2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

WR/CB seems like the obvious 1st/2nd combo for you guys. Personally I think Devonta Smith is a perfect fit for your offense. He's also my #2 WR and #10 overall player. In my final mock I have you guys selecting WR Devonta Smith in the 1st, CB Tyson Campbell in the 2nd, TE Brevin Jordan in the 3rd, and DT Milton Williams also in the 3rd. 

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

WR/CB seems like the obvious 1st/2nd combo for you guys. Personally I think Devonta Smith is a perfect fit for your offense. He's also my #2 WR and #10 overall player. In my final mock I have you guys selecting WR Devonta Smith in the 1st, CB Tyson Campbell in the 2nd, TE Brevin Jordan in the 3rd, and DT Milton Williams also in the 3rd. 

No thanks. And double no thanks.
Milton Williams wont make it past the Raiders in round 2.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

Who's fault is your bad drafting? Mayock or Gruden? I'm assuming Gruden has final say over picks?

I already having us making a big reach in the 2nd with OT Stone Forsythe. Not that I want him, but we are gonna reach for a RT at some point.

And I'm assuming mostly Gruden. Horrible talent evaluator and final say. Although Mayock is definitely not innocent. 

The Arnette reach is the worst reach I have seen for any teams in years. He was a Mid-2nd Rounder at best, and mostly a projected Nickel Corner. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I already having us making a big reach in the 2nd with OT Stone Forsythe. Not that I want him, but we are gonna reach for a RT at some point.

And I'm assuming mostly Gruden. Horrible talent evaluator and final say. Although Mayock is definitely not innocent. 

The Arnette reach is the worst reach I have seen for any teams in years. He was a Mid-2nd Rounder at best, and mostly a projected Nickel Corner. 

I couldn't believe that Arnett pick when it happened. I laughed out loud. At least you only have 6 more years of this crap.

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Some of that time missed wasn't needed to be missed. They just held him out cause they didn't figure he had anything much to gain, but anybody can get hurt. Injuries are pretty random. You could be healthy your whole career then have back to back season ending injuries in back to back years. Someone can fall on your leg wrong and its over. Its football. Rondale doesn't have some crazy bad injuries that should make you concerned or anything.

Also, not saying Moore is Smith, but its not a wild comparison and if you are gonna call someone out for a comparsion at least be accurate with the info you respond to them with.

Steve Smith 5'9" 184 lbs

Rondale Moore 5'7" 181 lbs

But, yes Moore is 2 inches shorter, but that's a 3 lb difference coming out of college between them and not the more significant 15 lbs you tried to make it out to be.

Here are their testing results too for comparisons sake.

Steve Smith Sr.

40 - 4.41

Vert - 38.5"

Broad - 10'1"

Shuttle - 4.25

3 Cone - 7.44

Rondale Moore

40 - 4.32

Vert - 42.5"

Broad - 10'06"

Shuttle - 4.10

3 Cone - 6.68

It's not a crazy comparison whether you like Moore or not. Maybe you think that's people projecting and the best possible outcome which is fine. But, Steve Smith was taken out of the 3rd round out of Utah. Moore will probably end up going higher even with some injuries his last 2 years.

Like I didn't see you call out his other comparison last page which was DeVonta Smith and Justin Jefferson comparison and that one is almost a 40 lb difference lol. Feels like you're just picking on Moore and that comp cause you don't like the player. 

DeVonta Smith - 166 lbs

Justin Jefferson - 202 lbs

I meant the comparison just based off the criticism. Like we can’t draft Jefferson because he is only a slot, cant draft smith because he’s too small. Sometimes people over think things and not just draft the better player. They aren’t the same player at all, smith actually reminds me of diggs of how he plays. Weight aside. But everything you said about smith and moore I agree with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I meant the comparison just based off the criticism. Like we can’t draft Jefferson because he is only a slot, cant draft smith because he’s too small. Sometimes people over think things and not just draft the better player. They aren’t the same player at all, smith actually reminds me of diggs of how he plays. Weight aside. But everything you said about smith and moore I agree with. 

I still don't think Jefferson is as good as his rookie stats say, but yeah I get what you are saying. I don't think factoring in Smith's weight is necessarily overthinking it though. I don't think there's ever been a successful receiver his size like BMI wise, so its fair to wonder.

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Then Howie Roseman said hold by beer and drafted a 4th Round QB in the 2nd and alienated his starter.

We'll trade you Roseman for Mayock. No trade backs.......

My official application from the GM Mock Draft form that I am better than Howie.

I made 2 trades

12 and 84 for 10 and 114

and 

Ertz and 114 for 93 and 236

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

1st

PHI

D-0464

Jaylen Waddle

WR

2nd

PHI

D-0153

Eric Stokes

CB

3rd

PHI

D-0033

Baron Browning

ILB

3rd

PHI

D-0252

Kenneth Gainwell

RB

4th

PHI

D-0122

Deonte Brown

G

5th

PHI

D-0213

Jaylen Twyman

DT

6th

PHI

D-0181

Israel Mukuamu

CB

6th

PHI

D-0439

Victor Dimukeje

DE

6th

PHI

D-0341

Quintin Morris

TE

7th

PHI

D-0236

Joshuah Bledsoe

S

7th

PHI

D-0371

Sam Ehlinger

QB

7th

PHI

D-0287

Marlon Williams

WR

On 4/25/2021 at 5:24 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Damn.... got excited reading this till I clicked on the article and saw who wrote it 😕

Wow! He still exists!

20 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Then Howie Roseman said hold by beer and drafted a 4th Round QB in the 2nd and alienated his starter.

Because of the s**t storm that was last year´s draft, specifically our 2nd day I am more worried than excited for this draft.

I mean it can be worse than last year that´s for sure. The 2nd round pick was fail so big that it sent the whole franchise into an immediate full rebuild with nothing to build around. 

Edited by Broadway Joe
  • Like 1