Jump to content

2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I believe it. Especially the 49ers. Mac Jones is same size as Montana.
If Mitch Trubisky can go #2 over Watson and Maholmes, Mac Jones can go #3 overall, after 2 other QB's. I like Mac more than Wentz/Goff coming out.

I like mac too, accuracy and touch is the key to success and he has that. He reminds me of drew Brees. I think he will thrive with the Saints or the pats. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:
2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I believe it. Especially the 49ers. Mac Jones is same size as Montana.
If Mitch Trubisky can go #2 over Watson and Maholmes, Mac Jones can go #3 overall, after 2 other QB's. I like Mac more than Wentz/Goff coming out.

I like mac too, accuracy and touch is the key to success and he has that. He reminds me of drew Brees. I think he will thrive with the Saints or the pats. 

He reminds me of good Matt Ryan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danger said:

Consider me skeptical.

You're skeptical I have Mac rated higher than Wentz/Goff? Or skeptical Mac is a good prospect?

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You're skeptical I have Mac rated higher than Wentz/Goff? Or skeptical Mac is a good prospect?

Both, but in this case I was referring to the former.

 

Not much separates mac jones from Kyle trask or Newman IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Both, but in this case I was referring to the former.

 

Not much separates mac jones from Kyle trask or Newman IMO

Wow. I think he's a far better thrower than Newman without a doubt. Both have better physical traits than Jones, but I think Jones' anticipation and touch are better than Trask and Newman too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

J Matt didn't. 
They might not. Depends on Jonah.
Terron Armstead. Orlando Brown. Cam Robinson. Charles Leno. Donovan Smith. Dion Dawkins. Alejandro Villanueva. Andrew WHitworth. David Bakhtiari. Mailata. Almost 1/3 of the starting LT's in the NFL last year were taken in the 2nd or later. Are you more likely to get one in the top 5? yup. Can you still get a good LT in the 2nd or later? Could the Bengals trade back into 20's and take a LT? Yup.
The football world doesn't often get the chance to pair their QB with the consensus #1 WR that helped their QB win the heisman/get drafted 1st overall in the first place. Pairing Burrow with Chase is a rare circumstance, and I would jump at it, then figure out how to land a LT, assuming Jonah can't do it.
 

JMatt actually did slightly improve but point stands. JMatt is an oddity though. Exception and not the rule. Guys usually don’t top out their first three years. 
 

Point is, the don’t need a WR. They need a LT. And both options will present themselves at 5 most likely. I guess we’ll see what they, as a franchise, deem more important; keeping their young, talented former 1st pick upright or give him another weapon for him to throw to.  
 

Its like you’d want Cincy, who just watched the Dalton and good/great WRs era die, sign up for 10 more years of it. I just highly doubt it and think it would be a massive mistake. Giants and Saquon situation. Barkley was a gold star prospect but what use did he bring to a mess of a franchise like the Giants? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Danger said:

A lot of people actually called it. Just knowing Gettleman and how he ticks. I called it as soon as they were on the clock.

The Manning connection sealed it in too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

JMatt actually did slightly improve but point stands. JMatt is an oddity though. Exception and not the rule. Guys usually don’t top out their first three years. 
 

Point is, the don’t need a WR. They need a LT. And both options will present themselves at 5 most likely. I guess we’ll see what they, as a franchise, deem more important; keeping their young, talented former 1st pick upright or give him another weapon for him to throw to.  
 

Its like you’d want Cincy, who just watched the Dalton and good/great WRs era die, sign up for 10 more years of it. I just highly doubt it and think it would be a massive mistake. Giants and Saquon situation. Barkley was a gold star prospect but what use did he bring to a mess of a franchise like the Giants? 

So the Giants should have drafted Darnold? That would have really changed their fortunes. At least Saquon sells jerseys.
If the Bengals don't fix their D, they'll be bad regardless. They had Andrew Whitworth during most of the Dalton era, and still stunk because they had no D.
Having Ja'Marr Chase makes Boyd and Higgins' lives easier, and the offense better. There is a big difference between how effective Tee Higgins the #1 WR and Tee Higgins The #2 WR/#3 Option, would be. If Darius Slay is on Tee Higgins, Tee Higgins ain't doing squat. If Avonte Maddox is on Tee Higgins, he might have 175 yards and 2 td's. So yea, I don't think the Bengals WR core is nearly as good as you do.

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Eagles might be the best spot for a GM next year 

Howie is here for at least 2 more years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

So the Giants should have drafted Darnold? That would have really changed their fortunes. At least Saquon sells jerseys.
If the Bengals don't fix their D, they'll be bad regardless. They had Andrew Whitworth during most of the Dalton era, and still stunk because they had no D.
Having Ja'Marr Chase makes Boyd and Higgins' lives easier, and the offense better. There is a big difference between how effective Tee Higgins the #1 WR and Tee Higgins The #2 WR/#3 Option, would be. If Darius Slay is on Tee Higgins, Tee Higgins ain't doing squat. If Avonte Maddox is on Tee Higgins, he might have 175 yards and 2 td's. So yea, I don't think the Bengals WR core is nearly as good as you do.

Yes! lol They should have taken Darnold. I bet there’s regrets that they didn’t take Chubb or Nelson at this point as well.  But yes, getting a franchise QB was way more important than getting a uber talented RB when nothing around him was decent. It actually derailed his career having the OL be so bad. Taking a luxury pick with the franchise in such disarray was dumb. 
 

I’m not saying your logic doesn’t make sense. Im saying with their glaring deficiencies, taking another WR isn’t a good move, regardless the talent. We’re clearly not going to budge from our stances and that’s fine. There’s just no way in hell am I taking a WR with a premium pick when my WRs are in good shape already. Defense is trash, OL is questionable at best. My attention would be better served focusing there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Howie is here for at least 2 more years.

We will see, if he stinks it up it’ll up another season I can see him getting fired. Lurie took a lot of heat and probably knew we were not an attractive position at all this offseason

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Yes! lol They should have taken Darnold. I bet there’s regrets that they didn’t take Chubb or Nelson at this point as well.  But yes, getting a franchise QB was way more important than getting a uber talented RB when nothing around him was decent. It actually derailed his career having the OL be so bad. Taking a luxury pick with the franchise in such disarray was dumb. 
 

I’m not saying your logic doesn’t make sense. Im saying with their glaring deficiencies, taking another WR isn’t a good move, regardless the talent. We’re clearly not going to budge from our stances and that’s fine. There’s just no way in hell am I taking a WR with a premium pick when my WRs are in good shape already. Defense is trash, OL is questionable at best. My attention would be better served focusing there. 

They should have taken Josh Allen, but they were only interested in Baker. You don't take USC QB's. Same will hold true for Slovis next year. Passing on Darnold was the right move for NYG.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Rondale moore is going to be the 4th best wideout in this draft . I want him round 2. Injuries are the reason why he’s not a first round pick.

Im pretty sure it's because he's 5'7".

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...