2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

30 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think he's just trying to read Howie, it's 100% a Howie move and Lurie would sign off on that too.

My hope is if Paye is our 1st rounder we moved back first. Like if we pick at #20 and take Paye, but we got the Bears' 2022 1st or their 2nd it becomes a different thing to stomach. It'll be frustrating because it's them being safe and taking the higher floor / lower ceiling edge player who will never get high sack numbers yet again. 

At least Paye is a little bigger. I think this would be a good situation for him to go to. He'd get to learn from BG, which the two are a lot alike coming out. BG would help him skip forward hopefully to the good BG years and not have that rough start as he learns how to use his power and motor at a slightly smaller size than ideal DEs. Once Paye learns some of that stuff he's good to go for a Ring of Honor type career potentially like BG has had. Which at this point maybe Howie is fine just making par. He can't miss this year or it's gonna get real loud, real quick.

Def trying to read Howie, but idk I just feel like everybody is saying Paye will be the pick now and that it's such an easy Howie read. That now it won't happen bc it's so obvious. And I'm very against trading down, but if it were to late teens or early twenties I'd be okay with him, but still not happy. Sounds like you're already trying to convince yourself that he's a good pick lol

It'll be hilarious if we take Paye, like almost 150 pages, countless mocks and we take the guy most of us knew Howie would take for a year. Like even when we were picking at #6, we were joking Howie would find a way to get him.

How far off do you think this draft is from Howie's dream draft? I went Moore over Toney because being an SEC WR is a negative in the building.

nY5e8yn.png

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Def trying to read Howie, but idk I just feel like everybody is saying Paye will be the pick now and that it's such an easy Howie read. That now it won't happen bc it's so obvious. And I'm very against trading down, but if it were to late teens or early twenties I'd be okay with him, but still not happy. Sounds like you're already trying to convince yourself that he's a good pick lol

Howie hasn't really ever been hard to read round one.

I think the times he makes a surprise pick is when a guy falls. Like Barnett and Dillard. Even then they are very much his type of dudes.

They are mainly safer guys at positions of value or a falling guy they clearly didn't do enough homework on at a position they value and need (Barnett, Nelly, Dillard), or a reach because they left a position so devoid of talent (Fireman Danny, Marcus Smith, Reagor). Cox was his greatest 1st round pick, because he actually had potential to grow on top of being a good base prospect. It'd be like taking Oweh this year if he had kinda ok sack numbers.

If we trade down into the 20s I’m convinced he’s punting this year. That would mean we probably picked up another 1st next year and Howie is just waiting until 2022 to own all the 1st rounders and buy another year from Jeff. Another year of old vets coming off the books or being released/traded and we’ll have $100M to spend in FA with 4 1st rounders to boot. Gotta admit, that sounds fun but also Howie at the helm is just scaring the ish out of me at this point. You give any GM $100M and 4 1st rounders and he’s got to succeed even if he’s a putz...right? 

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

If we trade down into the 20s I’m convinced he’s punting this year. That would mean we probably picked up another 1st next year and Howie is just waiting until 2022 to own all the 1st rounders and buy another year from Jeff. Another year of old vets coming off the books or being released/traded and we’ll have $100M to spend in FA with 4 1st rounders to boot. Gotta admit, that sounds fun but also Howie at the helm is just scaring the ish out of me at this point. You give any GM $100M and 4 1st rounders and he’s got to succeed even if he’s a putz...right? 

Wonder who would be the get for next year to even spend that much.

Like I have to assume that sort of pick stockpile is to have ammo to trade for Rodgers, Wilson or Watson and still have picks left over. With the bonus of also being able to move up for a younger guy if need be. So you’d need a chunk to take on that salary.

Allen Robinson and Chris Godwin stand out. Especially if we don’t go WR in the 1st. ARob will be 28 and Godwin will be 26.

If they trade for a QB and are trying to make a run, there are guys around 30 like an Anthony Barr that could come in and be an upgrade.

9 minutes ago, eagles26 said:

Where'd this notion that Howie loves Florida guys come from? He's drafted like two guys from UF 

It's just an excuse to dislike him. You don't really need an excuse to hate him. If you hate him, just do it.