• #68 Ashtyn Davis S
    • #79 Jabari Zuniga DE
    • #120 La'Mical Perine RB
    • #125 James Morgan QB
    • #129 Cameron Clark OT
    • #158 Bryce Hall CB
    • #191 Braden Mann P

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2020 at 04:00 PM

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I don't think guys should always love everything their team does but seeing fans complain about picks like Davis, Morgan and Mann make my head hurt.

"We didn't need a safety"

"We didn't need a backup Quarterback"

"We could have gotten a punter in UDFA"

This misconception that the draft is always about the next season is something that has to stop. Future needs have to be taken into consideration, best player available, special teams, etc.. all of that matters.

Only one I didn't care for was Mann. We need a K more than we need a punter

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Only one I didn't care for was Mann. We need a K more than we need a punter

I'm always happy to see us focus on getting a good kicker or punter. I miss the Westhoff years where we were a fantastic special teams group - though that was usually on returns.

We need a kicker for sure, but the top kicker was already drafted by Buffalo I think.  At least Mann has real potential to becoming a top 5 punter in the league, which was also a need cause we had no one at punter. 

The Jets need a real kicker though, Sam Ficken hit 70% of his kicks and Brett Maher hit 67%. Neither is good. Maher has a big leg but isn't accurate. 

If you are gonna draft a punter, hope the dude is special. Mann can be and at least we weren't dumb like some teams who draft the punter real high. Most 6th round picks are turds.

When we drafted Mike Nugent in round 2 and only had him for 3 seasons lol. 

I love the Mann pick.  No other 6th rounder was going to make a difference to this team.  That said, I would of like to at least bring in Rodrigo as a FA.  I am not sold on our two PK.  Perhaps we will sign someone who gets cut. Kickers always get cut.

10 hours ago, xrade said:

I love the Mann pick.  No other 6th rounder was going to make a difference to this team.  That said, I would of like to at least bring in Rodrigo as a FA.  I am not sold on our two PK.  Perhaps we will sign someone who gets cut. Kickers always get cut.

I don’t know anything about Mann and I hope he is everything good that’s being said about him but I would have selected WR James Proche with his 204 receptions and 27 TDs over his last two seasons or Isaiah Hodgins with his 86 receptions and 13 TDs last season

• Like 1