Jarrett Stidham

Elky

11 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, exactly. 

How can we be defending TB last season because his receivers couldn't get separation and were slow (which is all true) on one hand, and on the other hand expect Stidham to be anything even approaching above average with the same group of receivers? If this was 2008 with Welker and Moss, it wouldn't matter as much. 

Can you imagine if Edelman goes down for the season or calls it quits? We're looking at literally the worst receiving corps in the league, give or take a few others. 

Let's manage our expectations for the 4th round QB, and hope the running game is strong and the D is strong again. 

BB is bringing WR by the boat load using UDFA. They all have All World talent however the average size is about 5' tall 130 lbs! xD  Take a look at the Syracuse kid!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM8fvtceQVY

8 hours ago, mission27 said:

Well, he will have Devlin and Andrews back and we just drafted a couple of legit tight ends.  And Marqise Lee is better than any outside receiver we had last season.  Plus another year of development for NKeal who was showing flashes. 

Between all that, Stidham will have a much better supporting cast on offense IMO than Brady had last season.  Still not a bunch of rockstars but I don't think he will have quite the same excuses (or benefit of the doubt) Brady did in 2019.

Jee  Putting it that way he should make the SB compared to the crap we had last year I'm 60+ and might  of had chance start o  that team

6 hours ago, NFL Network said:

I'd rather have a Tank for Trevor year b/c a half decent QB isn't winning you a SB as you need another legend to come in to fill the void. Also this team is weak everywhere on both sides of the ball with all the defensive defections and the defense wasn't even that great last year against the few playoff teams that they played. 

Bring on 2-14 or worse and I'll be happy.

Lawrence has faults in his game which could lead to problems in the NFL. IMO he runs the ball to much and takes unnecessary hits reminds me of the Eagle QB.  I know that can be coached well sometimes that not the case.  Has he actually been challenge in college.  Do want him on my team heck yes however I don't as the man that walks on water !

PS IF I SEE MY TEAM TANK,  I WILL FIND A NEW TEAM! That what's I call a Lebon champioship. FAKE.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

Lawrence has faults in his game which could lead to problems in the NFL. IMO he runs the ball to much and takes unnecessary hits reminds me of the Eagle QB.  I know that can be coached well sometimes that not the case.  Has he actually been challenge in college.  Do want him on my team heck yes however I don't as the man that walks on water !

PS IF I SEE MY TEAM TANK,  I WILL FIND A NEW TEAM! That what's I call a Lebon champioship. FAKE.

Lawrence is just the latest overhyped college QB.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, m haynes said:

I'm completely against tanking too, and that would alienate me.

Luckily, I don't think there's any way BB either does it or allows it to happen from above. 

It's BB, we're at least getting 8 wins. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm completely against tanking too, and that would alienate me.

Luckily, I don't think there's any way BB either does it or allows it to happen from above. 

It's BB, we're at least getting 8 wins. 

I'm 60 +, I've had enough crap team for a life time.  I'm so old, my father and the neighborhood were Giants fans. Pats horrible.  They were on the TV every week.  Patriots games were on TV only on the road and I still didn't get to watch often. Only one TV in the house if you were rich!! Not everyone had a TV. 

Side note  Two names burned into my so call brain. Homer Jones and Tucker Fredickson . Sorry for the young guys Giants stars in the 60's  Forgot, the fans the Pats did have went out the window when they traded,  Nick Buoniconti.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 2

• Fat bill will lie, cheat or steal his way to the #1 overall in 2021 and draft possibly the best QB to ever come out of college.  It makes me want to puke to think of it.  If he wanted to win some games this year, why not Winston, Dalton or Newton?  Stidham?  Sure road to the cellar, then Lawrence.  

21 hours ago, honkeytonk said:
  • Fat bill will lie, cheat or steal his way to the #1 overall in 2021 and draft possibly the best QB to ever come out of college.  It makes me want to puke to think of it.  If he wanted to win some games this year, why not Winston, Dalton or Newton?  Stidham?  Sure road to the cellar, then Lawrence.  

ok

• Like 1

Should You Pick Up Babies Every Time They Cry? - Detroit and Ann ...

• Like 4

Somebody better call the Whambulance...

Fyi, it's call a salary cap and Pats don't have the cap space to sign or trade for either Dalton or Newton, and no one wants Mr. 30 INTs as a starter.

• Like 1

Let's look at Tom Brady's first three seasons as a Patriot...

In 2000, he appeared in one game vs. Detroit, and went 1 for 3 for 6 yards.

In 2001, he went a fantastic 11-3 as a starter, 264 for 413 for a 63.9 comp%. 18-12-2843. Very good stats, indeed. He also threw two touchdown passes and rushed for a third in the 2001 playoffs. 5-3 in his first 8 games before going on a tremendous 9-game winning streak that culminated in a win in Super Bowl XXXVI.

In 2002 - Brady's first FULL season as a Patriots starter, he was 9-7 as the starter, 373 for 601 for a 62.1 comp%.  28-14-3764.  Also a very good season statistically, but the Patriots missed the playoffs. NOBODY had any idea what the next 16 years were going to be like, and most of the country were still of the mindset that the 2001 title was kind of a fluke.  In many ways, it was.  There were about a thousand things that went the Patriots' way and if any one of them had gone differently, history would have been altered drastically.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Tom Brady didn't 'become' Tom Brady' until the back-to-back 14-2 Super Bowl Champion 2003 and 2004 seasons. The Patriots became unstoppable in years 4 and 5 of his 20+ year career. We will need to be patient with Jarrett Stidham and he's not going to be a Hall-of-Famer right out of the gate. Tom wasn't. It took time. It took a few years, actually. We're going to have to rely on the coaches to evaluate Stidham and gauge his progress. They will be watching him 6 days a week while we will be watching him only on Sundays.

Lastly, Jarrett Stidham is not going to be Tom Brady. Ever. I'm preparing myself for a new normal where there won't be too many "gimmes" on the schedule. The Defense and the rest of the offense will have to carry more of the load, and Belichick will just have to draft better. Bob and Jonathan Kraft will hold him accountable, and I think Belichick will have the Patriots back in Super Bowl contention within the next several seasons.

But back to the point I was trying to make at the beginning - unless Stidham is REALLY bad, it's going to take more than just this upcoming season to really know what we have in him. It's going to be very fun and interesting to watch!

• Like 3