2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

Cowboys’ front office split on Patrick Surtain and Jaycee Horn?

While there’s been talk of a battle within the San Francisco 49ers’ front office over which quarterback the team will select with the third selection, I am told a similar battle is taking place at One Cowboys Way in Frisco, Texas, as to which cornerback Dallas will select.

(6:10 PM ET) There’s a 50/50 split in the front office right now as to whether the team should take Patrick Surtain or Jaycee Horn with the tenth pick. As stated last week, during the Draft Insiders podcast with Trey Wingo — while Surtain is presently higher rated on my board, two years down the road I believe Horn can be the better cornerback.

Before we picked Barnett I was saying to myself please don't let it be Barnett please don't let it be Barnett. I will hate Paye pick even more. He gets blocked by tight ends, doesn't show instincts just watch the penn state game and the first min of the tape, he is horrible. I would pick Baremore over him.

Rankings for Eagles targets on the Consensus Draft Board by Arif on The Athletic...

Kyle Pitts - 2nd (don't think we have a shot)

Ja'Marr Chase - 4th (don't think we have a shot)

Justin Fields - 5th (unlikely)

Jaylen Waddle - 7th (maybe)

DeVonta Smith - 8th (probably there)

Rashawn Slater - 9th (maybe)

Patrick Surtain - 10th (unlikely... but maybe)

Micah Parsons - 11th (probably there but unlikely with position and character concerns)

Jaycee Horn - 13th (maybe there... but looking less likely by the day)

Kwity Paye - 14th (almost certainly there)

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Comparing Paye to Graham is doing Graham a disservice, Graham was a beast in college and actually had production and dominated in regular games and the senior bowl. Paye has bust written all over him

Paye has high floor and anything but bust written all over him.

And, yeah... where did all of those sacks go from his last 2 years at Michigan to his time with the Eagles?

Looking at stats and judging a player is dumb.

I guess in your world Gregory Rousseau is much better than Kwity Paye.... 15.5 sacks as a redshirt freshman though!!

10 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Before we picked Barnett I was saying to myself please don't let it be Barnett please don't let it be Barnett. I will hate Paye pick even more. He gets blocked by tight ends, doesn't show instincts just watch the penn state game and the first min of the tape, he is horrible. I would pick Baremore over him.

I'll hate the Paye pick less. Both picks will be disappointing to different extents, but he's a better prospect than Barnett. 

Paye is in that mid to late first for me, while Barnett was an early 2nd rounder at best.

You don't even know how to spell the prospects name you want over him. Settle down D Jax.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Paye has high floor and anything but bust written all over him.

And, yeah... where did all of those sacks go from his last 2 years at Michigan to his time with the Eagles?

Looking at stats and judging a player is dumb.

I guess in your world Gregory Rousseau is much better than Kwity Paye.... 15.5 sacks as a redshirt freshman though!!

He’s just not dominate at all, has no awareness. I’d want to see him dominate tackles in college to warrant the 12th overall pick and I don’t see that on tape. I see him getting blocked by tightends at times. Graham showed pass rushing skills in college and it translated, as he ranks high in pressures every year. I’m not judging off production, but I see it on tape too. But yes I don’t like Rousseau either, but I might pick him over paye. I think jalean Philips is better then both of them. Pitts said himself on nfl network today he thinks the top 4 picks are qbs.