State Of The Roster

Bianconero

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

Can we go get Corey Davis? I think his best ball is in front of him

Tenn declined the 5th year option.  Any trade would be for a 1 yr cheap deal (4th yr of rookie contract) and then he is UFA.  What would you want to give up for a one-year band aid?  Or would you offer Davis more than a 1 yr deal?  I wouldn't.  

Edited by dcat

On 4/29/2020 at 8:42 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

Dont think doctor's have seen him yet because of COVID. Last I remember its was 50/50.

Basically I got nothing for you.

it's one of the reasons why clowney will have to wait it out or take a lot less. Teams cant probe his body.

For me the only glaring hole is at Edge. Jenkins isn’t going to be that big sack guy and neither is Basham. So it’s really hoping Zuniga can be something. Every other position has some optimism. Either with established talent or a lot of potential talent. Not that our edges don’t have potential. But none of them have shown that difference maker presence yet.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For me the only glaring hole is at Edge. Jenkins isn’t going to be that big sack guy and neither is Basham. So it’s really hoping Zuniga can be something. Every other position has some optimism. Either with established talent or a lot of potential talent. Not that our edges don’t have potential. But none of them have shown that difference maker presence yet.

We really need to sign an edge and there’s still a few guys out there who can really make a difference. Clowney or Griffin would be ideal 

• Like 1

Yeah you cant go into a new season with Basham as one if the edge starters and pretend like your trying to compete.  Fine rotational player, but not a starter.

Now hopefully Zuniga is way ahead of the curve and ready to start, but is is more unlikely than not, so filling out that last spot is definitely something that Joe D should do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcat said:

Tenn declined the 5th year option.  Any trade would be for a 1 yr cheap deal (4th yr of rookie contract) and then he is UFA.  What would you want to give up for a one-year band aid?  Or would you offer Davis more than a 1 yr deal?  I wouldn't.  

You offer a 4th or so and decide to sign him after the offseason. 

Small enough investment where if it fails it's not a killer but still nets you a chance at a player with a ton of potential.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Why does he think Zuniga is playing DE?

Probably just assuming college position = NFL position, same reason he has Clark at LT instead of guard.  But yeah, Zuniga will def be a OLB

But alot of that list is odd, doesnt even have Nate Shepherd on there

Edited by Abe56
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KodiakThunder said:

You offer a 4th or so and decide to sign him after the offseason. 

Small enough investment where if it fails it's not a killer but still nets you a chance at a player with a ton of potential.  

conditional 4th at most.  I'm not a fan of the player.  He's had opportunities now with different QBs with no different results. I would rather we pass on Davis. 

Bash me all you want, but I do not think it is wise to give up any draft picks for a 4th year receiver who has not lived up to his potential just because he was a 1st round draft pick. His draft pedigree is his only asset. As I stated, maybe he has reached his potential and this is as good as he gets. We have a team full of those. Clowney’s  situation is very similar. He has never been a double digit sack guy and I do not want to hear about pressures because we were all glad we got rid of Leo - king of the “almost sack”. You want to pay a guy $15+ million for that?  I also wonder how many weeks Clooney would spend in GW’s dog house because he is not working hard. JD has a multi year plan to finally make this team a competitive team year after year. 

Keep seeing people bringing up Clowney or Griffin, but the guy I think the Jets should sign is Markus Golden. He’s younger then Griffin and less of an injury question mark then Clowney. He was very disruptive as a pass rusher for the Giants last season and a few years ago in Arizona before he tore his ACL.

• Like 1

Where’s Shepherd on the depth chart? He certainly played better then Henry Anderson last year. Not sure how Henry’s a starter.

This why I prefer the Edge versus DL labels instead of the way he outlined it. Gregg is going to have them playing 3-4, 4-3,3-3-3-5, 4-2-5. But at the end of the day Zuniga will be out on the edge. Whether it’s in a 2 point stance or 3 point stance...doesn’t matter. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Keep seeing people bringing up Clowney or Griffin, but the guy I think the Jets should sign is Markus Golden. He’s younger then Griffin and less of an injury question mark then Clowney. He was very disruptive as a pass rusher for the Giants last season and a few years ago in Arizona before he tore his ACL.

I like Golden but if you look at one of the main aspects to a lot of these free agent signings and then the draft picks and it’s all about speed and athleticism. Both Clowney and Griffin  ring speed whereas Golden doesn’t. He ran close to what Mekhi did in the 40.