> 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <

Kiltman

Was looking at the trade chart, the Colts’ 3rd we got lines up almost perfectly to leap us to 9. So if they wanted to guarantee getting a falling WR or perhaps their pick of the corners maybe they’d do that.

Though if the plan is corner and none are off the board before 9 it’s probably fine to wait.

45 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

As he sits with a twisted knee. Gimme the big hoss that protects me. I can make Cincys weapons work. 

Really what they should do is swap back with the Lions or Giants. Given the OT and WR talent they can still get one and get more picks to build around Burrow. But the Bengals are a dumb franchise and will sit at their pick and probably draft like Surtain at 5 or Waddle.

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

As he sits with a twisted knee. Gimme the big hoss that protects me. I can make Cincys weapons work. 

Ya they have Boyd and Higgins at WR already. Chase makes their group elite for sure.... but they need to protect their QB first and foremost.

I could definitely see them going Chase though... they just signed Reiff and they probably think they are ok at LT and can fill other OL holes in later rounds... would be dumb but it is Cincinnati....

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

They could take Chase, then trade up a little and take Radunz. Kind of a rare circumstance since Chase is the #1 WR prospect, and he and Burrow have built in chemistry.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I like this trade because the talent level at 12 and 6 are about the same. But after 13 it drops off

With the QBs thrown in it could last to 15, but yeah there’s really no mathematical way a solid guy isn’t there at 12 with at least the top 3 being quarterbacks.

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya they have Boyd and Higgins at WR already. Chase makes their group elite for sure.... but they need to protect their QB first and foremost.

I could definitely see them going Chase though... they just signed Reiff and they probably think they are ok at LT and can fill other OL holes in later rounds... would be dumb but it is Cincinnati....

It’s the same dumb situation the cowboys are in. Why take a position where you are good at and leave other positions barren? Cowboys have a great WR unit....and arguably the worse defense in the league. Chase would be a luxury pick to the Bengals like Goedert was a luxury pick for us, and Lamb to the cowboys. Problem is none of those teams could afford the luxury. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s the same dumb situation the cowboys are in. Why take a position where you are good at and leave other positions barren? Cowboys have a great WR unit....and arguably the worse defense in the league. Chase would be a luxury pick to the Bengals like Goedert was a luxury pick for us, and Lamb to the cowboys. Problem is none of those teams could afford the luxury. 

It's not really the same. Ceedee Lamb and Dak didn't play in college together. And if Sewell is gone by #5, Chase is arguably BPA. And the Bengals can still get a decent OL at the top of round 2, like Vera-Tucker, Radunz, Leatherwood, Cosmi.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It's not really the same. Ceedee Lamb and Dak didn't play in college together. And if Sewell is gone by #5, Chase is arguably BPA. And the Bengals can still get a decent OL at the top of round 2, like Vera-Tucker, Radunz, Leatherwood, Cosmi.

Who cares if they played in college together? The Bengals taking a WR, even a generational talent, over say a T like Slater would be dumb. They would be creating more problems than solving one. 

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Who cares if they played in college together? The Bengals taking a WR, even a generational talent, over say a T like Slater would be dumb. They would be creating more problems than solving one. 

What problem does that create? If Chase ends up being great, and Sewell ends up just being an average LT, the Bengals did a good job. There's no gurantee Slater or Sewell become the next great OL's. They might both just be average or bust.

Bengals should simply take the guy they have the most faith in succeeding, and that's likely the WR who already has a rapport with their franchise QB. Tee Higgins is likely a very good #2 WR, not a true #1 like Ja'Marr. We also don't know how highly the Bengals think of Jonah Williams. Maybe they believe he blossoms into a true LT now that he;'s 2 years removed from injury.

Edited by Jeezla