• F

Round 1, pick 29: Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia

Round 2, pick 61: Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU

Round 3, pick 93: Darrynton Evans, RB, Appalachian State

Round 5, pick 174: Larrell Murchison, DT, NC State

Round 7, pick 224: Cole McDonald, QB, Hawaii

Round 7, pick 243: Chris Jackson, S, Marshall

I gave it a B

I really don't follow CFB very closely, but it seems like we got some quality players across the board. Certainly not a very exciting draft, especially when you see how a team like Baltimore fared, but we added to the trenches, got a projected eventual starter at corner, got a burner change-of-pace back, and a prospect at QB. Ultimately, our first 4 picks are guys we should expect to be contributors in the near future, and that's a good thing. 

If Clowney signs, that'll be a dynamic addition to a defense that needs it. We need an impact player on D and didn't get close to that in the draft, but hopefully Clowney does indeed sign.

Isaiah Wilson: C

Decent value, could have been filled later, but the rest of the draft made it better in hindsight though.

Kristian Fulton: A

Great value, biggest need, and definite best player left at the position.

Darrynton Evans: B-

Big need, and a great fit for it, but I question if he was really BPA.

Larrell Murchison: B
Another big need, filled by the best player at the position still on the board. Some better players probably available, but not by much.

Cole McDonald: B+
High upside, little risk because of the round, fills a need for a backup, seems to fit JRob’s mold.

Chris Jackson: C

Don’t know much about him. Seems like a special teamer, so average grade?

Bonus points for turning a seventh to a sixth, so I would say a B+ overall. I would have also liked a pass rusher, but we only had so many picks and it’s potentially not a need.

For me, I always judge/grade draft classes on if this was a mock draft, how would I feel about it?

With the caveat we end up with Clowney (or even Golden or Griffin), I would have been a fan of this had someone mocked it. So I'd give this a solid B.

Based on where we picked, what we had to work with, and how J-Rob worked it, I give it a strong B+.  With the exception of a top edge rusher, we filled most of our needs with solid talent.  

If we sign Jadeveon Clowney, my draft grade definitely changes to a solid A.

B/B+ in a vacuum. A- if Clowney, Golden, or Griffen signs.

-I like Wilson, but would have preferred YGM. If we sign one of the aforementioned DEs, then this pick becomes better

-Fulton was a great pick

-I like Evans, but I don't like the value of RBs, especially a backup, in the first 3 rounds. That was the biggest issue I had even though I like the player and fit

-Murchison was a great pick

-Whatever for our 7ths. They're 7th rounders

I like the Wilson pick. There is a finite amount of Goliaths available every daft. They usually go in the first round. I like Henry having more options running to the right.

I give it a solid A. I would say B but I'm convinced Clowney is a Titan after 1pm tomorrow.