2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

13 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Honestly, this is the first draft in a very long time where I just don't care. I'm expecting Howie & Co. to **** this up and preparing myself for the worst. 

I, like an idiot, keep thinking “but this year will be different” 

49 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Think I should block Shanahan, Niners, 49ers, QB, and all the QB names on twitter.

Draft coverage will drop to nothing though.

I was thinking, for the Eagles, best case scenario is the Niners picking Mac Jones right? Imagine what happens at four if Fields and Lance are still on the board... I'd guess 5 QBs go top 10 for sure at that point. At that point we are almost guaranteed a shot at one of the CBs or WRs we want.

The only downside would be if we had stayed at 6 and QBs go top 4 we would have been guaranteed Chase or Pitts which.... would hurt.

29 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I was thinking, for the Eagles, best case scenario is the Niners picking Mac Jones right? Imagine what happens at four if Fields and Lance are still on the board... I'd guess 5 QBs go top 10 for sure at that point. At that point we are almost guaranteed a shot at one of the CBs or WRs we want.

The only downside would be if we had stayed at 6 and QBs go top 4 we would have been guaranteed Chase or Pitts which.... would hurt.

Still a decent chance Pitts and Chase go 4 and 5.

Dane tweeted this today. I've heard tons of rumors about Pitts and the Falcons loving him and going there if they don't trade down most likely. We all know the Burrow/Bengals-Chase connection too if they don't go Sewell.

I still think moving back and getting a 1st was hard to pass up value wise, but on the other hand we can't draft.

From what I've been hearing recently and for a couple weeks I think its most likely both corners are off the board before we pick. Supposedly the Panthers love Jaycee Horn according to Bryan Broaddus who is a Cowboys radio guy and former scout of the Eagles, Cowboys, Jaguars, and Packers. I feel like if Surtain makes it to 10, then he's probably the pick there. I can see Giants taking a corner too. I just don't see a corner making it to 12, but if one does they are probably the pick.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Still a decent chance Pitts and Chase go 4 and 5.

Dane tweeted this today. I've heard tons of rumors about Pitts and the Falcons loving him and going there if they don't trade down most likely. We all know the Burrow/Bengals-Chase connection too if they don't go Sewell.

I still think moving back and getting a 1st was hard to pass up value wise, but on the other hand we can't draft.

It is definitely possible. If ATL wants Pitts he 100% is going there. I just figured in said scenario one team would offer them enough picks they would be willing to move out. It depends on how in love they are with Pitts and how much another team is in love with Justin Fields.

Another interesting idea: What if Fields and Lance both fall to 8. Does Carolina go QB or do they actually ride with Darnold for two years?

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

From what I've been hearing recently and for a couple weeks I think its most likely both corners are off the board before we pick. Supposedly the Panthers love Jaycee Horn according to Bryan Broaddus who is a Cowboys radio guy and former scout of the Eagles, Cowboys, Jaguars, and Packers. I feel like if Surtain makes it to 10, then he's probably the pick there. I can see Giants taking a corner too. I just don't see a corner making it to 12, but if one does they are probably the pick.

Both corners could be gone by 8. I highly doubt either one of them are there at 12... but the draft can get crazy so we just have to wait and see. I think the most likely "sexy" player at 12 is Smith, whom I would love but could see the Eagles passing on him.... cause Howie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It is definitely possible. If ATL wants Pitts he 100% is going there. I just figured in said scenario one team would offer them enough picks they would be willing to move out. It depends on how in love they are with Pitts and how much another team is in love with Justin Fields.

Another interesting idea: What if Fields and Lance both fall to 8. Does Carolina go QB or do they actually ride with Darnold for two years?

I have no idea what happens with Fields. I don't understand what has happened with him this draft process. No idea what the Broncos are doing either. They are a wild card too. But, if I was running Carolina I'm grabbing a QB no question. It's crazy to me that you would think Darnold is enough to stop you from taking another shot on a talented QB prospect, especially one with more mobility, cheaper contract, and you don't even have to trade up? That seems like a gift. I love Jaycee. He has the mentality I want from a corner. I think you can coach some of the grabbiness out of him, but he's not a full proof prospect and while corner is a valuable position I just don't see how even a dominant edge stops you from taking a top 5 caliber QB prospect and to me Fields is definitely that. Do you think Washington would rather have Chase Young or Justin Herbert right now? 

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Both corners could be gone by 8. I highly doubt either one of them are there at 12... but the draft can get crazy so we just have to wait and see. I think the most likely "sexy" player at 12 is Smith, whom I would love but could see the Eagles passing on him.... cause Howie.

I mean we did draft Pumphrey and that dude looked like a pre-schooler lol