2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Who ya thinking?

Horn might get a bump, Surtain not so much. Horn comes off with that Jalen Ramsey type of energy, read on Surtain is he's a little more centered.

They could stupidly hold it against guys that opted out last year.

There are always those reports that X guy doesn't really love football, like I think someone said that about Micah Parsons this year. If they got that vibe at all they could just take them off entirely.

It's hard to really tell without seeing them behind the scenes.

Because it's not always even a loud vs quiet thing. Like Smith is a very serious straight forward dude, who seems to really just want to play and be the best. So if they are recognizing those types of competitors too, I think we'll be in a good spot. 

14 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Horn might get a bump, Surtain not so much. Horn comes off with that Jalen Ramsey type of energy, read on Surtain is he's a little more centered.

They could stupidly hold it against guys that opted out last year.

There are always those reports that X guy doesn't really love football, like I think someone said that about Micah Parsons this year. If they got that vibe at all they could just take them off entirely.

It's hard to really tell without seeing them behind the scenes.

Because it's not always even a loud vs quiet thing. Like Smith is a very serious straight forward dude, who seems to really just want to play and be the best. So if they are recognizing those types of competitors too, I think we'll be in a good spot. 

Smith is more of a Risk guy, I not sure.....

This doesn't surprise me at all and I don't mind it. I don't think we are going into this targeting Slater as the #1 target, but it sounds like from what Caplan is saying is he's a definite option if our guys get wiped out at corner/receiver.

Slater is a damn good prospect and could be impactful from his rookie year. We haven't had that in a long while, so to get it from whoever we draft at 12 would be great. I think he could have all 5 position versatility. Just plug him in somewhere. If he was next to Mailata they would body dudes. Also, Caplan seemed pretty sure Kelce is probably retiring which also makes sense. I don't know how long Lane or Brandon are gonna be here either.

Offensive line wouldn't be a bad pick by any means, but I feel like after being at 6 and in range for Pitts or Chase a lot of Eagles fans will hate it.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This doesn't surprise me at all and I don't mind it. I don't think we are going into this targeting Slater as the #1 target, but it sounds like from what Caplan is saying is he's a definite option if our guys get wiped out at corner/receiver.

Slater is a damn good prospect and could be impactful from his rookie year. We haven't had that in a long while, so to get it from whoever we draft at 12 would be great. I think he could have all 5 position versatility. Just plug him in somewhere. If he was next to Mailata they would body dudes. Also, Caplan seemed pretty sure Kelce is probably retiring which also makes sense. I don't know how long Lane or Brandon are gonna be here either.

Offensive line wouldn't be a bad pick by any means, but I feel like after being at 6 and in range for Pitts or Chase a lot of Eagles fans will hate it.

Interesting tidbit, we are gonna suck so if a contender wants to throw a decent pick or something for him I get it.

I could see Slater as their like worst case scenario at #12 and being fine with it. Also it'd make sense if he's falling past #8 to get that out there to get a team like the Chargers or someone to move up.

A little rich for a guard with so many other issues on the team, but I get it.

People would be furious, especially if like Dallas moves up to get Pitts. Giants take the last of the three WRs. 

On a related note, I can't remember which episode it was. But one of the recent ones I found both Caplan and Mosher to seem a little more out of touch than usual. IDK it was weird. 

To go into that ^^^ idea

TFXIS80.png

^^^ that's what's happening in front of us.

What do you do?
(Only rule: No one is moving up for Mac, I think we all would be fine with moving back)

Here's a big board for you.

QSRJOp9.png
ZnDjUNV.png

kinda sucks and makes me mad at Howie for doing the trade. Considering he probably could've moved back from 6 to 8/9 and gotten picks while keeping his options open. If Mac goes top 11, along with those other QBs it'll be fine. But we could get blocked out and have to take an olineman pretty easily.

39 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

On a related note, I can't remember which episode it was. But one of the recent ones I found both Caplan and Mosher to seem a little more out of touch than usual. IDK it was weird. 

I mean I'm sure its harder for them to get as good of info this year as previous years with all the restrictions and new ways of doing things. I'm sure he still hears stuff, but yeah.

39 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I could see Slater as their like worst case scenario at #12 and being fine with it.

If Slater is our worst case scenario there should be no way to **** this up.

Brugler has Slater as his 11th ranked prospect (7th non QB prospect) just ahead of Parsons, Horn and AVT.

Edit: PFF's draft guide has him the same... 11th overall and 7th non QB. Consistency.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

I listened to that episode this AM and don't recall Caplan saying Brooks is available for trade. I was driving so I could've missed it though. Don't really see any point in moving him since we'd get miniscule value. Rather have him here so Hurts doesn't get killed.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

To go into that ^^^ idea

TFXIS80.png

^^^ that's what's happening in front of us.

What do you do?
(Only rule: No one is moving up for Mac, I think we all would be fine with moving back)

Here's a big board for you.

QSRJOp9.png
ZnDjUNV.png

kinda sucks and makes me mad at Howie for doing the trade. Considering he probably could've moved back from 6 to 8/9 and gotten picks while keeping his options open. If Mac goes top 11, along with those other QBs it'll be fine. But we could get blocked out and have to take an olineman pretty easily.

Trade down is my preference #1 by a sizeable margin. Then mandatory #12 selection in order: Parsons, Slater, Bateman, Newsome, Paye, AVT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean I'm sure its harder for them to get as good of info this year as previous years with all the restrictions and new ways of doing things. I'm sure he still hears stuff, but yeah.

fair point, IDK maybe it was during the askITB thing or something... just couldn't remember a time I was like what the heck are you guys talking about. Was just trying to see if anyone felt the same.

In general I like their podcasts, but there are certain things that can be a little grating.

52 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Trade down is my preference #1 by a sizeable margin. Then mandatory #12 selection in order: Parsons, Slater, Bateman, Newsome, Paye, AVT.

I'd toss in Oweh too..take a swing. As far as something I could understand.

Yes, if trading down was allowed the board looks pretty good at 20-24

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I'd toss in Oweh too..take a swing. As far as something I could understand.

Yes, if trading down was allowed the board looks pretty good at 20-24

Oweh too boom or bust to be the Eagles pick. We can't afford to take chances. Gotta draft a pro bowler, wether that's a RG (Would be freaking stupid at 12 overall, but as long as he's great...), WR, LB, CB, or DL.

Using #12 overall to make a lateral move at RG sounds very Howie, so it's actually what I expect to happen now. And I don't think Slater will be as good as Brooks.

Edited by Jeezla

18 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I feel like this could be smoke - given that just about everyone expects LAC and Minnesota to target offensive lineman with their first round picks and you have teams like Chicago, WFT, Pittsburgh, Indy and Oakland who could all use offensive line help. Could be driving up the price for a potential move down. 

In what way is getting Slater a bad thing? The guy can play pretty much anywhere on the line and is a fantastic athlete. Ya, OL isn't our number one need, but we need to build for the future not for next year.... Slater is a fantastic prospect at a very important position.

I would love to get my hands on Slater. It isn't as sexy as CB/WR, but winning through the trenches is never a bad thing.