2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Probably not, even then I’d imagine the Panthers (or Bengals if the made a rare trade down?) would take him at #8. Or us or the Chargers would move up for him.

I agree there is a real shot the two corners are gone.

I don’t hate Toney, gives you something a little different. But yeahhh not going to be super jazzed about it unless the new staff really like The Month of Fulgham they saw on tape and think he can be that dude.

Toney is not my cup of tea. Older prospect. Not a lot of production. He’s not a guy I think I would try outside. He’s had several shoulder injuries throughout his college career. He doesn’t have great hands. He does way too much running routes and will need to be schemed open and used on gadgety stuff. He’s fun when you can scheme stuff for him and get the ball into his hands in the open field. He’s very good after the catch. Maybe he can develop and become a Curtis Samuel, but I wouldn’t touch him till the 3rd round. Let someone else burn a late first to early second on him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah if we passed on Smith then took Toney in the second just throw me onto the freeway.

Pass on Smith for Waddle, Horn or Surtain. Perfectly fine for Slater or Farley I’m not thrilled but understand. Anyone else. Shoot me in the throat 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It's hard for me to ever justify taking Phillips with his medical history and him saying publicly his motivation to play football isn't great. If they do the homework and know for sure he is gunna be good to go then sure, take the risk. The talent is out of this world on the kid, but everything else terrifies me.

Phillips never wanted to stop playing football from what I know. UCLA has a rule that forced him to medically retire due to getting a third concussion. After he had football taken away he went to a LA city college to study music engineering and wanted to be a rapper/producer. He’s supposed to be really smart. The concussions obviously are real though. I hope he has a long career cause he’s fun to watch. Pairing him and Garrett together would be nasty. Clowney is on a one year deal and so is Takk. If he stays healthy I can def see him cracking nfl top 100 lists. If there was no injury history he would go top 15 for sure and maybe top 10.

On Jalen Phillips:

There's no medical history," Mora said. "That's not an accurate assessment. There were things that went on after I left UCLA with Jalen that I don't think are accurately reported or accurately documented. People talk about a concussion history. I think like a lot of players, he may have had a concussion, maybe two — and I don't ever want to downplay those — but there were other factors at play that led to him leaving UCLA.

"I think was a great move for him. I have a tremendous relationship with him. I can tell you this without hesitation, without even the slightest hesitation, if I have an opportunity to draft Jaelan Phillips, I would want him on my team."

Phillips is projected as a likely first-round pick and based on potential alone he just might be the best prospect among the edge defenders in this draft.

But More likes his intangibles just as much.

"I’d want him in the locker room with the men around him," Mora said. "He's a leader. He's got great energy. He's a tremendous person. He comes from a great background. His family is supportive but they're not overwhelming. They're there for him. He's been through the fires; he's come out the other side a better man. He understands life and he's extremely motivated, and that has nothing to do with the amazing talent that he brings to your team.”

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Little less than two weeks until we get to those 2022 Mock draft machines, psyched. They better give us that Colts' 1st.

It'll be the 2nd until the conditions are filled. But I'll pencil in the colts pick in the first for my own purposes.

Just now, Danger said:

It'll be the 2nd until the conditions are filled. But I'll pencil in the colts pick in the first for my own purposes.

Yeah as long as Wentz is playing I'll just trade future firsts for the Colts pick and trade their 2nd back to them for mocks purposes throughout the college/nfl season.

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

Devonta Smith, or Micah Parsons

Yes, I read.

200.gif

26 minutes ago, Danger said:
30 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Little less than two weeks until we get to those 2022 Mock draft machines, psyched. They better give us that Colts' 1st.

23rd overall sounds about right for the Colts pick. That's my official prediction.

Edited by Jeezla

17 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

hXScvVX.png

The draft falls like this.... who do YOU take at 12?

Only rule is Parsons (LB + character concerns) and Smith (size/no testing/analytics reasoning) are not on the Eagles board.

Benjamin Solak's latest mock draft has it playing out with the same players going off the board except for Parsons instead of Slater.

He has us passing on Slater who goes 1 pick later and Smith who goes to the Cardinals 4 picks later.

And with the 12th pick we take....

Eagles

Kwity Paye

EDGE, Michigan

The Eagles have long been investors in the trenches under Howie Roseman, and if they’re unable to get a trade back up into the top 10, they are nicely in the EDGE territory in this draft. Brandon Graham is 33 years old, Derek Barnett is just a solid player at EDGE2 and approaching a contract year, and Josh Sweat—the exciting developmental EDGE3—has injury concerns.

EDGE is not strong in Philadelphia—so bring in an athletic ironman in Paye. Paye has a similarly dense build and aggressive run defense to Graham, who was another Michigan EDGE, Roseman draft pick, and nearly 10-year player for the Eagles. He doesn’t deliver huge sack numbers, which is the problem with Graham, but the Eagles seem OK with low-sack, high-pressure players.

Thoughts?

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

32 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Benjamin Solak's latest mock draft has it playing out with the same players going off the board except for Parsons instead of Slater.

He has us passing on Slater who goes 1 pick later and Smith who goes to the Cardinals 4 picks later.

And with the 12th pick we take....

Thoughts?

Really dumb. Solak trying to be smart. I like him but he tries to be smartest guy in the room sometimes. I'd be absolutely floored. Possibly more than when we took Hurts last year.

58 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Really dumb. Solak trying to be smart. I like him but he tries to be smartest guy in the room sometimes. I'd be absolutely floored. Possibly more than when we took Hurts last year.

I think he's just trying to read Howie, it's 100% a Howie move and Lurie would sign off on that too.

My hope is if Paye is our 1st rounder we moved back first. Like if we pick at #20 and take Paye, but we got the Bears' 2022 1st or their 2nd it becomes a different thing to stomach. It'll be frustrating because it's them being safe and taking the higher floor / lower ceiling edge player who will never get high sack numbers yet again. 

At least Paye is a little bigger. I think this would be a good situation for him to go to. He'd get to learn from BG, which the two are a lot alike coming out. BG would help him skip forward hopefully to the good BG years and not have that rough start as he learns how to use his power and motor at a slightly smaller size than ideal DEs. Once Paye learns some of that stuff he's good to go for a Ring of Honor type career potentially like BG has had. Which at this point maybe Howie is fine just making par. He can't miss this year or it's gonna get real loud, real quick.

• Like 1