2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

Barnett was a guy whose "bend" was always overrated. He was a snap jumper with great production who was overrated because of it. He had more football experience than Paye yet still had to add to his arsenal when he got to the league cause his natural ability wasn't enough. Paye has better athleticism and is betterr in the run game. Not that Barnett was bad. He was pretty solid against the run coming out. He doesn't have Paye's twitchiness or strength though. Loved Barnett's motor, but he was always a guy who should've snuck into the first round to like mid 2nd round though. I have Paye as a guy who belongs in  the 20s and that isn't really a significant better prospect, but I like his upside and ability better than Barnett coming out which isn't saying a ton, but still.

I don't wanna draft Paye with 12th overall though. Let me make it clear. Cause I know if we do draft him someone is gonna act like he was my guy or something at 12. I won't be happy either, but I won't be as upset as I was when we took DB. I'd be able to accept it more with a trade down to gain another 2nd or maybe two 2nds if we move down with the Bears and he's still there at 20.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

TRM trying hard to talk himself off the ledge by trying to convince himself that Paye will be a good pick and I respect it.....

I've always liked Paye. Not as much as the receivers or corners obviously. Plus, I just thought he was gonna end up going like 5-15 picks later than our pick though or I guess that's what I was hoping cause I think we all knew in the back of our minds that we would consider him. I don't think he would be a great pick, but it wouldn't be a disasterous one from a talent perspective like some of you are acting like. From a what I want perspective? Yeah DE isn't it. I love Slater and AVT as well, but I don't really want trenches this year in the first. We've done that so much. Give us a guy on the outside of the formation that is a top talent. When is the last time we drafted a corner this high? It's probably never happened in Eagles franchise history lol. We've taken receiver in the first, but I mean.... Freddie Mitchell, Jeremy Maclin and Jalen Reagor aren't as good as the top receivers this year and none of them were taken as high as we are picking now. At least we've tried with receiver though. Last corner we took high was Lito Sheppard and that was more near the end of the first. The closest thing we got to a Surtain or Horn was SIdney Jones who was a first round player before the unfortunate pro day injury.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

On 4/26/2021 at 12:29 PM, EaglesPeteC said:
On 4/26/2021 at 12:15 PM, Scalamania said:

Honestly, this is the first draft in a very long time where I just don't care. I'm expecting Howie & Co. to **** this up and preparing myself for the worst. 

I, like an idiot, keep thinking “but this year will be different” 

giphy.gif?w=144

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Here's my argument against Paye - you have 5 QBs that could/will go in the top 12, you have a TE that will go top 12 and you have atleast 1 OL that will go top 12 - would Paye be the 5th best player on your board at the point? The answer will always be no.

I'd have to go through it, but this draft got shot in the leg with so many of the best prospects coming with big red flags that will push them. Unless you take Slater it kinda dies at 12

Farley, Parsons, Phillips, Smith
And the same with the next tier Oweh, Marshall, Rousseau, Toney, Rondale

I mean really look at the board. Unless you are taking an Olineman....top 20 is slim pickings.
Once you're at #12,  Pitts | Chase | Waddle and/or Smith | Surtain and/or Horn | could be gone. Viable ways all of them could be gone. So we're left with taking a LT and clogging that position, a guard at #12, they probably won't take one of the LBs even if they are rated highly or they have to dip into that middle tier (15-24) range and just go get a guy they like. That could be Newsome, Paye, maybe Bateman. And if you are playing the board there looks to be corners at #37 and WRs at #70...not so much edges.

Paye probably also is going to independently have an artificial rise as a good character guy, without a major injury history,
Especially in a year without as much data on these guys.
Teams are going to look past him only having one full season as a starter (they only got 4 games this year).
See it as him matching his previous output since he was on pace for that.

I've said it for months like we all have, I'm not going to be thrilled if thats the pick.
Just trying to read into why it's going to happen beyond it's been the obvious Howie move from the get.

It makes way more sense now why they might actually be trying to get to pick 7-9. They'd be able to get at least one of the WRs or CBs, might even have their pick between either.

If all 5 QBs go it solves our problem too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:
Patrick Surtain II
CB Alabama

Won't be there.

Jaelan Phillips
EDGE Miami (FL)

Won't be there.

Rondale Moore
WR Purdue