State Of The Roster

Bianconero

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah this seemed like a foundational draft of a team rebuilding. I hope we continue you that next year and continue to to stockpile draft picks to really give the roster his imprint. 

Jets will be much more competitive and not nearly as frustrating but I still can’t see them competing for playoffs yet. That being said ya never know but if we aren’t, Bell is someone I would hope to move at the deadline this year to keep the building of assets going. All the things our past GMs failed to do.

I love Mims but I'll be the first to tell you not to expect consistency until his 2nd year.  Hell have his ups and downs in year 1.  

The jets seem to be up with how the nfl is now. Under maccagnan we had no direction, it was frustrating being bad and no hope. 

Our hope to surprise people is if Darnold breaks out and our defense can play good.

I think Bell bounces back with a better OL, I have a legit good feeling that Becton is gonna be really good and fast. Some dudes are just born to play football.

McGovern is gonna be a mvp signing, we had liabilities at center for years. Hes very solid.

People underrate how bad beachum was, look at the stats running behind him. Straight up liability run blocking. He should be a backup not starter.

Greg Van Roten is nothing special,  but hes very solid and not a liability which is good.

Hopefully we hit on Fant being good in this scheme. I havent given up on Edoga, he just needs to get better.

This offense needs that OL to play well. 

• Like 1

Do y’all see Douglas adding any veteran players at this point? Before the draft, I thought corner, WR and edge could be areas. He added Quincy Wilson and a couple of DBs through the draft. So we are set there. With the other two areas, I think he’ll continue to be opportunistic.

I really like what he has done to the roster in just one year. Gregg Williams and Adam Gase must be pumped. Boyer apparently jumped on a table screaming for Mann. Joe even made the special teams coach happy.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't see us getting in the WC or playoffs this year, but I think this season will restore a lot of long term hope for us. 

Same but let's say we win that Buffalo game and have Sam all year (win one of those Miami, Cincy games) then don't we make the playoffs?

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

Same but let's say we win that Buffalo game and have Sam all year (win one of those Miami, Cincy games) then don't we make the playoffs?

Schedule is gonna be much tougher this year.  I think we get to around 8 wins and play meaningful games down the stretch but just miss out.

I'd like to see JD purge the roster some more at the deadline with guys who aren't long term answers.  I love his juggling of the mid rounders so if we can add a few extra picks in the 3rd-6th rounds for him to play with that would be a good thing.

I feel guys like Bell, Winters, Williamson, Jenkins, Maye, Anderson, etc probably aren't long term answers here so getting mid rounders for them would be ideal.

We'll have to see how the season is going because if we are in it and these guys are playing well we likely aren't going to move them.

It's exciting to have such a smart GM in place because we've need one for the longest time.  What he was able to do in one offseason is quite spectacular honestly.  We had literally one of the least talented rosters in the entire NFL and now we have a squad with pretty solid depth and no glaring holes.  Definitely need upgrades at positions but when we can get to the point where we can draft these mid rounders and let them develop behind another player and not have to count on a 3rd rounder to be a starter it nice.  That's what good teams do and feel like we are heading in that direction.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If Sam doesn't miss 3 games I think the offense finds itself sooner. We def pull of either one of Jax/Mia/Cincy, maybe 2 and the Bills game was won. 

26 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

As mentioned, the schedule is tougher. We're not getting that stretch of tanking teams we had last year. 7 wins this year against this schedule is better than last year's 7 wins. Chargers, Chiefs, Seahawks, Rams, Broncos,  49ers, Cardinals, Raiders, and an AFC South team will be added outside of the schedule. Paper wise, Miami and Buffalo look better. We got lucky against both. Patriots will decline but BB is still in charge. 

The main difference is that I feel like this team will be competitive and may get some wins against some of these good teams once when our roster is settled. I don't see any major holes on this roster we can't fill this offseason, but we have a lot of question marks. 

Edited by rickyt31

I think we make the playoffs since we don’t have to play Brady twice a year. Hopefully now we can actually move some people with our o line .. and have a nice balanced offense. Still need another wr long term and probably an edge ... for the love of god give us Clowney.

think we’d have sufficient talent on all levels 

d line ... quinnen hopefully develops Anderson is good enough 

Jenkins and Clowney could be amazing... if we can rely on Ashtyn and Marcus deep we can move Jamal around to bring chaos ... ... our d should be solid

Becton should be able to hit the ground running with the run game, more worried about the past but if we can give LeVeon some room should be able to have a pretty balanced offense ... trust Sam when upright with some weapons to be able to and willing to give our offense some chances... just no more freak injuries 

If our OL improves blocking wise and discipline wise...Bell should be better, Sam should be better regardless, we have a healthy Herndon now.  We should improve every aspect of offense.

On defense again it looks like with healthy LBs, better CBs and hopefully Q coming on we should again see improvement.  

I don't really care about the schedule our division is a complete crap shoot.  We somehow nail 5 wins we might only need 3 others. xD

• Like 1

While we are certainly a better team, if the NFL does not permit a normal spring and summer, we could start off slow. Our new and improved OL needs to practice together and that is tough enough with a normal offseason. On the other hand, having 5 cub scouts play OL for us would be better than last years unit.