I actually did a write-up on Lupe in the old thread. They've expanded to Austin, but I've heard the food is pretty consistent between Houston and Austin/Dallas expansions.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=10148867#10148867

2 hours ago, BLick12 said:

Someone recommended Chuy's for Tex-Mex in Austin.  Can anyone verify that's the spot to go?

It's chain (we have one here in Cincy), but it's good.

I'd have to think you could find some incredible authentic Mexican in Austin. 

Also, Austin has a ton of food trucks too which are supposed to be great.

Archived