Jarrett Stidham

Elky

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I don't think he'll be good, personally. But I do think we'll find ways to win games. 

I'd take him playing at about average and the D being lights out. About the best we can hope for.

realistically, agree.

But who knows, nobody seen him play a game. He could be a world beater for all we know or completely terrible.

I think he will be about average. Not because he doesn't have talent but because the weapons aren't good.

Anything from average or better likely locks him in for the forseeable future.

Below that you are likely looking at a first round QB.

Circumstances are decent. You aren't winning a ton if he sucks. 8 wins the absolute ceiling, more like 6 imo. So you are already drafting top 10-12 in that case. Not all that many QB needy teams so you can move up easily or just stay where you are and get a premium QB talent.

From the early looks, there are 3 very very good QB talents in next years draft. Yeah, Lawrence is probably not someone we can get because nobody will trade out of the top spot but if we get the kid from North Dakota State that would make me extremely happy as well.

• Like 1

Yeah, exactly. 

How can we be defending TB last season because his receivers couldn't get separation and were slow (which is all true) on one hand, and on the other hand expect Stidham to be anything even approaching above average with the same group of receivers? If this was 2008 with Welker and Moss, it wouldn't matter as much. 

Can you imagine if Edelman goes down for the season or calls it quits? We're looking at literally the worst receiving corps in the league, give or take a few others. 

Let's manage our expectations for the 4th round QB, and hope the running game is strong and the D is strong again. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

How can we be defending TB last season because his receivers couldn't get separation and were slow (which is all true) on one hand, and on the other hand expect Stidham to be anything even approaching above average with the same group of receivers? If this was 2008 with Welker and Moss, it wouldn't matter as much. 

Well, he will have Devlin and Andrews back and we just drafted a couple of legit tight ends.  And Marqise Lee is better than any outside receiver we had last season.  Plus another year of development for NKeal who was showing flashes. 

Between all that, Stidham will have a much better supporting cast on offense IMO than Brady had last season.  Still not a bunch of rockstars but I don't think he will have quite the same excuses (or benefit of the doubt) Brady did in 2019.

I don't believe we have anything to believe Stidham will be a career backup at this point. He needs at least a full season to show what he can do given his potential.

He had the INT in the regular season but his pre-season numbers were fantastic.. and his 2017 in college was good too ( when he was considered a 1st round pick). 

Between 2 new TE's, Edelman, White, Burkhead, and potentially Harris he has a lot of dink and dunk safety nets. Combine this with the fact that he seems to make good decisions (6int in 2017, 5 in 2018) and he has the potential to at least be a solid starter imo

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I'm hopeful for stats along the lines of: 

3,600 yards

64% completion

20 TD 

11 INT

250 Rush Yards

Given the talent around him, i think that would be a really solid foundation year. 

I'd rather have a Tank for Trevor year b/c a half decent QB isn't winning you a SB as you need another legend to come in to fill the void. Also this team is weak everywhere on both sides of the ball with all the defensive defections and the defense wasn't even that great last year against the few playoff teams that they played. 

Bring on 2-14 or worse and I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

I don't believe we have anything to believe Stidham will be a career backup at this point. He needs at least a full season to show what he can do given his potential.

He had the INT in the regular season but his pre-season numbers were fantastic.. and his 2017 in college was good too ( when he was considered a 1st round pick). 

Between 2 new TE's, Edelman, White, Burkhead, and potentially Harris he has a lot of dink and dunk safety nets. Combine this with the fact that he seems to make good decisions (6int in 2017, 5 in 2018) and he has the potential to at least be a solid starter imo

The NFL is as talented as ever yet the Patriots remain in the weakest division outside of maybe the AFC South. The Patriots defense is good enough that as long as Stidham plays like a fringe starter and limits the amount of turnovers, they are still going to win the division in 2020.