2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Howie Rosman and the Eagles are known to pull a surprise or two on draft day — so who could it be this year?

(12:55 PM ET) I’m told the team loves Kwity Paye, the edge rusher from Michigan, and view him as a clone to another former Wolverine — Brandon Graham — the Eagles’ former first-round pick. Could they take him with the 12th overall selection? I’d say right now, it’s possible.

I said this months ago - this is exactly who I expect us to pick. I would've expected us to pick him at 6 TBH. 

To me, Paye isn't even a top 20 prospect so it makes sense for Howie to take him at 12. 

Edited by Scalamania

Just now, Scalamania said:

I said this months ago - this is exactly who I expect us to pick. I would've expected us to pick him at 6 TBH. 

You aren't alone. I think most Eagles fans have known Paye has been an option for the longest. We just aren't trying to think of it or put it out there too much cause we are hoping for a corner or receiver. Paye going to Michigan and having great character on/off the field just made a lot of sense, especially with Graham's career winding down. I don't think we would've taken him at 6 though.

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

To me, Paye isn't even a top 20 prospect so it makes sense for Howie to take him at 12. 

He's in there for some people. Brugler has him 19th. PFN (Tony Pauline's draft guide) has him 12th. PFF's draft guide has him 22nd.

I haven't created a big board, but he should be in that 20-32 range. I have him below Phillips as far as edges go, but I don't think the Eagles would take a guy with his injury concerns that high. Ojulari is younger, but I don't think he's a guy we would be looking at with his size.

I would hope if Paye is the guy we could trade down to 15 with say New England. Maybe the Bears at 20? Then, if Paye is there on the board after another trade down, then take him. If we take him at 12 over a receiver or corner that is gonna be annoying.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You aren't alone. I think most Eagles fans have known Paye has been an option for the longest. We just aren't trying to think of it or put it out there too much cause we are hoping for a corner or receiver. Paye going to Michigan and having great character on/off the field just made a lot of sense, especially with Graham's career winding down. I don't think we would've taken him at 6 though.

Wonder when it first started. Seems like since midseason when draft season really started at least. But would've died down some for the brief time we had #6.

It's such a 1 to 1 Howie move. Playing it safe, sticking to the trenches.
Fact that he's BG Jr is just icing on the cake.

I like Paye, I think this is a great situation for him. He's maybe a little more athletic than BG coming out, though everyone is.
But if you can cut out those first couple years of Graham having to learn moves, to use his hands, take advantage of being so thick and low...by BG teaching Paye every day. I don't think a lot of us are going to be THAT pissed the next 8+ years.
But I 100% get the draft day disappointment, right there with people.

Would be tough to see Phillips and potentially Oweh go later and make way more impact.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Looking at the TDN guys boards and where they have Paye ranked...

Marino - 11th

Reid - 15th

Crabbs - 9th

Harris - 11th

Still some who haven't posted their big board, but their consensus has him 10th rn.

I don't see anyway he's a top 10 prospect in this draft. He should be right around wherever Oweh is ranked because they both need a lot of work. 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Honestly, how is professional GM Howie Roseman so much worse at this than a bunch of losers on a website? 

We don't have skin in the game or a job to save.

It's a great mystery how someone who seems to care about things on such a superficial optics level can never get better.
Like he never seems to learn the right lessons or takes them as gospel.

Pass on two good underachieving college wideouts? Better take one next year cause thats the new meta.
Philly needs Philly tough guys, drafts guys who become headcases because they can't handle the stress they put on themselves, + outside sources and get pissy/broken (Nelly, Wentz, Dillard, Sidney, Reagor)

Just now, Kiltman said:

Wonder when it first started. Seems like since midseason when draft season really started at least. But would've died down some for the brief time we had #6.

It's such a 1 to 1 Howie move. Playing it safe, sticking to the trenches.
Fact that he's BG Jr is just icing on the cake.

I like Paye, I think this is a great situation for him. He's maybe a little more athletic than BG coming out, though everyone is.
But if you can cut out those first couple years of Graham having to learn moves, to use his hands, take advantage of being so thick and low...by BG teaching Paye every day. I don't think a lot of us are going to be THAT pissed the next 8+ years.
But I 100% get the draft day disappointment, right there with people.

Would be tough to see Phillips and potentially Oweh go later and make way more impact.

Oh no doubt Graham would have a good impact on him as a veteran who followed a similar path. I think Graham has an impact on the team as a whole with his character and competitiveness. I think Paye could be similar. Both are hard working high character dudes who could get after it in the run game but needed work as pass rushers.

I also think you are underrating Graham as an athlete coming out. Not sure why  either. He ran a 4.72 laser combine time. If he was coming out in this class he probably would've been in the 4.6s somewhere with a pro day time. His 3 cone wasn't anything crazy, but it was about 7 flat. A 4.25 shuttle is pretty good for a guy that was almost 270. Was he some great/elite athlete? Nah. He was a good athlete though.

Paye is freaky athlete though. You're underselling his athleticism too to an even bigger extent than Graham. He ran like a 4.57 at his pro day and didn't get a chance to do the shuttle or 3 cone at his pro day bc of a quad. But, he did his 3 cone at Michigan the year before and hit 6.37 which I still can't believe, but even if he hit 6.5 to 6.7 that is absurd.

Here is the video of him running it.

He just moves different... there are off ball LBs who can't look this smooth in a drill like this lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Honestly, how is professional GM Howie Roseman so much worse at this than a bunch of losers on a website? 

Cause Howie always thinks he's the smartest in the room and probably relies more on his analytic guys than his scouts or coaches.

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I don't see anyway he's a top 10 prospect in this draft. He should be right around wherever Oweh is ranked because they both need a lot of work. 

most of them have him graded just as a first rounder, not necessarily that high. But have the draft being deficient in top 10 players. Plus they don't have more than 3 QBs ranked above him, so he'll get pushed back naturally with them all probably going.

Paye is likely going to be a good player, just doesn't seem like he has any chance to be "great". High pressure, low sack players are very useful and can help you win games, but this high in the draft you want a player that can change games regularly at EDGE. Paye doesn't seem like that to me.

13 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Oh no doubt Graham would have a good impact on him as a veteran who followed a similar path. I think Graham has an impact on the team as a whole with his character and competitiveness. I think Paye could be similar. Both are hard working high character dudes who could get after it in the run game but needed work as pass rushers.

I also think you are underrating Graham as an athlete coming out. Not sure why  either. He ran a 4.72 laser combine time. If he was coming out in this class he probably would've been in the 4.6s somewhere with a pro day time. His 3 cone wasn't anything crazy, but it was about 7 flat. A 4.25 shuttle is pretty good for a guy that was almost 270. Was he some great/elite athlete? Nah. He was a good athlete though.

Paye is freaky athlete though. You're underselling his athleticism too to an even bigger extent than Graham. He ran like a 4.57 at his pro day and didn't get a chance to do the shuttle or 3 cone at his pro day bc of a quad. But, he did his 3 cone at Michigan the year before and hit 6.37 which I still can't believe, but even if he hit 6.5 to 6.7 that is absurd.

Here is the video of him running it.

He just moves different... there are off ball LBs who can't look this smooth in a drill like this lol

Don't remember BG doing that well, yeah I was underselling them both I guess. 
Didn't mean they were trash athletes or anything, just not like eyepopping measurables/speed.
Relentless though.

It's kinda funny the similarities to the 2010 edge class as a whole.

Graham / JPP  / Derrick Morgan  / Jerry Hughes

Paye / Oweh  / Phillips / Azeez

Even got a slimmer texas guy in the next group again too.

• Like 1

Let's just say we did go Kwity in round 1.
Who do we target in the 2nd?
Elijah Moore? Jevon Holland?  Melifonwu? Stokes? Jamin Davis? OL? Friermuth? Davis Mills or Mond? Another DL? Trade up for TM jr or Bateman or Zaven or Moehrig?

Edited by Jeezla