Which team is the best fit for Cam Newton?

DigInBoys

Newton's a proven QB, health notwithstanding.

Which team in need of a QB would he be able to take to the next level?

These would seem to be the teams that could use an immediate upgrade at QB:

Jaguars

Bears

Patriots

Redskins?

Broncos?

Edited by DigInBoys

58 minutes ago, N4L said:

this makes zero sense. Cam is literally the exact opposite in every conceivable way from BB on a professional level. 

Yeah can you imagine Cam in a NE post game PC? My god that would be comical. 

Cams screwed!

Possibly Jax, doubt Washington. His song for musical chairs is ending by the second now that the draft is complete. 

I always thought Chicago was the best fit for him, but then the Foles trade happened which made zero sense, Foles is a backup QB/Fringe Starter. 

At this point, it’s looking like Cam might not make it into a NFL Training Camp. Perhaps a playoff-caliber team signs him due to injury 4-5 games into the season.

I kinda wanna see what Kyle Shanahan can do with Cam. Would be some pretty interesting plays. I wonder if Week 1 started creeping up, if Cam would take a 1 year 6M type deal to be a backup QB? Would his ego allow that? He could go to SF, NO, IND, PITT. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I wonder if Week 1 started creeping up, if Cam would take a 1 year 6M type deal to be a backup QB? Would his ego allow that? He could go to SF, NO, IND, PITT. 

No!

Besides, back up QB these day are making 10-15M. Cam will sit out , wait for a injury and work on his Grandma's Fashion line before playing for a 1/3 of his 2019 salary.

Jacksonville or Denver would need him most, especially Denver.  

For Jacksonville, Gardner Minshew had a solid season and didn't even play 16 games, so we'll see how he ends up this season.  He definitely did well enough to have another go at the starting job, and if he gets injured, they have Josh Dobbs (who isn't terrible).  

I would like to see Minshew be their permanent guy for the next 10+ years, but it's just too early to tell. 

Denver has absolutely no insurance policy right now.  

Drew Lock is very unproven and they have nobody to back him up.  Of course, the problem is Elway, but he's like the pope in Colorado, so you can't tell Denver that.  

If I were Denver, I would be making every offer I could to get Cam Newton there. 

They need him more than Newton needs them.  

4 hours ago, Turnobili said:

patriost want trevor lawrence, not cam newton. i think cam makes the most sense to the chargers for one year. its going to be hard for rookie QBs like herbert to start right away with a limited camp/preseason

I honestly don't think Belichick wants either of them.  

He obviously has other plans.  

3 hours ago, N4L said:

this makes zero sense. Cam is literally the exact opposite in every conceivable way from BB on a professional level. 

No, you're talking about the way Cam Newton wants to dress for a press conference.  

That has absolutely nothing to do with why Cam will never be at New England.  

Cam doesn't fit with Belichick's play design.  He's looking for a QB with a quicker release and is more comfortable threading the needle in coverage.  

To Belichick,  Cam would be the TIm Tebow 2.0.  And, that's just not what he's looking for. 

Raiders? Great RB, great OL, good weapons now. 

Not sure they’d consider him over Carr at this point, but of the teams that may be looking (or at least side-eyeing) at other QBs, they’d be a solid spot.

I don’t think anywhere else really represents a spot for Can to flourish as a starter unless someone like Lamar or Mahomes goes down with an injury.