Jarrett Stidham

Elky

On 5/10/2020 at 10:42 AM, jofos said:

I think behind a healthy O-line he is okay as a runner but his lack of involvement in the passing game is the issue. If he is on the field it is almost certain that it is a running play. This could be because he sucks in the passing game, Tom didn't trust him, or Tom didn't trust him because he sucked in the passing game.

Think having a legitimate fullback is going to help him more so than anything. Not sure what to expect out of the OL with Scar gone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Odds that Flacco or Newton sign if/when Stidham and Hoyer get hurt/don't do enough?

If Stidham gets hurt we'll have to. I don't think it will be Cam - he's far too different for our playbook. We'd have to cook something completely from scratch. I could see Flacco.

On 5/13/2020 at 9:48 PM, Dan_Bali said:

Lets stop the Lawrence talk.   The Pats D will win 8 games on their own.  I think we'll make the playoffs comfortably.

The defense was good last year, but it was also a little overrated. I think they've lost too many pieces up front to sustain the same success. The Patriots need to find a way to generate pressure naturally without gap blitzing. I'm not even sure they have the sources to do either, or, on the roster at this point. The secondary is still mostly in tact, and that is good, as that unit made the defense what it is. If Wino steps up and becomes a fully fledged player like he has shown he can, and we get immediate contributions from one of the rookies, that would be nice. But I'm not counting on the latter with how first year players are usually brought up in their system.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 4:16 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

If Stidham gets hurt we'll have to. I don't think it will be Cam - he's far too different for our playbook. We'd have to cook something completely from scratch. I could see Flacco.

Belicheck is a "I'll prove that I can Coach anybody well" type of guy it wouldn't shock me if he signed Cam actually

Edited by Chuck80