State Of The Roster

Bianconero

I know he was with us last year, but he came in post fa and draft so im counting this as his 1st year as gm and i think hes been really damn good so far

Would like more talent at WR and Edge specifically, but i also get the whole rome wasnt built in a day cliche

• Like 1

I like the trajectory JD has put us on.  Love the positions he addressed in the draft.  Will deffer to him in the Becton over Wirfs decision.  Now let's hope this translates to performance on the field.  

Edited by JetsFan15

12 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

I know he was with us last year, but he came in post fa and draft so im counting this as his 1st year as gm and i think hes been really damn good so far

Would like more talent at WR and Edge specifically, but i also get the whole rome wasnt built in a day cliche

Yea that's very true, our roster was so bad there is no way Douglas could turn our roster around in one off season, but he is going in the right direction

29 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Yea that's very true, our roster was so bad there is no way Douglas could turn our roster around in one off season, but he is going in the right direction

This is very true. So what JD did is he prioritized. The best teams in the league have a QB they like and a good OL. It's a tale as old as time. So Douglas sees the qb is set for a while, and builds the line as ours was trash. 

I love what he has done at weak spots on the roster. OL, CB, LB, all have been flooded with depth to the point where dudes have to compete at their best or they will not make the team as there simply aren't enough spots. This atmosphere is good for building teams both culturally and financially as you keep the best players that are also young and cheap for depth and play the starters. Now you still have cap room to sign the leaders of the team (Adams)  that were drafted by the team which inherently breeds effort and some loyalty. 

2 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I like the trajectory JD has put us on.  Love the positions he addressed in the draft.  Will deffer to him in the Becton over Wirfs decision.  Now let's hope this translates to performance on the field.  

I think it was the right call. I think Wirfs is more suited for og,  becton is pure LT.

Yeah this seemed like a foundational draft of a team rebuilding. I hope we continue you that next year and continue to to stockpile draft picks to really give the roster his imprint. 

Jets will be much more competitive and not nearly as frustrating but I still can’t see them competing for playoffs yet. That being said ya never know but if we aren’t, Bell is someone I would hope to move at the deadline this year to keep the building of assets going. All the things our past GMs failed to do.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bianconero said:

I would like to dedicate this thread to all things Mr. Joe Douglas

This man delivered us fans a draft that we actually really like, and not pretend-like, but genuinely like

Happy Hour Instagram GIF by Entertainment GIFs

This GIF made me laugh bc I just can’t see JD drinking a drink like that. Looks like he’d pound down a tall boy Miller Lite.

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah this seemed like a foundational draft of a team rebuilding. I hope we continue you that next year and continue to to stockpile draft picks to really give the roster his imprint. 

Jets will be much more competitive and not nearly as frustrating but I still can’t see them competing for playoffs yet. That being said ya never know but if we aren’t, Bell is someone I would hope to move at the deadline this year to keep the building of assets going. All the things our past GMs failed to do.

What he did that is incredible is we don’t have a glaring weakness anywhere. Are some areas not complete? Of course. But he can’t fix everything in 1 offseason. Trending in the right direction for us finally.

• Like 5

We also got a glimpse into the type of guys we’ll be targeting. We can go into offseasons and actually know who we may target. 

Receiver Is the one area I think we’ll see a variety of guys but all have to do work after the catch

Crowder is a shifty, route technician who can do work after the catch

Perriman is a burner who can do work after the catch

Mims is a physical, possession type guy who can do work after the catch. 

• Like 2