State Of The Roster

Bianconero

18 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

At least they have a direction.

Clearly has types.

At CB they like long CBs who are physical, look at every CB we added. They are usually over 6 feet and physical.

OL they like athletic guys, and they drafted finishers, clearly annoyed with our OL Last year not finishing.

WR they like big fast guys who can run and make plays on the outside with the quick slot WR inside (Crowder Berrios)

Adding to this.. Douglas drafted five former college captains after repeatedly preaching character/culture since he took over.

It's refreshing to finally have a GM who actually follows through with the narrative he's pushing. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Securing Jamal long-term would make this the best off-season we've had since 2008

5th year option was exercised this morning.We all knew it was coming.  So he is under contract now for 2 years.  He can be traded or extended whatever Douglas wants  or just let it ride out the next 2 years.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bianconero said:

I think the biggest weakness on this team is not roster-driven, it's the HC

Let's hope he improves like we hope our young players do

My hope is that Sam, now in his third year,, but still younger than Burrow and Morgan, takes control of the offense. I think Williams has almost complete control of the defense, so if Sam controls the offense, Gase’s control will be with the weekly  roster and 4th down decisions.. JD will control the final roster and hopefully insist his draftees and free agent signing get a fair evaluation. 

Edited by Rich51

13 hours ago, Bianconero said:

I just saw this in NFL General's "Too Early 2020 Season Prediction Thread" and lol'd at this Darnold comment

AFC East:

Buffalo Bills 11-5

New England Patriots 10-6

Miami Dolphins 6-10

New York Jets 4-12

Don't screw this up Bills. IMO Bills have the Top Defense in the NFL. Although it's damn hard to trust Josh Allen. It's a make of break year for that guy. Even with the QB situation, I cannot fathom Bill missing the playoffs. I think they will get Jake Fromm or Jake Luton today in the draft and that will be their starter over Stidham. As for the Jets, still suffering from the Darnold trade. I just see holes all over that roster.

Interesting and I think you are right. Losing those two second round picks to get Darnold really hurt, but we had to do it.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Interesting and I think you are right. Losing those two second round picks to get Darnold really hurt, but we had to do it.

I wouldn’t worry too much. With Maccagnan calling the shots we would of ****ed the picks up regardless!! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bianconero said:

I think the biggest weakness on this team is not roster-driven, it's the HC

Let's hope he improves like we hope our young players do

7-6 with Darnold and improvements pretty much at every spot this year. Should be fine, its really on Sam. He plays well we win, he sees ghosts well....

19 hours ago, Bianconero said:

I just saw this in NFL General's "Too Early 2020 Season Prediction Thread" and lol'd at this Darnold comment

AFC East:

Buffalo Bills 11-5

New England Patriots 10-6

Miami Dolphins 6-10

New York Jets 4-12

Don't screw this up Bills. IMO Bills have the Top Defense in the NFL. Although it's damn hard to trust Josh Allen. It's a make of break year for that guy. Even with the QB situation, I cannot fathom Bill missing the playoffs. I think they will get Jake Fromm or Jake Luton today in the draft and that will be their starter over Stidham. As for the Jets, still suffering from the Darnold trade. I just see holes all over that roster.

Bills are one of the most overrated teams I've seen going into a season in a long time. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Bills are one of the most overrated teams I've seen going into a season in a long time. 

I disagree with this. Are they amongst the KCs og the AFC? No. But they are the clear favorite in the division. They looked good last year and got quite a bit better in the offseason. They have an elite defense and added to that defense and added some nice weapons on offense as well.

I don’t see anyone in our division running away with it to be honest. We all have tough defenses. Three top 10 defenses in our division and Miami’s defense has improved.

The Bills should be the favorite, but I wouldn’t be surprised if either NYJ or NE wins it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

7-6 with Darnold and improvements pretty much at every spot this year. Should be fine, its really on Sam. He plays well we win, he sees ghosts well....

OL needs to play for Sam.  It's still a major question despite the additions.  I have no doubt it'll be better but still is probably in the bottom half of the NFL overall.

RT is still a huge question and so is one of the guard spots where GVR doesn't play and it not like he's some world beater either.  Good news is we have some doeth so hopefully someone can step up and play at an above average level.

OL is still the biggest weakness on this team even more so then WR.  I like Mims even if it may take half the season for him to get comfortable with Sam and I think Perriman finally figured it out where things are slowing from him.  Obviously Crowder is a great slot and Herndon is a fantastic TE prospect so my concerns are more so on the OL then anything else.  As we saw last year a bad OL can sink a season and right now it very well could still.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I disagree with this. Are they amongst the KCs og the AFC? No. But they are the clear favorite in the division. They looked good last year and got quite a bit better in the offseason. They have an elite defense and added to that defense and added some nice weapons on offense as well.

Bills D is sold yes. But Allen is there weakness. DC now have two years worth of film. See what they want to do and his weaknesses are and they will take away his running.  Making Allen sit back in the pocket will lead to INTs has he is not accurate.  They will go as far as he improves or regresses IMO 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

OL needs to play for Sam.  It's still a major question despite the additions.  I have no doubt it'll be better but still is probably in the bottom half of the NFL overall.

RT is still a huge question and so is one of the guard spots where GVR doesn't play and it not like he's some world beater either.  Good news is we have some doeth so hopefully someone can step up and play at an above average level.

OL is still the biggest weakness on this team even more so then WR.  I like Mims even if it may take half the season for him to get comfortable with Sam and I think Perriman finally figured it out where things are slowing from him.  Obviously Crowder is a great slot and Herndon is a fantastic TE prospect so my concerns are more so on the OL then anything else.  As we saw last year a bad OL can sink a season and right now it very well could still.

I agree with this.  If the OL play is there Sam and Bell will flourish. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

They’re a good team. You can be both good and overrated. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

Bills D is sold yes. But Allen is there weakness. DC now have two years worth of film. See what they want to do and his weaknesses are and they will take away his running.  Making Allen sit back in the pocket will lead to INTs has he is not accurate.  They will go as far as he improves or regresses IMO 

Once again I don’t agree with this.

Why bc he’s not our QB? So we can sit here and say Darnold can and will get better each year. But Allen can’t? That’s nonsense. The Bills have clearly seen the weakness has been weapons and they it a few more pieces to help out Allen. To assume he won’t be better... is pretty crazy to me.

• Like 1