2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

5 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

The sooner we realize Wallace is a Nickel the better off we´d all be.

We don't know what the heck he is because he's only plyed like 30 snaps in a Gym Shortz scheme. I certainly wasn't his biggest fan coming out, and not expecting much from him.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

I'd take James Wiggins and Tyree Gillespie over K'von Wallace as prospects.
Wallace struck me as a guy who's ceiling was Quentin Mikell-esque coming into his draft. A starter, but a low end starter that you hope gets upgraded.
Wiggins/Gillespie have average to above-average starter potential, I think.
I'm assuming we'll use our SS like Minny uses Harrison Smith.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Break this cluster for me. Who do you like the best for the Eagles of these 3 LB's.  Cox, Browning and Bolton? 

I think I’d go Bolton → Browning → Cox

I’d take Bolton somewhere in the 2nd. Browning and Cox are probably more round 3. Cox would be great in coverage but his run defense brings him down. Browning might have the most upside, but don’t think he is where Bolton is at as far as processing. He’ll probably need more time to develop and idk about our LB coach and us developing the position. I’d rather take less of a risk at LB if we are gonna spend a higher pick on it (first 2 days).

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Possible, I just think it’s to secure one of those offensive weapons. Cause Dallas will 100% be willing to throw any sense away and draft Pitts, and Giants & WR make a lot of sense.

The way the board looks there will be good corners at #37, pass catchers you can hit a bit of a lull depending how things go. Doing mocks you’re often left with Toney. 

I don’t think Pitts makes it past 6 at worst, but I would love to have him. The league is also higher on Waddle. Most likely Smith is who might be there at 12. Think good chance both corners go top 10.

And yeah.... I ain’t taking Toney at 37. Nope. Do not like that.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Who would you cowards take?

Why is Smith not on our board... lol. He is the obvious pick here.

You obviously look to trade back if that is the case though. If you can't you probably just take Farley. If you want to make Pete commit self harm you take Paye. If you are looking at BPA you take Vera-Tucker.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You obviously look to trade back if that is the case though. If you can't you probably just take Farley. If you want to make Pete commit self harm you take Paye. If you are looking at BPA you take Vera-Tucker.

He’s accounting for Howie’s terrible decision making 

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Would you take Jamin Davis with our 2nd?

Depends who is on the board, but I think he’s worth an early 2nd or so. Not sure we will burn a pick on LB till round 3 though. I’ll believe we burn a first or second on a LB/S when I see it. 

12 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don’t think there is any chance we’ll take Parsons and I’m pretty skeptical we’ll take Smith despite the game tape.

So, yeah I’m with you and @Kiltmanwith the trade down if we won’t take Smith in that scenario. I think pass rusher is one of the 3 most valuable positions and I like Paye/Phillips, but not when we were once picking 6th. When I see Phillips and Paye go to a team like say the Browns at 26, then I think it’s an amazing pick, but at 12? Nah. I think both can be tremendous players, especially Phillips if he can stay healthy. Paye is more of a projection as a pass rusher. Still like him a lot though. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don’t think Pitts makes it past 6 at worst, but I would love to have him. The league is also higher on Waddle. Most likely Smith is who might be there at 12. Think good chance both corners go top 10.

And yeah.... I ain’t taking Toney at 37. Nope. Do not like that.

Probably not, even then I’d imagine the Panthers (or Bengals if the made a rare trade down?) would take him at #8. Or us or the Chargers would move up for him.

I agree there is a real shot the two corners are gone.

I don’t hate Toney, gives you something a little different. But yeahhh not going to be super jazzed about it unless the new staff really like The Month of Fulgham they saw on tape and think he can be that dude.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don’t think there is any chance we’ll take Parsons and I’m pretty skeptical we’ll take Smith despite the game tape.

So, yeah I’m with you and @Kiltmanwith the trade down if we won’t take Smith in that scenario. I think pass rusher is one of the 3 most valuable positions and I like Paye/Phillips, but not when we were once picking 6th. When I see Phillips and Paye go to a team like say the Browns at 26, then I think it’s an amazing pick, but at 12? Nah. I think both can be tremendous players, especially Phillips if he can stay healthy. Paye is more of a projection as a pass rusher. Still like him a lot though. 

It's hard for me to ever justify taking Phillips with his medical history and him saying publicly his motivation to play football isn't great. If they do the homework and know for sure he is gunna be good to go then sure, take the risk. The talent is out of this world on the kid, but everything else terrifies me.