2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

1-12 Traded to NYJ for 1-23 and NYJ '22 1st (We now have Our own '22 1st, MIA '22 1st, NYJ '22 1st, and IND 1st or 2nd)
Ertz and '22 6th Traded to CLE for 4-110
4-123, 5-150, and 6-189 to HOU for 4-109

1-23 Terrace Marshall Jr WR 
2-37 Traded to CHI for Allen Robinson WR (Might have to sweeten the deal a bit. '22 4th?)
3-70 Kelvin Joseph CB 
3-84 Payton Turner DE
4-109 James Wiggins SS
4-110 Elerson Smith DE
6-224 Landon Young OT
6-225 Buddy Johnson LB
7-234 Brandin Echols CB
7-240 Tyler Coyle S

Who would hate it?

A-Rob-----TM Jr-----Goedert-----Reagor
Fulgham/Quez as the backups. Hightower as the emergency #6 WR.

Next year we have potentially four 1st round picks to find a QB to throw to them, and draft Derek Stingley Jr. At worst, we have three 1sts and two 2nds.

Edited by Jeezla

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Wouldn't it be easier for him to make big plays by getting a free release from the slot?

Down the field, not really. He's a guy who can get down the field and make plays over the top. He's not a guy who wins with short area quickness. He's a big body in the red zone. I think he's wasted as a chain mover, which is what he would be relegated to in the slot, IMO.

6 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I know the point you're trying to make but this is a terrible way to try to make it. 

Agreed.

Edited by Jlash

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

But most of his big plays were coming from the slot. 

You are way too fixated on height. Doesn't matter what size or skills the WR has, slot wr's get free releases 80% of the time, and free releases mean more big plays/getting open in general. Pretty simple. Do you want Tyreek/Terrace Marshall/Tyler Boyd/Ju Ju covered by Darius Slay outside? Or do you want him in slot against Avonte Maddox? Which is more likely to result in a big play?

If every guy in the slot is Maddox and every outside guy is Slay, then sure. 

44 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Down the field, not really. He's a guy who can get down the field and make plays over the top. He's not a guy who wins with short area quickness. He's a big body in the red zone. I think he's wasted as a chain mover, which is what he would be relegated to in the slot, IMO.

Agreed.

Is that what Calvin Ridley is? Is that what Ju Ju is? Is that what Ceedee is? Aiyuk? Chain movers?
They are only wasted there if our OC doesn't do anything with them.

20 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Do most teams cover the slot with their best CB?

Are most people's slot corner as bad as Maddox? That's my question. You're assuming people in the slot are automatic gimme's. This isn't little league baseball where the bum gets sent to right field. 

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Is that what Calvin Ridley is? Is that what Ju Ju is? Is that what Ceedee is? Aiyuk? Chain movers?
They are only wasted there if our OC doesn't do anything with them.

All guys who rely more on short area quickness than flat out size and speed. You're only proving my point. Marshall is a big body with good straight line speed but he isn't just beating anyone short area. He's a lot like fellow LSU alum DJ Chark. 

Juju 4.5+ 40

Ceedee 4.5 40

Aiyuk 4.5+ 40

But all excel in short area quickness. It's just not Marshall's game. Love him as a player, but love him on the outside getting down the field. 

36 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Are most people's slot corner as bad as Maddox? That's my question. You're assuming people in the slot are automatic gimme's. This isn't little league baseball where the bum gets sent to right field. 

All guys who rely more on short area quickness than flat out size and speed. You're only proving my point. Marshall is a big body with good straight line speed but he isn't just beating anyone short area. He's a lot like fellow LSU alum DJ Chark. 

Juju 4.5+ 40

Ceedee 4.5 40

Aiyuk 4.5+ 40

But all excel in short area quickness. It's just not Marshall's game. Love him as a player, but love him on the outside getting down the field. 

Where did I do that? I'm assuming people in the slot have an easier time, but nothing is a gimme.

marshall is kinda tall, but he's not a "big body". He's like the same weight as Maclin. I completely disagree with you about TM Jr being able to beat people in the short area, and I don't see the Chark comp at all besides size and 40 yard dash.

10 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

I really hope Devonta Smith falls down to you guys. I really see big things for him and I think his potential will be realized in Philly. I like Reagor also, a lot of ppl don’t think to highly of him but that boy can adjust to the deep ball really well and wins his battles off of routes and not Uber athleticism. Hope him and smith can be a dangerous tandem 

He's not, but Waddle probably will.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Where did I do that? I'm assuming people in the slot have an easier time, but nothing is a gimme.

marshall is kinda tall, but he's not a "big body". He's like the same weight as Maclin. I completely disagree with you about TM Jr being able to beat people in the short area, and I don't see the Chark comp at all besides size and 40 yard dash.

C'mon man why are we playing peek a boo now? 

"Do you want your guy to go against Maddox in the slot or Slay on the outside??" THATS a gimme.

You're right, aside from height/weight/speed, both's lack of testing in short area quickness, usage in the college game there is literally nothing similar about the two. Crazy me. 

We agree on his talent, just not where it's best used.

Edited by Jlash

32 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

With our scouting staff it won't matter which one falls, it will be the wrong choice inevitably. 🍺

I think WR in round 1 is unlikely, even if both are there. It will be CB or trenches. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I think WR in round 1 is unlikely, even if both are there. It will be CB or trenches. 

I wouldn’t mind an edge if we can trade down and somehow be able to land Collins too. I’m hoping somehow Howie can land Collins and/or Bateman however the draft turns out.