2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

This is a really good point.

Another thing to consider is that seven of the Eagles’ 11 picks are in the last three rounds, including a league-high five in the sixth and seventh rounds.

This is not a good year to find talent in the late rounds. With the NCAA giving players an extra year of eligibility because of the COVID-19 pandemic, many decided to stay in school, which is going to make next year’s draft a gold mine. But it has shrunk this year’s talent pool considerably. Less than 700 players have signed standard representation agreements with agents this year. Typically, that number is in the 2,000 neighborhood.

“We had so many kids go back to school,” NFL Network senior draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah said. “That’s going to impact the bottom of the draft. That’s whr y everybody that I talk to around the league has been saying, ‘We don’t know what the heck we’re going to do with our sixth- and seventh-round picks. If we can get rid of them we’re going to get rid of them just because [in] next year’s class, those sixth- and seventh-round picks are going to be really valuable. But not so much this year.’ ”

Hopefully we move some of those later picks for picks next year, but sounds like other teams are gonna wanna do this too. Howie has done this in the past like trade a 4th or 5th for a pick a round earlier the next year. The one I remember distinctly was the 4th round pick in 2015 that got turned into a 3rd in 2016 which got included in the Carson Wentz trade.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is a really good point.

Hopefully we move some of those later picks for picks next year, but sounds like other teams are gonna wanna do this too. Howie has done this in the past like trade a 4th or 5th for a pick a round earlier the next year. The one I remember distinctly was the 4th round pick in 2015 that got turned into a 3rd in 2016 which got included in the Carson Wentz trade.

Seems like that’s why Howie is gearing up for next years draft. We are going to be loaded. I’m very excited for next years, going to be a great haul of talent and hopefully we have a new GM. Because this will be one of the most attractive spots with cap space and 4 picks in the top 2 rounds 

49 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Idk what is going on with Fields free falling recently, but if he is on the board and you are Howie.... what you do?

I take him instantly.

I get on the phone with the Bears/Steelers right away and I'm taking a ransom for the pick.

Edited by Scalamania
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Idk what is going on with Fields free falling recently, but if he is on the board and you are Howie.... what you do?

I take him instantly.

I just assume its Simms playing cover for his buddy. Niners are going hard to make it seem like Fields, nor Lance, is really an option. 

If he’s there yeah you make the pick unless you crossed him off for some reason. I’d hope someone would be enamored with him down the board. I’d gladly take a 1st next year from the Bears or Steelers.

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I just assume its Simms playing cover for his buddy. Niners are going hard to make it seem like Fields, nor Lance, is really an option. 

If he’s there yeah you make the pick unless you crossed him off for some reason. I’d hope someone would be enamored with him down the board. I’d gladly take a 1st next year from the Bears or Steelers.

I get the trade down ideas but give me the QB. We have three firsts next year as is to build around him and Fields is insanely talented.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I take him instantly.

As a buckeye fan, I love our QBs when they are playing in the Shoe. HOWEVER, once they leave tOSU they normally never amount to anything and end up busting out of the league. Honestly, unless we had the #1 overall, I don't want anything to do with a QB until 3rd day. 

Go Birds

MC

Edited by Mastercheddaar

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I get the trade down ideas but give me the QB. We have three firsts next year as is to build around him and Fields is insanely talented.

I don't think Fields will fall past 9 but I also don't think Fields is "insanely talented". I actually don't think he's very good. 

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I take him instantly.

I take Fields too, but Chris Simms has been a troll with his "rankings" by position and I don't see putting Fields 32nd as any different.

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Howie screw up the draft yet? 

Howie Rosman and the Eagles are known to pull a surprise or two on draft day — so who could it be this year?

(12:55 PM ET) I’m told the team loves Kwity Paye, the edge rusher from Michigan, and view him as a clone to another former Wolverine — Brandon Graham — the Eagles’ former first-round pick. Could they take him with the 12th overall selection? I’d say right now, it’s possible.

I love Paye the person. I love his athleticism. I love his run defense. If we were still a good team and picking in the mid 20s, then sure jump on Paye immediately. But, if we traded back from 6 to 12 and take him I'm gonna be disappointed. Not as disappointed as the Barnett pick, but still disappointed.

I think I'm gonna just chalk it up to we are taking a corner at 12 or in a little trade up. Slater or Paye at 12 if we get wiped out and can't move up. Rather have Slater or one of the corners, so that's my hope. But, if Paye is the only one on the board I'm just assuming he's the guy until Goodell announces differently.