2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

4 hours ago, Danger said:

To me. Waddle is Percy Harvin

Curious if a team would use him underneath that much, I know he did it at bama.
To me his best case lies somewhere between a Percy and Desean. Desean started to do more underneath/slot stuff in the back part of his career, but was definitely Percy's go to. Waddle does both pretty well... seems to have the unreliability of those two too.

He's probably going to be a Giant unless one of the teams before him just need speed.
If the Pats get a QB elsewhere maybe they'd pop up to get Smith/Waddle before them.

9 hours ago, Danger said:

To me. Waddle is Percy Harvin

Hard to remember exactly what Percy was great at when he was great without the cloud of injuries at the end of his career. Waddle is stronger is contested catch situation and could be a better route runner. Percy was just so elite with the ball in his hands which Waddle is also good at 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Hard to remember exactly what Percy was great at when he was great without the cloud of injuries at the end of his career. Waddle is stronger is contested catch situation and could be a better route runner. Percy was just so elite with the ball in his hands which Waddle is also good at 

Percy was just really good at getting the ball anywhere and making something out of it, especially >12 yards from the los.

Waddle can do that too, just doesn’t have the body to be able to stand up to that so much....Percy couldn't himself and he was thicker. So he’ll have to do the down the field stuff more. I get the Tyreek and Desean comps, think he’s a bit of his own thing though.

Though If we took Waddle it’d feel like paying way more for the name brand while we still have some store-brand (Reagor) at home. Now you got this extra store-brand thing sitting there rarely getting used til it’s no good to you. 

Good player is a good player though. Hope the Lions take him.

I’m sure Howie can find a way to screw it up, but it does feel nice to be in a top ten that I genuinely feel good about taking anybody and even a couple extra. Fields would probably be the one I’d be the most eh about.

1 Ja'Marr Chase/Kyle Pitts/DeVonta Smith/Jaylen Waddle/Zaven Collins
2 Greg Newsome II/Cameron McGrone/Paris Ford/Pat Freiermuth/Travis Etienne
3 Jordan Smith/Aaron Robinson/Talanoa Hufanga/Benjamin St-Juste/Payton Turner
4 Aaron Banks/Robert Hainsey/Shi Smith/Josh Palmer/KJ Britt

I like Senior Bowl studs and underclassmen.

Edited by Jeezla

6. Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU

37. Pat Freiermuth TE Penn State

Traded Pick 70 to CLE

Received From CLE: Pick 89, Pick 110

84. Jabril Cox LB LSU

89. Quincy Roche EDGE Miami (FL)

110. Kyle Trask QB Florida

151. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford

157. Kary Vincent Jr. CB LSU

191. Alaric Jackson OT Iowa

220. Brennan Eagles WR Texas

232. Pooka Williams RB Kansas

39 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

6. Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU

37. Pat Freiermuth TE Penn State

Traded Pick 70 to CLE

Received From CLE: Pick 89, Pick 110

84. Jabril Cox LB LSU

89. Quincy Roche EDGE Miami (FL)

110. Kyle Trask QB Florida

151. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford

157. Kary Vincent Jr. CB LSU

191. Alaric Jackson OT Iowa

220. Brennan Eagles WR Texas

232. Pooka Williams RB Kansas

Was this from a Machine, or just your own projection? Either way, I'd love this.

11 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Anytime I see mocks with a RB or a TE in the 3rd round or higher I'm all the way out.

If we trade Ertz, taking a TE in the 3rd is fine.
RB they'd have to be really good and clearly the BPA, would be surprised at that.

We do need to add at least one of each.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

If we trade Ertz, taking a TE in the 3rd is fine.
RB they'd have to be really good and clearly the BPA, would be surprised at that.

We do need to add at least one of each.

I just think the needs at CB, LB, S, DE, DT, iOL, WR are so much more dire. Like with Goedert and Sanders already here I feel like we can get away with signing a cheap vet or two.  Both of those positions don't need starters for years. All of the positions I listed need starters this year or next most likely.