• #68 Ashtyn Davis S
    • #79 Jabari Zuniga DE
    • #120 La'Mical Perine RB
    • #125 James Morgan QB
    • #129 Cameron Clark OT
    • #158 Bryce Hall CB
    • #191 Braden Mann P

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2020 at 04:00 PM

Just now, xenajets said:

Anyway it’s done now and I will support the pick. I still feel like that fourth round pick could of been used on a wide receiver or a guy like Curtis Weaver but nevertheless it’s done now. 

That's the part where I think most guys are grading the pick from and I get that 100%, I wasn't even thinking backup QB, same way I wasn't think about Ashtyn Davis(who I liked but never thought we'd go Safety).

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

That's the part where I think most guys are grading the pick from and I get that 100%, I wasn't even thinking backup QB, same way I wasn't think about Ashtyn Davis(who I liked but never thought we'd go Safety).

Yeah iv warmed to the idea of Davis. I really wanted another long rangy outside cornerback but I think the value we’ve been able to add through Hall, Wilson and Jackson has been phenomenal. Also Javelin Guidry could end up being a player for us inside. 

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Yeah iv warmed to the idea of Davis. I really wanted another long rangy outside cornerback but I think the value we’ve been able to add through Hall, Wilson and Jackson has been phenomenal. Also Javelin Guidry could end up being a player for us inside. 

Yeah getting Hall that late could be a blessing for us going forward. Then trading for Wilson and getting two dynamic athletes in Jackson and Guidry. Corner should be set for the next few years if these guys can develop.

• Like 2

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah getting Hall that late could be a blessing for us going forward. Then trading for Wilson and getting two dynamic athletes in Jackson and Guidry. Corner should be set for the next few years if these guys can develop.

Yes absolutely. All of these guys are athletes too. We’ve added some serious speed all across the board this draft. 

How can we grade this draft class till we see how they do on the field. On paper it looks like a solid B, it will take a year to see how all these players we drafted do during the regular season. I though Douglas's third round picks we very interesting, I had no problem with any of those third round picks.

5 hours ago, xenajets said:

The Book on Davis:

A wide receiver in high school who earned no interest as a recruit, Davis initially went to California to run track as a former high school track stud. Davis would ultimately go on to be a four time all-American in track at California, but to start off with that is likely a disservice to what he does as a football player. A walk-on for the California football team, Davis would end up earning a scholarship and making it onto the roster quite easily thanks to his excellent speed and potential. He would redshirt his freshman year with the program, but quickly made an impact once he got an opportunity to take the field in 2016. Davis would only start three games in his first season of game action, but earned the team's award for most valuable special teams player. He would only start half of the year as a sophomore, but saw a fair amount of his usage come as a kick returner. He won the award for most valuable special teams player yet again. Despite juggling a track career with a football career, Davis continued to grow and get better as a ball player. By his junior year Davis had finally stepped into the spotlight, as he started all 13 games for the team and earned first team all-PAC-12 honors for his performance. Davis did not receive significant hype for the 2019 NFL Draft, and would ultimately return to school largely unnoticed by those in the media. It wouldn't take long for him to start building steam in the summer as a talented player with the upside to be a top 100 pick come draft night. Pairing with fellow California safety Jaylinn Hawkins to form a dynamic duo on the back end, Davis helped guide one of the most talented defenses to ever come together in Berkeley. Davis would end up only gaining second team all-conference honors during his senior year, but he cemented himself as one of the best defensive backs in the nation thanks to a well-rounded style of play with no major flaws. He would be invited to the Senior Bowl, but would end up not getting to participate in the game due to an injury that lingered the back end of the year. Davis wouldn't get to test and show off his athleticism at the NFL Combine either, which could have been a major proving ground for him as a first round selection come April. Nevertheless, teams that do their homework on Davis should have him pretty high on the board. He checks all of the boxes in terms of elite character, upper echelon athleticism, and all-pro potential. His interviews at the Senior Bowl were fantastic and should endear him to most NFL coaches. The lack of opportunities on the draft season circuit will likely prevent him from getting taken extremely early, but it's tough to see Davis fall out of the top 50 selections barring some unseen medical or character flags popping up pre-draft. The talented defender has the ceiling to be the best safety in the NFL, and it wouldn't be a stunner if he reaches that potential sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Lets see how all these A+ A B+ grades you  gave our draft picks will do on the playing field this fall. I had no problem with our picks even Mims, he was worth the pick. But why was he passed up by all the other GM's and by our own GM at pick #48 and not pick to near the end of round three. I went thru the same thing how happy jets fan were including me when we drafted Blair Thomas, Quinton Coples, Vern Gholston, how did that work out.

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Lets see how all these A+ A B+ grades you  gave our draft picks will do on the playing field this fall. I had no problem with our picks even Mims, he was worth the pick. But why was he passed up by all the other GM's and by our own GM at pick #48 and not pick to near the end of round three. I went thru the same thing how happy jets fan were including me when we drafted Blair Thomas, Quinton Coples, Vern Gholston, how did that work out.

True there’s no way of knowing but it works both ways. Did Patriot fans think Brady was nothing because they drafted him in the 6th round. Or Antonio Brown, Kurt Warner, Shannon Sharpe, Joe Montana. The list is endless. 

8 minutes ago, xenajets said:

True there’s no way of knowing but it works both ways. Did Patriot fans think Brady was nothing because they drafted him in the 6th round. Or Antonio Brown, Kurt Warner, Shannon Sharpe, Joe Montana. The list is endless. 

I am sure no Pat fan gave him a A+ when they drafted him, You are missing my point you can't judge a player till you see him on the field. I am not KNOCKING any our of draft pick, I am just saying it is to early to rate any players. 

Edited by doumeyer

27 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am sure no Pat fan gave him a A+ when they drafted him, You are missing my point you can't judge a player till you see him on the field. I am not KNOCKING any our of draft pick, I am just saying it is to early to rate any players. 

Of course that’s part of the fun in it. We can all agree/disagree or like/dislike picks but at the end of the day the players are the ones who will have the chance to go out there and perform. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

A 5-7th round pick can be graded as an A but that doesn't mean he's a starter.  A just means great value for that round.  If I gave Becton a C but Hall an A+ it's because I wanted Lamb, the depth of the class and Becton's risk vs. taking a 5th round flier on a CB who can be the best in the class.  That's A value.  But in all likelihood Becton has a longer and more impactful career.

To be honest I think every pick, after doing research, is a minimum B+.  Would have liked Hennessey but sounds like Davis can be the real deal. Also seems like he's a film and gym rat plus versatile for Williams.  That's an A- pick for me.