2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Just now, Scalamania said:

In two short weeks most of us will be waking up hungover, @Broadway Joe will need a new TV and someone here will be trying to tell the majority of us that the 23 year old rookie, with limited production was a good pick because he's an athletic freak. 

200.gif

Actually a limited athlete with a productive college career based on effort/motor is more our type of pick.

I feel like a joke for getting interested in the draft, reading about prospects just for the Eagles to completely blow each round of the draft. How can they be so bad at this? If us on the internet can evaluate talent better than them without the infrastructure they have at their disposal. 

25 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Actually a limited athlete with a productive college career based on effort/motor is more our type of pick.

I feel like a joke for getting interested in the draft, reading about prospects just for the Eagles to completely blow each round of the draft. How can they be so bad at this? If us on the internet can evaluate talent better than them without the infrastructure they have at their disposal. 

A yearly disappointment. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I may break my TV if we go OL/DL in the 1st round. Unless Sewell miraculously falls, but still...

If Waddle, Smith, Horn and Surtain are all gone, I wouldn't hate Slater at all. 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Howie.gif

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If Waddle, Smith, Horn and Surtain are all gone, I wouldn't hate Slater at all. 

Absolutely would despise Slater - or any offensive lineman outside of Sewell. 

6 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I may break my TV if we go OL/DL in the 1st round. Unless Sewell miraculously falls, but still...

**** it... trade down to the backend of the first and collect another first next year and another pick or two. Then we’ll have traded a 6th overall pick for like a 3 first round picks, moving up a round from 4 to 3 and probably another 2nd and 3rd next year or something. Take Paye, Phillips, Newsome, Stokes, whoever you like there.

Honestly though Surtain and Horn are cool, but I really was looking forward to getting a weapon. Hopefully we trade up or someone falls. Knowing us we would have someone on the board and pass anyways.

Trade way down for another 1st next year. Take Zaven Collins. Dude was valedictorian of his HS. He can be the QB of our D for the next 10 years.

We just gotta make sure Howie is fired before those '22 1sts get turned into fringe starters.

Edited by Jeezla
12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Trade way down for another 1st next year. Take Zaven Collins. Dude was valedictorian of his HS. He can be the QB of our D for the next 10 years.

We just gotta make sure Howie is fired before those '22 1sts get turned into fringe starters.

I was kinda joking but I wouldn’t mind it in all honesty. I feel like the fan base would go berserk though. They talked themselves into Pitts/Chase and now Smith/Waddle/Surtain/Horn. There would be so much Howie hate.

Apparently according to MathBomb who does RAS all the Houston 3 cones  were like all time high. But, even if he is like a 6.8-7.0 that is amazing for his build. Also, 35.5” arms doing 23 on the bench is pretty impressive too.

19 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

**** it... trade down to the backend of the first and collect another first next year and another pick or two. Then we’ll have traded a 6th overall pick for like a 3 first round picks, moving up a round from 4 to 3 and probably another 2nd and 3rd next year or something. Take Paye, Phillips, Newsome, Stokes, whoever you like there.

I am all about this. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Apparently according to MathBomb who does RAS all the Houston 3 cones  were like all time high. But, even if he is like a 6.8-7.0 that is amazing for his build. Also, 35.5” arms doing 23 on the bench is pretty impressive too.

My guy - love him in the 3rd. 

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Much better #'s than Jordan Smith, who I thought looked a little more athletic at the SB, but I guess not.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I was kinda joking but I wouldn’t mind it in all honesty. I feel like the fan base would go berserk though. They talked themselves into Pitts/Chase and now Smith/Waddle/Surtain/Horn. There would be so much Howie hate.

Woopty do, I'll be too busy ordering my Zaven jersey to care.
There already is, and just taking a guy we like in the 1st this year shouldn't change that. F Howie, even if he gets the pick right, because I know he'll screw up the 2nd and 3rd rounders.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1