2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I really don't think that matters. The divisional stuff is blown out of proportion in my opinion.

Giants have the same team needs we do on defense. They could definitely take Parsons, and I don't want that. Dallas needs a CB worse than we do. They aren't just in the same division, they will be targeting the same players if we go D.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

And there's ways to get a LT besides taking one #5. You sound super confident in Tee Higgins for having just 1 year of 900 yards against #2 and #3 cb's under his belt. Are you taking him round 3 in fantasy? 

Am I? I just said Boyd and Higgins are a solid duo. A rookie in a 900 yard campaign should get better no? You’re obviously confident in Chase. And the rest of the world is confident in Sewell. Let’s just call them both can’t miss prospects for arguments sake. And you happen to need a LT. You take the LT. Every. Damn. Time. You may be the only football mind I have regular interaction with that deems the LT as “something you can get later”. The football world has been taking LT and QBs top 3-5 for years for a reason. 

1. Jacksonville Jaguars Lawrence QB
2. New York Jets Wilson QB
3. San Francisco 49ers (from Miami Dolphins via Houston Texans) Jones QB
4. Atlanta Falcons Fields QB
5. Cincinnati Bengals Sewell LT
6. Miami Dolphins (from Philadelphia Eagles) Chase WR
7. Detroit Lions Waddle WR 
8. Carolina Panthers Lance QB
9. Denver Broncos Parsons LB
10. Dallas Cowboys Surtain CB
11. New York Giants Pitts WR
12. Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins via San Francisco 49ers) Slater? DeVonta?

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Prior to his pro day, Horn was usually mid/late 1st or one of the top 5 picks in the 2nd, and the concensus #3 CB. Chase, meanwhile, has been a top 10 pick since last year, and the consensus #1 at his position. They are different tiers of prospects, even if they get drafted within 5 picks of each other.

Might’ve missed something, yeah I agree with Chase being of a different tier from Horn. Didn’t realize that’s what you were debating.

Yeah he’s been that #3 corner for awhile, only change beyond the pro day was Farley’s injury and people growing stale on Surtain (like they do every year with guys that have been at the top for a season or two). But the 3 of them have been 1st round picks for awhile I feel like.  Horn has been like in the 15-25 range from most people I’ve seen.

Personally don’t see him as far behind as some 3rd guys are. (Is TE the biggest drop to 3rd and to 2nd?)

31 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Am I? I just said Boyd and Higgins are a solid duo. A rookie in a 900 yard campaign should get better no? You’re obviously confident in Chase. And the rest of the world is confident in Sewell. Let’s just call them both can’t miss prospects for arguments sake. And you happen to need a LT. You take the LT. Every. Damn. Time. You may be the only football mind I have regular interaction with that deems the LT as “something you can get later”. The football world has been taking LT and QBs top 3-5 for years for a reason. 

J Matt didn't. 
They might not. Depends on Jonah.
Terron Armstead. Orlando Brown. Cam Robinson. Charles Leno. Donovan Smith. Dion Dawkins. Alejandro Villanueva. Andrew WHitworth. David Bakhtiari. Mailata. Almost 1/3 of the starting LT's in the NFL last year were taken in the 2nd or later. Are you more likely to get one in the top 5? yup. Can you still get a good LT in the 2nd or later? Could the Bengals trade back into 20's and take a LT? Yup.
The football world doesn't often get the chance to pair their QB with the consensus #1 WR that helped their QB win the heisman/get drafted 1st overall in the first place. Pairing Burrow with Chase is a rare circumstance, and I would jump at it, then figure out how to land a LT, assuming Jonah can't do it.

Edited by Jeezla

Personally if I were the Bengals I’d 100% draft a weapon at 5 and then go OT in the 2nd the way the board is. If you go WR/ TE in round two it’s looks like it could be a farther drop than the OTs. However they should go with Pitts.

Smartest thing they could do though is maybe trade back a bit and get more, but they never do that.

I do this too because it’s hard for them to get free agents into Cincy and their best chance is to make an offense that guys want to be a part of.

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

I still can't bring myself to believe a team will actually draft Mac Jones in the top 5. not a chance. My guess is the Patriots at 15.

Makes me glad we have the ammo next year then, has to be smokescreen, right?

then again Daniel Jones went 6 so why be surprised 

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I still can't bring myself to believe a team will actually draft Mac Jones in the top 5. not a chance. My guess is the Patriots at 15.

I believe it. Especially the 49ers. Mac Jones is same size as Montana.
If Mitch Trubisky can go #2 over Watson and Maholmes, Mac Jones can go #3 overall, after 2 other QB's. I like Mac more than Wentz/Goff coming out.

Edited by Jeezla

38 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Personally if I were the Bengals I’d 100% draft a weapon at 5 and then go OT in the 2nd the way the board is. If you go WR/ TE in round two it’s looks like it could be a farther drop than the OTs. However they should go with Pitts.

Smartest thing they could do though is maybe trade back a bit and get more, but they never do that.

I do this too because it’s hard for them to get free agents into Cincy and their best chance is to make an offense that guys want to be a part of.

1 Chase WR
2 Leatherwood or Mayfield RG
3 Meinerz or Green C
4 Aaron Banks or David Moore or Robert Hainsey or Brady Christensen LG
5 Carson Green RT
6 Cole Van Lanen OG
7 CB
7 CB

I would love that if I was a Bengals fan. They are at least 2 or 3 years away anyways. They have the Cowboys defense with worse LB's, and a poor mans version of their offense, outside slot wr. Get a #1 WR to pair with your QB for the next 10 years, and solidy at least 3 of the 5 OL spots, maybe 4. Maybe trade a 2022 pick for Orlando Brown after the draft, solidify all 5.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Makes me glad we have the ammo next year then, has to be smokescreen, right?

then again Daniel Jones went 6 so why be surprised 

A lot of people actually called it. Just knowing Gettleman and how he ticks. I called it as soon as they were on the clock.