2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

I've been thinking this since I listened to the Birds With Friends episode, but my gut at the moment (which means nothing) says that we are thinking about moving ahead of Dallas for one of the corners. 

I bet we also have Waddle > Smith on our draft board.

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Trade up to 7: Chase
Trade up to 9: DeVonta/Pitts
Take at 12: Horn/Surtain/Waddle/Lance

I'd also be cool with Slater or Sewell and I don't think we are going QB round 1. I wouldn't mind it. If we took a QB I wouldn't be mad at it, but it sounded from reports like Wilson was there guy.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Another reason I want us to possibly trade up is I'm worried about us making a reach at 12. 

I don't think we would trade up for some random player not projected to go in the top 10 or so. We aren't gonna pull something like the Raiders drafting Ferrell at 4th overall. We did take Marcus Smith, but most of the time we take first rounders where they were projected to go. We don't pull a Seahawks.

So if you are telling me I can trade in front of our division rivals if it doesn't cost more than we gave to get back, then I'm cool with them taking one of those top players. I feel like there shouldn't be a way we don't come out of this with a good player, but knowing the Eagles we probably will.

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I've been thinking this since I listened to the Birds With Friends episode, but my gut at the moment (which means nothing) says that we are thinking about moving ahead of Dallas for one of the corners. 

I bet we also have Waddle > Smith on our draft board.

Possible, I just think it’s to secure one of those offensive weapons. Cause Dallas will 100% be willing to throw any sense away and draft Pitts, and Giants & WR make a lot of sense.

The way the board looks there will be good corners at #37, pass catchers you can hit a bit of a lull depending how things go. Doing mocks you’re often left with Toney. 

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

hXScvVX.png

The draft falls like this.... who do YOU take at 12?

Only rule is Parsons (LB + character concerns) and Smith (size/no testing/analytics reasoning) are not on the Eagles board.

Like worst case scenario if they wouldn’t have them on the board.

Considering Max Jones is there I’m 100% looking to move it to the Pats or Bears. Maybe even the Steelers.

But if you cut the phone line to other teams and we gotta make a pick... I guess you could go Newsome or Farley (if the medical checked out).

Or perhaps you bet on someone who’s the most freaky, someone you think has their greatest football in front of him like Oweh. Similar to like JPP. You have the time to develop him further and he has the tools to be great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

The sooner we realize Wallace is a Nickel the better off we´d all be.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing. I wonder how he fits into Gannon's scheme as a safety. Maddox is a FA after this year, so if we switch him to nickel, he could take over for Avonte.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Break this cluster for me. Who do you like the best for the Eagles of these 3 LB's.  Cox, Browning and Bolton? 

I'm a ceiling guy, so Browning.
Cox just turned 23 and is too weak vs the run for my liking. He's good in coverage for a LB, but I'd way rather just have a safety that can tackle out there on 3rd down.
Bolton is steady in all facets, but not great in any area, and not the most agile dude, which means he'll probably be a liability on passing downs. He's only 21, but I think he's the most stiff-hipped of the group. I wanna say he's a poor mans Jordan Hicks. Best position will prob be WLB.
Browning, imo, is a more athletic/loose-hipped Nigel Bradham with some pass rush versatility. Take him and hope his instincts develop/get coached up. Best position is SAM.

Would you take Jamin Davis with our 2nd?

Edited by Jeezla