State Of The Roster

Bianconero

3 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

So you can rewatch last seasons games now?  

Yeah. I'm working on putting together some stuff we can go over around here especially since I'm done with class for the year. 

This clip is one of the first plays of the season. Gase draws up a great play. Crowder is going to work against the Bills LB which is an advantage to us. 

He motions out and gets matched up 1v1, its a spot n go option route. If its zone he sits in the hole and if its man he goes across the middle. 

The Safety cheats over the top of Edmunds so Darnold knows the heat is coming from the right and he adjusts the protection. Kalil and Winters screw it up. 

If Beachum takes Hughes, Osemele the 1T, Kalil the 3T, Winters takes Murphy and Shell picks up Edmunds it should result in a nice gain for us. 

BUT Kalil slides left, so does Winters, Murphy comes in free and Darnold has to rush the throw. 

What I see is the coach draw up a great play, our QB read the defense perfectly and communicate it to the line and our C/RG combo screw it up. 

There's so many plays like this not to say Gase was perfect but I have seen so many opportunities we had to make positive plays.

I'm gonna post a ton of them to keep dialogue going in these down times, hope you guys enjoy it.

Edited by KingOfTheDot
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

We had so many unblocked sacks last year, you could almost assume it was intentional.  Total joke.

It always seemed like Sam was a really likable kid, but it seems from the way the OL treated him the last 2 years maybe he is really annoying and his own teammates want bad things to happen to him.  

With Quincy Enunwa , on the reserve PUP list, we are very thin at WR, one or two injuries at that position and will be in huge trouble. None of us really knows how Mins will do in his first year, will he play like OBJ did in his first year or will he be the new Devin Smith, at least he has much more talent than Smith.

7 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

With Quincy Enunwa , on the reserve PUP list, we are very thin at WR, one or two injuries at that position and will be in huge trouble. None of us really knows how Mins will do in his first year, will he play like OBJ did in his first year or will he be the new Devin Smith, at least he has much more talent than Smith.

Agreed. My one gripe about the draft was only getting 1 WR in a stacked draft class. It was a perfect opportunity to grab at least 2-3 guys. When we will have guys that we drafted with valuable picks getting little to no snaps (Morgan, Perine, Clark). Those are all players I like. But would have liked at least 1 of those picks to be another WR. There’s way too many question marks at WR for us with Perriman’s injury history, Doctson coming off injury, Mims as a rookie and a bunch of borderline Guys that maybe shouldn’t even be in the NFL. If Perriman is healthy, Doctson stays healthy and Mims looks good then we are good. But the odds of all 3 happening just aren’t that high

• Like 4

On 04/05/2020 at 8:02 AM, KingOfTheDot said:

I'm gonna post a ton of them to keep dialogue going in these down times, hope you guys enjoy it.

This is really interesting stuff. Would love to see more of what the hell was going on with our offense last season

19 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. My one gripe about the draft was only getting 1 WR in a stacked draft class. It was a perfect opportunity to grab at least 2-3 guys. When we will have guys that we drafted with valuable picks getting little to no snaps (Morgan, Perine, Clark). Those are all players I like. But would have liked at least 1 of those picks to be another WR. There’s way too many question marks at WR for us with Perriman’s injury history, Doctson coming off injury, Mims as a rookie and a bunch of borderline Guys that maybe shouldn’t even be in the NFL. If Perriman is healthy, Doctson stays healthy and Mims looks good then we are good. But the odds of all 3 happening just aren’t that high

Yeah agreed. The James Morgan pick still annoys me. Not because of the player but going QB when receivers like AGG, Gabriel David, DPJ, Tyler Johnson and Collin Johnson were all on the board. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Yeah agreed. The James Morgan pick still annoys me. Not because of the player but going QB when receivers like AGG, Gabriel David, DPJ, Tyler Johnson and Collin Johnson were all on the board. 

I agree. If the goal was to get a competent backup, there are a lot of veterans with starting experience that could fill that roll -Siemien, Stanton, Moore,Geno, etc. Just last week (or was it last month, hard to tell anymore I heard it mentioned that Sanchez was Dax’s mentor in his first year.  IMO Sam just needs somebody with experience to talk to not someone he might end up competing again.          . 

• Like 1

@KingOfTheDot where are the videos? The suspense is killing us. Just kidding. But I do want to see what you come up with. If there are many examples like that first clip, it might hint at a positive jump for Darnold just by having a competent OL. I think he was a top 10 graded QB from a clean pocket which hints at this as well.

One thing I noticed from watching him again in college, rookie season and last season is that his deep ball regressed last year. The stats suggest he’s been below average. But last year, he was particularly bad. He never hit some of those throws like he did his rookie season. Seems like a bit of outlier that can be explained by him having mano. His strength should be fully recovered by now. And now he has deep threats that go up and get the ball. 

Edited by SDotNova

4 hours ago, Rich51 said:

I agree. If the goal was to get a competent backup, there are a lot of veterans with starting experience that could fill that roll -Siemien, Stanton, Moore,Geno, etc. Just last week (or was it last month, hard to tell anymore I heard it mentioned that Sanchez was Dax’s mentor in his first year.  IMO Sam just needs somebody with experience to talk to not someone he might end up competing again.          . 

Exactly. I like the idea of drafting a young quarterback to develop if say you have a qb over 27ish. But when the guy we’ve drafted is older than our starting qb entering his third season it makes little sense.
Like I get that we got burned with Sam having Mono last year and then Siemen breaking his ankle in his first game but we could of taken a qb later on or better yet sign a good vet or two in FA. 

Watching some Fitzpatrick highlights from last season. Man was Parker a beast last season, a contested catch machine. I am hoping that Denzel Mims can bring some of that ability to make grabs even though hes covered  to help a QB out. Mims is more athletic than Parker too. 

Funny that Parker got like $10 mil per and so did Anderson, when Parker is MUCH MUCH better. Anderson never made catches to bail a QB out, he was really good at 1 thingand that was going deep. #3 WR. 

Watched Perriman vs the Texans, he definitely has athleticism to make circus grabs. He made some contested grabs and adjustments on the ball to bail his QB out. I am really hoping that Perriman is one of those guys that is just now breaking out, I don't expect a #1 guy just hoping hes a solid WR for us and really hoping Mims we hit on Mims and he becomes a stud for us. Cause watching his highlights in college, guys that make grabs like that are hard to find and usually are studs in the NFL.  

You go back to Denzel's tape at Baylor: In that league, they play a lot of soft man and zone coverage, so you didn't see him get pressed. You didn't see someone in his hip pocket and having to separate, which is where he made the jump in Mobile. You saw all that stuff. In one-on-one drills, he did a great job of shaking people at the line of scrimmage. ... At the top of routes, he consistently separated and he made a bunch of crazy plays on the ball. There probably wasn't a better guy during our week in terms of making contested [catches] and those acrobatic plays on the ball. ... He's going to be a really friendly target for [Jets QB] Sam Darnold."

Nagy at the Senior bowl.