State Of The Roster

Bianconero

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

I think e have the fewest holes right now than we have had in a while...... and seriously 10-6 for the pats?  Our roster is better than theirs. 

Agreed, but the biggest lol was that we are suffering from the Darnold trade (?!)

5 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I just saw this in NFL General's "Too Early 2020 Season Prediction Thread" and lol'd at this Darnold comment

AFC East:

Buffalo Bills 11-5

New England Patriots 10-6

Miami Dolphins 6-10

New York Jets 4-12

Don't screw this up Bills. IMO Bills have the Top Defense in the NFL. Although it's damn hard to trust Josh Allen. It's a make of break year for that guy. Even with the QB situation, I cannot fathom Bill missing the playoffs. I think they will get Jake Fromm or Jake Luton today in the draft and that will be their starter over Stidham. As for the Jets, still suffering from the Darnold trade. I just see holes all over that roster.

Any other team and people would be accusing the Patriots of tanking

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

The jets seem to be up with how the nfl is now. Under maccagnan we had no direction, it was frustrating being bad and no hope. 

Our hope to surprise people is if Darnold breaks out and our defense can play good.

I think Bell bounces back with a better OL, I have a legit good feeling that Becton is gonna be really good and fast. Some dudes are just born to play football.

McGovern is gonna be a mvp signing, we had liabilities at center for years. Hes very solid.

People underrate how bad beachum was, look at the stats running behind him. Straight up liability run blocking. He should be a backup not starter.

Greg Van Roten is nothing special,  but hes very solid and not a liability which is good.

Hopefully we hit on Fant being good in this scheme. I havent given up on Edoga, he just needs to get better.

This offense needs that OL to play well. 

It will be key for OL to come together as a unit.  You don't need All Pros across a OL to have a productive unit.  That is what I am hoping for here .... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think the Jets finish 7-9 again

You never know in today's NFL.  Bills D is real but I am not a believer in the offense.  NE will be weaker for sure.  Not sold at all as to what Miami has done.  So we will see.  If Gase can finally live up to the hype of the offensive guru he is ... I can see us challenging for the division.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I agree, but I mostly think it's due to a much harder schedule

Yeah. Those games down the stretch were cupcakes last year.

they will be a better team, but it may not reflect in the W-L column.

Just now, JetsFan15 said:

You never know in today's NFL.  Bills D is real but I am not a believer in the offense.  NE will be weaker for sure.  Not sold at all as to what Miami has done.  So we will see.  If Gase can finally live up to the hype of the offensive guru he is ... I can see us challenging for the division.  

Yeah, NE isn’t 2x automatic losses anymore (I hope) but the schedule looks brutal. I think we’ll split with them.

all comes down to Gase/Darnold showing they can make it work. If they finish ranked #20 or below I’m done with it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I agree, but I mostly think it's due to a much harder schedule

This next season is about progress rather than results. 

This is still yr 1 of the JD rebuild.

We really just want to see the young guys progress and get better. Growth is name of the game for 2020. 

16 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I think Diggs is a ticking time bomb there, hes gonna get annoyed with Allen as his QB. 

• Like 1

At least they have a direction.

Clearly has types.

At CB they like long CBs who are physical, look at every CB we added. They are usually over 6 feet and physical.

OL they like athletic guys, and they drafted finishers, clearly annoyed with our OL Last year not finishing.

WR they like big fast guys who can run and make plays on the outside with the quick slot WR inside (Crowder Berrios)

4 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

At least they have a direction.

Clearly has types.

At CB they like long CBs who are physical, look at every CB we added. They are usually over 6 feet and physical.

OL they like athletic guys, and they drafted finishers, clearly annoyed with our OL Last year not finishing.

WR they like big fast guys who can run and make plays on the outside with the quick slot WR inside (Crowder Berrios)

All in line with how the NFL is going - love it

8 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I think the biggest weakness on this team is not roster-driven, it's the HC

Let's hope he improves like we hope our young players do

Honestly, it’s why I can’t fully commit to this lol

praying he can deliver a decent offense without the GOAT mind behind center.

12 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I think the biggest weakness on this team is not roster-driven, it's the HC

Let's hope he improves like we hope our young players do

lol I would love for him to prove me wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up. 

• Like 1