2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

It's arguable it's good value. Creed only makes sense for ZBS teams, and he's limited to purely C. He's techinicaly very sound, and a good athlete, but he doesn't exactly dominate people either. He's the #1 C, but that's because Dickerson has serious medical red flags, and it's a generally weak C class, with maybe only 5 or 6 draftable C's. 8 tops. We aren't exactly in a position to red-shirt guys for a year, while we wait for Kelce to retire either. Our 2nd should be a guy who starts this year, and Creed at LG would be a waste of his talents.

I can't say I've even given Creed much more than a casual glance. Mostly because of the same thing you said. We are devoid of starting caliber players in so many positions and worst case you can shift Isaac over next year as a bridge.
Feels like splurging...it isn't a dumb splurge like taking a RB at #37 or something...but a bit rich to me considering the shambles Howie has some of positions on this team. I also believe you gotta lean into your coaching strengths. You have one coach still here (Peele and Duce were the others who are now gone) that consistently has developed players the last bunch of years, and that's Stout. He turned a damn Aussie Rugby player into a promising young LT prospect. If i'm willing to gamble on development anywhere it's probably OL on this team. Trust Stoutland that much.

I'm fine redshirting a 5th rounder or later, but yeah gotta limit the amount of projects. Fine with taking some raw guys, but they're gonna need to figure things out on the field this year.

In conclusion, how dare you take a center @Danger...what were you thinking?!? 
You probably love this draft you sick freak

NNUQx0f.png

Real talk though. I think we've overall been spoiled the last decade by finding a borderline Hall of Fame caliber Center in the 5th round and just not having to think about the position aside from after one down year. I really don't think we can just expect to continue having premier O-Line play by relying on that to happen again. That said, we got Stout so that's a relief.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Real talk though. I think we've overall been spoiled the last decade by finding a borderline Hall of Fame caliber Center in the 5th round and just not having to think about the position aside from after one down year. I really don't think we can just expect to continue having premier O-Line play by relying on that to happen again. That said, we got Stout so that's a relief.

Kelce was a 6th round pick. Be better.

12. Jaycee Horn CB, South Carolina
Terrace Marshall Jr. WR, LSU
Richie Grant S, UCF
Ifeatu Melifonwu CB, Syracuse
Ar'Darius Washington S, TCU
Derrick Barnes LB, Purdue
Elerson Smith EDGE, Northern Iowa
Zech McPhearson CB, Texas Tech
Divine Deablo S, Virginia Tech

(I edited this)

Decided to look at where the starting centers come from, went with last year's group plus or minus a guys who are being moved or benched.

lU64Cnd.png

zoom to enhance

If you go off this year, which would take the Pouncey's out since they both retired, it drops to an average of Round 4.366 and Pick 137.966.

So Kelce at 191 was 61 picks under the average value. somewhere between Cody Whitehair at pick 56 and Cushenberry at 83 is the swing the other way which would be 69 (an early 3rd and one spot before we pick this year). So if you aren't pick future Kelce between 69 & 191...why bother (I guess...I don't really have a point there except that almost 2/3rds of the league's starting Centers were not taken before that mark)

I thought it was interesting that more than half the starting centers were not with that team that drafted them. Half were fourth round or later. Only one less UDFA starter than 1st round starters last year, now it's one more.

Some weirdness with comp picks...I probably could be more accurate by halving the rounds but this is already more effort than I've put into anything for years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

neil degrasse tyson we got a badass over here GIF

When was Brian Rolle drafted?

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

3 safeties and 3 corners? God damn lmao

Hell yes...our corner room is that awful. I was gonna try and get an interior lineman on day 3 but missed my chance at guys I wanted and wasn’t gonna trade up for one or force a pick. We have one corner I’m confident is worth a damn and that’s Slay.

Washington and McPhearson would be slot options. Ar’Darius can play as a split zone safety too, but he would have a quicker time seeing the field as a rookie in the slot. McPhearson has inside/outside versatility. Melifonwu and Horn would hopefully be the outside guys of the future. I see Deablo kinda as a possible poor mans JOK in the sense you would use him as like a small linebacker/big safety. A positionless type player which is the direction the league is heading right now. I probably went a little over board. But, I think we should at least spend 4 of our picks on the secondary. You have to remember McLeod and Harris are older and one is coming off a season ending injury and both are free agents after this season. Avonte Maddox is one too. Slay could be gone after next season if his play slips snd he didn’t have the greatest season last year but I’m not gonna put that all on him. I’m just saying though. Our corner situation is dire. I also don’t trust us to hit on a safety or corner so I picked as many as I felt were the BPA when I was picking.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy