Jump to content

2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Was he? I’d seen Jaycee put in that mid 1st range for awhile by scouts I thought for awhile. Him being CB1 is new though.

Prior to his pro day, Horn was usually mid/late 1st or one of the top 5 picks in the 2nd, and the concensus #3 CB. Chase, meanwhile, has been a top 10 pick since last year, and the consensus #1 at his position. They are different tiers of prospects, even if they get drafted within 5 picks of each other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Danger said:

If I'm the Bengals I'm going BPA. If Sewell is there at 5 you take him, if not, you take Chase.

I'm convinced everyone just assumes Jonah WIlliams sucks, even though he's more of an unknown than Dillard. Or they just don't remember the Bengals drafting him.
Do you take Sewell if you think Jonah Williams can play LT at a top 10-15 level? (He probably can't, but I have no idea)

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'm convinced everyone just assumes Jonah WIlliams sucks, even though he's more of an unknown than Dillard. Or they just don't remember the Bengals drafting him.
Do you take Sewell if you think Jonah Williams can play LT at a top 10-15 level?

IMO. You take Sewell, bench Williams for the time being, and in a year or two after Reiff is done there, move Williams to RT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Danger said:

IMO. You take Sewell, bench Williams for the time being, and in a year or two after Reiff is done there, move Williams to RT.

You bench the 11th overall pick from 2019? I'd move him to RG or LG if he can't play LT. Pretty sure the Bengals OG's are crap too.
And I still take Chase. And then trade for Orlando Brown (Tee Higgins and a pick?) or try to draft Radunz (I really like Radunz). 

I don't think you'd be wrong for taking Sewell, but I also don't think you'd be wrong for taking Chase or Pitts. There's multiple right answers. The only wrong answer is taking a guy who isn't a pro bowler in 2 or 3 years.
We won a SB with Vaitai at LT. The Bengals will be fine without Sewell, as long as they address the OL as a whole, like getting a stud LG and C to make things easier for Jonah at LT. The Colts don't have a great LT, yet everyone says they had the best OL in the NFL.

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You bench the 11th overall pick from 2019? I'd move him to RG or LG if he can't play LT. Pretty sure the Bengals OG's are crap too.
And I still take Chase. And then trade for Orlando Brown or try to draft Radunz (I really like Radunz).

That's valid.

If I'm looking at an OT in the 2nd for the Bengals, it's Jalen Mayfield.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's valid.

If I'm looking at an OT in the 2nd for the Bengals, it's Jalen Mayfield.

Mayfields arms are too short. He's going to be a good to very good RG, most likely. Like Scherff. Still something the Bengals could very much use, but if Radunz is there, I'm taking Radunz and his potential to play basically everything besides C over Mayfield. Or trading for Orlando Brown. Might be tough since same division though.

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Wait is this the Bengals forum? Sorry got confused for a bit there.

It's the pretend to be a GM thread. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Wait is this the Bengals forum? Sorry got confused for a bit there.

It impacts both who we pick now, and who we would've picked at 6 had we not traded down. It's certainly pertinent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade up to 9.
#12 and the 3rd from Indy should do it.
Then take Parsons or Waddle. Or DeVonta.

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

So now we're taking Jaycee Horn over Chase? A guy who was considered a late 1st until his pro day? Im glad you ain't building the eagles either. 

Cmon man. You aren’t dense. You know what I’m saying. Forget the prospects. A third good WR isn’t as important as a starting LT or CB1 or even 2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Cmon man. You aren’t dense. You know what I’m saying. Forget the prospects. A third good WR isn’t as important as a starting LT or CB1 or even 2. 

And there's ways to get a LT besides taking one #5. You sound super confident in Tee Higgins for having just 1 year of 900 yards against #2 and #3 cb's under his belt (ala J Matt). Are you taking him round 3 in fantasy? What are you expecting from Tee Higgins as the #1 WR going against #1 CB's? 1200 yards and 10 td's?

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Trade up to 9.
#12 and the 3rd from Indy should do it.
Then take Parsons or Waddle. Or DeVonta.

You don't think one of the three will be there at 12? I'm 100% certain that one will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...