> 2021 Draft Prospect Thread <

Kiltman

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Hurts a couple guys but it is one of the more overrated things. Media and some teams are real dumb about it. 

Like Ruggs as the first wideout last year? How?

I saw someone on twitter like a week ago saying that someone should go through and find out how many millions of dollars desean jackson made guys because he worked out as a good player.

On 2/6/2021 at 8:55 PM, Scalamania said:

These speed prospects are more John Ross, Tavon Austin then Hill. 

Eh.. not sure I'd say that about Waddle. His analytics aren't even great, but his athleticism paired with what I believe what Aaron Moorehead and Nick Sirianni coaching him up can provide I think he can get to the route running level along with Reagor to where their YAC is gonna be deadly in this offense. Listening to Colts RB, Nyheim Hines, speak highly of him got me excited. He said, "He's gonna develop their players. I can personally say he developed me. Offensively helping me with the route game. When I was watching those routes with Rivers and Sproles and Woodhead. Nick was coaching me up on them." Hopefully he can help Sanders with catching the ball lol. I'd say if anyone of these receivers is closest to Hill its Waddle.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Zaven Collins is pretty damn good, hadn't really watched him yet, seems to be up in the 20s firmly.
With the blitzing/read and react style, could see LB at the Wentz pick if none of the top DBs fall.

Crazy looking body type for an off ball LB too. He looks like a DE running around out there.

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Crazy looking body type for an off ball LB too. He looks like a DE running around out there.

yeah he's real big out there.

Some tightness in his hips because of it the more I watch, but interesting player.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Eh.. not sure I'd say that about Waddle. His analytics aren't even great, but his athleticism paired with what I believe what Aaron Moorehead and Nick Sirianni coaching him up can provide I think he can get to the route running level along with Reagor to where their YAC is gonna be deadly in this offense. Listening to Colts RB, Nyheim Hines, speak highly of him got me excited. He said, "He's gonna develop their players. I can personally say he developed me. Offensively helping me with the route game. When I was watching those routes with Rivers and Sproles and Woodhead. Nick was coaching me up on them." Hopefully he can help Sanders with catching the ball lol. I'd say if anyone of these receivers is closest to Hill its Waddle.

This more in response to the Henry Ruggs comment that was made. 

5 hours ago, Wentz2Ertz said:

I think the D-line is being overlooked. Our defence lives and dies by the D-line, if we don't keep Cox and Graham fresh then we go nowhere. Malik Jackson is getting cut, so the 3rd DT can't be McGill/Williams. 

Issue with that is value. Not edge rushers are really worth a top ten pick. And they could be potentially gone by our 2nd and we might have to reach.

I agree with you it’s way more of a beef that it gets credit.

If we do get #20 or #21 it’d be a great spot to get an edge. Lots of value in those spots, no matter the mock there are some really solid prospects at that part of the draft this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wentz2Ertz said:

I think the D-line is being overlooked. Our defence lives and dies by the D-line, if we don't keep Cox and Graham fresh then we go nowhere. Malik Jackson is getting cut, so the 3rd DT can't be McGill/Williams. 

The EDGE an iDL class are both very underwhelming. Probably would be a good move with our second or third round pick but in the first round the value isn't there, IMO. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah but that might be his best role in the nfl?

Based on what though, just body type?? He had as many INT's as sacks this year.

edit: Actually I see what you're saying now, and yea I probably agree.

Edited by Jlash

35 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

The EDGE an iDL class are both very underwhelming. Probably would be a good move with our second or third round pick but in the first round the value isn't there, IMO. 

I agree, both are incredibly thin.