Chido being switched to safety?

ACO

14 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

It might be Reggie you never know. 

Yeah Reggie and even Diggs have enough size to play some safety. Another part of the draft I liked. Didn’t get a safety, but got two big talented corners who give the team more flexibility in the secondary. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Sounds like the context was more about why we didn’t take a safety, and he was saying we have corners versatile enough to play there if needed. Could be wrong though

That’s my impression too.

Plus, once we get to camp, McCarthy is going to realize, it’s Donavan Wilson Season!

• Like 5

Chido from what I noticed has tight coverage most times but struggles to make plays on the ball in the air. Those back shoulder throws kill him but sometimes receivers do make great catches on him. I’m afraid about his instincts at safety. Jones could not make the transition and once he went back to corner he played well. 

• Like 1

Mike Nolan talked about how you have to be a threat to intercept the ball, or else there is no risk or hesitation from the cornerback to throw. How, if the worst case scenario for a pass is an incompletion, you really make it easy on the offense.

I'm sure this coaching staff got here, evaluated the roster, and realized Chido does not bring what they are looking for at cornerback.

This feels more like, "let's see if this can work, because, why not?" rather than "we really think Chido can be a good safety".

It's reasonable to assume we can get a 5th or 6th for both Lewis and Chido with comp picks after they leave in FA. It's possible we get a 4th round comp if one of them takes a step this year with all the young competition coming in. 

I doubt we could sniff a 4th in trade value. Maybeee a 6th

• Like 1