State Of The Roster

Bianconero

One thing hes right about is that no QB has been put in a worse position than Sam Darnold. He kept us alive by himself, I can only imagine what he'd do with a actual supporting cast. 

Worst OL, no run game, mediocre and injured receivers.  I am hoping Darnold succeeds and becomes a elite QB. 

Plus Adam Gase has coached nothing but bad offenses since Manning, so hes still up for debate whether hes actually any good as a coach. 

IDK what the one dudes talking about like Darnold wasn't good in college, he had worse teams than all those QBs had.  USC was a joke and Darnold turned them back to being relevant. 

Edited by NYJets4716
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Lol, tempted to throw this in NFL Gen just to stir the pot. 

Given the amount of adversity Sam has faced, I think it's completely reasonable to stick with your evaluation of him as a prospect to this point. Typically, I'd wait three seasons to pass judgment or change my opinion of these guys anyways, unless blatantly wrong one way or the other. Make no mistake about it, this year is critical for Sam - No more excuses, he absolutely has to show something to warrant the hype, otherwise it's time to reevaluate what he is. I'm optimistic we'll have the last laugh. 

14 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Can we go get Corey Davis? I think his best ball is in front of him

Normally I'd say for sure. But he's pretty much Josh Doctson who we already are taking a shot on. But I could see the point of why not double down. 

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Normally I'd say for sure. But he's pretty much Josh Doctson who we already are taking a shot on. But I could see the point of why not double down. 

The only comparison Corey Davis has to Josh Doctson is that they are former 1st Round Picks

Davis is tough, reliable, smart and a good leader and does the little things right. Josh Doctson is still a raw player with some theoretical upside.

37 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Can we go get Corey Davis? I think his best ball is in front of him

Why?  What has he done to warrant trading a pick for him?  Maybe his best football was in college.