State Of The Roster

Bianconero

If we move in from Le’Veon Bell after this year and are on the look for a veteran back do you think we will consider Leonard Fournette? The Jaguars have declined his 5th year option so he will be a free agent next offseason. Can’t imagine he will be that expensive but maybe a name to monitor next offseason 

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

If we move in from Le’Veon Bell after this year and are on the look for a veteran back do you think we will consider Leonard Fournette? The Jaguars have declined his 5th year option so he will be a free agent next offseason. Can’t imagine he will be that expensive but maybe a name to monitor next offseason 

Only if he is willing to work as a tandem back. And even then it would have to be cheap. I'd prefer just drafting a mid round power back and build a nice RB by committee situation 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

No thanks.   Just draft another RB in the mud rounds next year to pair with Perine.  I'm so sick of spending money on RBs that have very little tread left on the tire.   It's like we love playing guys to watch them get bad at football. 

46 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Only if he is willing to work as a tandem back. And even then it would have to be cheap. I'd prefer just drafting a mid round power back and build a nice RB by committee situation 

Yeah I think he would have to accept that role more or less anywhere he went to be fair. Signing a vet alongside Perine and then a rookie would be a nice stable of running backs 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

No thanks.   Just draft another RB in the mud rounds next year to pair with Perine.  I'm so sick of spending money on RBs that have very little tread left on the tire.   It's like we love playing guys to watch them get bad at football. 

Meh I’m not sure I agree on that. We’ve signed some decent veteran running backs over the years who have done well. Thomas Jones, LT, Chris Ivory, Matt Forte. Guys have actually been good for us. I don’t think he would command huge money so I’d be down to draft another back plus Perine and then a vet like LF

• Like 2

Assuming we cut Bell, I wouldn’t mind signing someone in that $3-5 million range and then spending a 4th round on a RB in 2021. Then go the committee route. Don’t really know details on all the FA RBs but is Fournette known for good vision? I thought he was more a just pound and see what happens. Might not be a great fit for our team. Maybe a guy like Tevin Coleman or Matt Breida would be better.

Edited by SDotNova

11 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Assuming we cut Bell, I wouldn’t mind signing someone in that $3-5 million range and then spending a 4th round on a RB in 2021. Then go the committee route. Don’t really know details on all the FA RBs but is Fournette known for good vision? I thought he was more a just pound and see what happens. Might not be a great fit for our team. Maybe a guy like Tevin Coleman or Matt Breida would be better.

I also think it’s not a given we get rid of Bell. We aren’t a team starving for cap space. So if he looks good behind this OL and is a weapon like he is. There’s no huge need to cut him. I’d still imagine we do cut him. But we don’t “have to”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I also think it’s not a given we get rid of Bell. We aren’t a team starving for cap space. So if he looks good behind this OL and is a weapon like he is. There’s no huge need to cut him. I’d still imagine we do cut him. But we don’t “have to”

That’s true. His cap hit comes down slightly to $13.5. So it’s not awful if he gets back to being a really good back.

Edited by SDotNova

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

What’s he done that would harm his chances here do you think? 

Sitting on the sidelines sulking.  I think he is a decent back, just not someone who JD would bring in. 

On 4/29/2020 at 12:12 PM, NYJets4716 said:

They were winning games with Allen completing 45-52% of his passes

I was reading through because you guys are so active compared to the Bills forum and came across this. This is factually wrong. in 9 of the 10 Bills wins Allen completed 60% or higher of his passes. The only win Buffalo had where Allen completed less then 60 was at Pittsburgh.

As for the Jets roster, I think you guys are being incredibly underrated by most. A lot of people seem to believe the Dolphins have passed you guys and I see the Jets predicted to be 4th a lot. Jets could still finish 4th obviously but if you do it'll be with 6 or 7 wins IMO. Last year I thought the Jets were overrated but Douglas has done a really nice job filling out the roster and making every position competitive.

IMO this season comes down to Gase as a coach more than anything. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Yeah I mean last year he had over 1100 rushing yards and 76 catches too. All in 15 games which I think is really nice. As I said I’m just thinking into next year but if Bell is $13.5m next year but we could Fournette for say $7m then I’d go with LF all day.