2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

Horn has probably moved to my CB1. Still heavily prefer DeVonta if NYG/DAL/DET/MIA all pass on him, but I might take Horn over Waddle.

Wants at #12 (assuming we stay at 12 or trade down, but not up)
1 DeVonta
2 Parsons
3 Horn
4 Waddle
5 Trade down for Zaven or JOK
6 Surtain
7 Slater
8 Trade down for Farley

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Horn has probably moved to my CB1. Still heavily prefer DeVonta if NYG/DAL/DET/MIA all pass on him, but I might take Horn over Waddle.

Wants at #12 (assuming we stay at 12 or trade down, but not up)
1 DeVonta
2 Parsons
3 Horn
4 Waddle
5 Trade down for Zaven or JOK
6 Surtain
7 Slater
8 Trade down for Farley

Loved JOKs interview mentioning being philly tough and all. When asked about playing here. Made me like him that much more

51 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Loved JOKs interview mentioning being philly tough and all. When asked about playing here. Made me like him that much more

He’s so much fun to watch fly around. I mean I highly doubt he falls to 37 but would you guys be okay trading up into the last picks of the 1st to try and secure a better player? Obviously we gotta find a partner but I’d def move up to one of the first picks of the 2nd or end of the 1st, but obviously all depends on who is falling. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not sure why any of you think Parsons is a remote possibility. That ain’t happening. Highest we take a LB is with our 2nd and that might not even happen. We could be looking at 70 or 84 for that first LB. 

The last time they picked #12, supposedly Luke Kuechly was going to be the pick if he would've been there. Could be an exception for special LB talents like those two. 

1 hour ago, EAGLES3658 said:

The last time they picked #12, supposedly Luke Kuechly was going to be the pick if he would've been there. Could be an exception for special LB talents like those two. 

The Eagles don’t value LB that highly. I don’t see them turning what was a 6th overall pick into a linebacker.

Also, there is a big difference in character between those two. I mean if the Eagles look into it and interview him and do enough vetting, then cool, but that on top of him playing a less valuable position make it extremely unlikely. I get why people want him with our history at LB, but I think he’s getting overrated at this point. You can salivate over a LB that is still pretty raw with character concerns. I’m good though. Give me guys who are dogs like DeVonta and Jaycee that are true professionals. I’ll let someone else deal with Parsons and try to reach his high ceiling. I’m good though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The Eagles don’t value LB that highly. I don’t see them turning what was a 6th overall pick into a linebacker.

Also, there is a big difference in character between those two. I mean if the Eagles look into it and interview him and do enough vetting, then cool, but that on top of him playing a less valuable position make it extremely unlikely. I get why people want him with our history at LB, but I think he’s getting overrated at this point. You can salivate over a LB that is still pretty raw with character concerns. I’m good though. Give me guys who are dogs like DeVonta and Jaycee that are true professionals. I’ll let someone else deal with Parsons and try to reach his high ceiling. I’m good though.

Gannon's been working on a defense that has had success taking LB's like Darius Leonard and Bobby Okereke successive drafts without spending a 1st round pick on them. To me, there's value at LB beyond the first for sure.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Guys that can move that fast usually always aren't as nuanced and also are usually utilized on certain routes, so I'm sure that plays a role too, but you have to be able to change speeds well in your route to really get great separation and these guys don't really do that. DeSean improved with that as his career went on. He was elite getting deep, but he improved over the years and got more and more refined route running wise.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

Gannon's been working on a defense that has had success taking LB's like Darius Leonard and Bobby Okereke successive drafts without spending a 1st round pick on them. To me, there's value at LB beyond the first for sure.

Yeah, unless we do something like trade back a decent amount near the bottom of the first I can't see us taking LB.