2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Part of the reason I don't want Surtain is his athleticism and him probably being a better fit for a team that plays more man

I think something helping his case if you knock him for maybe not having the athleticism of a Farley or Horn is how high his football IQ is already. Instincts are crucial for corners, especially in a zone heavy scheme.

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What's the furthest you guys wanna trade down if that is an option you are okay with?

For me I think its the 49ers at 12th overall.

Unless someone past that comes calling with a huge offer which would have to include a 1st next year.

I would say 12th @ Worst - But 9th @ best just to pick ahead of DAL and NYG.

The order of who i want in the 1st:

Chase , Parsons, Pitts, Smith , Sewell

Its basically Jamar Chase vs Micah Parsons for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

I think something helping his case if you knock him for maybe not having the athleticism of a Farley or Horn is how high his football IQ is already. Instincts are crucial for corners, especially in a zone heavy scheme.

Yeah I've heard on some TDN pods that Surtain is actually probably the best cover 2 zone corner in this draft. Which is what we're going to be running a lot of. It'll allow him to bully guys at the line and disrupt routes without having to carry the receiver deep with speed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I've heard on some TDN pods that Surtain is actually probably the best cover 2 zone corner in this draft. Which is what we're going to be running a lot of. It'll allow him to bully guys at the line and disrupt routes without having to carry the receiver deep with speed.

And he's smart enough to be able to jump routes crossing into his zone. He's not a bad athlete, he's just not in the elite tier of athletes.

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

PP still has his high football iq, but he's just average now that his athleticism has waned. He's probably better than average, but he's certainly not "shutdown" anymore.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

PP still has his high football iq, but he's just average now that his athleticism has waned. 

It'll be weird that we could become a wayward home for old corners now. Like if we weren't so cash strapped I could actually see Peterson coming here.
It's like the opposite of Schwartz putting guys out on islands all the time.

Guys like Mills and Rasul make way more sense in this than they did Jim's scheme.

We just gotta see if Howie will invest in drafting some safeties. McLeod, Maddox, Wallace won't be enough.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

We just gotta see if Howie will invest in drafting some safeties. McLeod, Maddox, Wallace won't be enough.

I'm sure he'll invest in a safety come draft - it will be a safety that's projected to get a tryout in the FCF that he'll take in the second round, but he will invest in the position. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I'm sure he'll invest in a safety come draft - it will be a safety that's projected to get a tryout in the FCF that he'll take in the second round, but he will invest in the position. 

Wondering if Maddox goes back or if they sign a guy like Malik Hooker to a middle loaded deal.

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It'll be weird that we could become a wayward home for old corners now. Like if we weren't so cash strapped I could actually see Peterson coming here.
It's like the opposite of Schwartz putting guys out on islands all the time.

Guys like Mills and Rasul make way more sense in this than they did Jim's scheme.

Thought we cut Rodney? We need to if we didn't. Maddox is a guy who should never start at any position. 
We need to draft Paris Ford.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

And he's smart enough to be able to jump routes crossing into his zone. He's not a bad athlete, he's just not in the elite tier of athletes.

Yup, so I'd be pretty happy with him. Although, with our new defense, I feel like it can be ran successfully with lesser talented guys. So maybe that'd be almost a luxury pick when taking account of the defense.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Thought we cut Rodney? We need to if we didn't. Maddox is a guy who should never start at any position. 
We need to draft Paris Ford.

unfortunately no we havent. Shoulda 2 years ago. but ya know lol.

*Insert Petes comment about me hating Rodney McSucks lol