2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

As for the trade market, the Eagles are exploring a move into the top 10 despite having just dropped from No. 6 to No. 12. Having acquired a first-round pick in 2022 from the Dolphins, the Eagles could move up and still net more assets.

That said, despite significant love from media analysts, teams view Smith as the third wide receiver behind Chase and Jaylen Waddle, Smith’s Alabama teammate. The higher they go off the board — and Waddle could go first — the better for Smith. The Giants could snag Smith at No. 11. So could the Eagles one pick later or the Patriots at No. 15.

• Detroit traded Stafford to the Rams in January for quarterback Jared Goff, two future first-round selections and a third-round pick this year, but one senior executive said the Lions are looking for another deal and trying to move down from No. 7.

https://theathletic.com/2519615/2021/04/16/2021-nfl-draft-patriots-trading-up-mac-jones-at-no-3-lions-still-dealing-execs-sound-off/?source=emp-shared-article

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Good good... get Pitts or Chase if they fall out of the top 6!

Watch us trade up for a corner 

I still think Cinci takes Chase and MIA takes Pitts at 6, but that should guarantee us having the option to take DeVonta. 

It's a CB until Howie proves us wrong.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I still think Cinci takes Chase and MIA takes Pitts at 6, but that should guarantee us having the option to take DeVonta. 

Agreed on the last point. I'm not gonna assume anything. Only thing I think that is a lock is the first two picks. There is a good chance both get taken at those spots though. I'm gonna keep hope alive until they are off the board lol.

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Agreed on the last point. I'm not gonna assume anything. Only thing I think that is a lock is the first two picks. There is a good chance both get taken at those spots though. I'm gonna keep hope alive until they are off the board lol.

MIA taking a WR at 6 is pretty much a lock.

The Lions need a WR as much as we do, so I could see them taking DeVonta, but hopefully they take Waddle or trade down. Jared Goff is going to have a terrible season.

Edited by Jeezla

31 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Depends on what ATL does at 4. That is a real pivot point in the draft.

If ATL trades out or takes a QB, then what you outlined probably happens. If ATL takes Pitts and the Bengals take Chase, do either MIA or DET decide to just go BPA and take Sewell or does Waddle and Smith go right there? 

If any one of the 4 of Waddle, Smith, Surtain or Horn make it to 12 then that is a win. Slater is the all things go wrong option

(but knowing Howie he'll be dumb and take Barmore or Paye or the 15th ranked CB/WR or something) 

I just don't see us moving back up cause the guys we would be targeting are going to be picked before 8/9. Due diligence is good, but it doesn't seem realistic. The only question I have is, assuming ATL stays at 4, what is Trey Lance's floor? Does Carolina spend a pick on a QB at 8 after giving up all those picks for Darnold? I definitely do not see him making it past 9. Could Howie be looking at swooping in and taking a QB while keeping the three first rounders next year? I could see it...

44 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If any one of the 4 of Waddle, Smith, Surtain or Horn make it to 12 then that is a win. Slater is the all things go wrong option

This is the scary part of being at 12. What if Slater and Sewell free fall and we are stuck without a premier CB/WR? I would have to think trading back would be the best option at that point and targeting someone like Farley(who I still really like and his injury seems to be healing nicely from what I have heard) later in the first would be the play.

35 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Please no

Fricken Hurts is gonna screw us out of DeVonta because he said he prefers Waddle in an interview. Don't want us trading up to 7. 9 is as high as we should go.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Depends on what ATL does at 4. That is a real pivot point in the draft.

If ATL trades out or takes a QB, then what you outlined probably happens. If ATL takes Pitts and the Bengals take Chase, do either MIA or DET decide to just go BPA and take Sewell or does Waddle and Smith go right there? 

(but knowing Howie he'll be dumb and take Barmore or Paye or the 15th ranked CB/WR or something) 

I can't see Atlanta taking Pitts or Chase. If they stay, it's gotta be a QB or Sewell. I think they trade out of the pick as soon as it's known the 49ers prefer Fields over Mac, or they stay and take Sewell.

Edited by Jeezla

Trade up to 7: Chase
Trade up to 9: DeVonta/Pitts
Take at 12: Horn/Surtain/Waddle/Lance
Smaller Trade down (2-5 picks): Parsons/Farley 
Medium Trade down (6-10 picks): Zaven/JOK
Bigger Trade down (11+ picks): Marshall Jr/Bateman/Newsome II/Phillips
2nd round pick: E Moore/Melifonwu/Oweh/Etienne/D Mills/Toney/P Turner/Ossai/Tryon

Edited by Jeezla