2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

"Kwity Paye is a fascinating guy, because of the way he is built. He's kind of very dense and compact in his build. He's got a really strong looking body. But, he's a plus athlete... he is not a poor athlete by any means. There are times he's looked sudden in his movement. He could redirect. He could direction change. You got to remember he came out of Rhode Island. Obviously not a well known state for producing great football players, but he was a track athlete. He was on a state champion 4x100 relay team, so you're not talking about a bad athlete. The thing that I guarantee that coaches love about him is he's got heavy hands and you can't teach that. I mean he controls and displaces offensive tackles. He moves them. I think there is a lot to unlock with this kid athletically and physically. I think he can be a quality edge pass rusher. He has speed to power cause of his build. And, he's also your classic case of a guy you can move him into DT in your sub fronts and he can really be effective, so I think he's a really good prospect. I would describe his explosiveness as more methodical and relentlessly powerful than just twitchy. But, he's a pretty good prospect. He almost looked to me like an old school DE even though he's not 290. He almost looked like that old school DE to me."

- Greg Cosell on the Inside the Birds podcast 

Seemed like Cosell was super intrigued by Oweh's traits. I feel like he's gonna go day 1 despite the 0 sack number this year. NFL evaluators love them some traits. He also seems lower on Rousseau and higher on Payton Turner which would match what Pauline was saying about Turner going ahead of Rousseau. on draft night. Wonder if we would be interested in Turner at 37 if he doesn't go first. He's not the guy I want there, but I could see it. Could also see us being into Bashm if we are into thicker edges like Paye. He seems to love Phillips and have him as the top edge guy, but he obviously pointed out the caution with his concussion history. Talked about him glowlingly though. I'm pretty much on board with most of his edge takes in the pod. Always great to listen to him talk on the different Eagles pods. We have some of the best coverage when you get outside the dumb beat reporters.... looking at you ESP.

But, yeah.... the fact that I'm up at 2 a.m. and transcribing quotes from draft pods tells me the draft needs to get here before I lose my mind.... less than 22 hours to go.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Houston’s Payton Turner rising up draft boards

(4:45 PM ET) Yesterday, I mentioned Davis Mills as the fastest rising player on draft boards. If there is an equivalent on defense, it would be Houston defensive lineman Payton Turner. Turner is coming off a terrific senior season as well as three good days of practice at the Senior Bowl. Most who I’ve spoken with tell me Turner will be selected ahead of Miami’s Gregory Rousseau, and he has an outside shot of landing in the late part of Round 1.

I liked Turned in the late 2nd/early 3rd range but the first round seems wild to me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Now for comparisons sake.... let's look at the type of young man Kwity is.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-360-the-powerful-story-behind-kwity-paye-s-name

Yeah... not even a question who I want in my locker room for the next 5-10 years. I don't care if Parsons has the athleticism and potential to be a top LB if he hits his ceiling. Keep a dude like that off my team.

100%

Stuff like this always makes me laugh - good for him/his family for escaping the situation but it has no impact on how I feel about him as a prospect. 

Seems like a lot of people in here are preparing themselves for Paye to be the pick. I can't wait for all the insufferable backing of the pick until next off-season when we're back to square one wondering how we, once again, drafted someone who's not that good in the first round. 

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Seems like a lot of people in here are preparing themselves for Paye to be the pick. I can't wait for all the insufferable backing of the pick until next off-season when we're back to square one wondering how we, once again, drafted someone who's not that good in the first round. 

I don’t think there is a scenario tomorrow that I’ll be “Yep had to do it, actually great job Howie!” if it’s Paye. It’s a story that’ll have some legs until next year. Because right now I’m still pissed we moved down a little bit because we could miss out on all the blue chips. But obviously if Tua sucks, which I’m not that high on him, and the Dolphins are picking 1-15 then it’s a different story.

Divorcing Paye from where he might be taken I can see the appeal. Like I can see the pretty good career ahead of him but on the day it’ll be very eh if it’s at 12.
If those top 11 guys are gone I don’t know who’s the obvious choice if Parsons is off their board and they aren’t looking at the oline. A QB would be there in that scenario, so like all of us have said...take the tradedown. There are plenty of good 18-24 range players. Even moving to 15 would be better.

Right now, realistically it looks like our best shot is Smith. Running the mocks and doing all the picks it looks like once you get to 10 it’s Horn/Surtain, Smith, Slater and that last QB. I think Dallas goes CB or Slater, Giants go Smith or Slater. Think it’s way more likely Gettleman goes OL than Dallas. If some team pops up for QB #5 somewhere in the top 10 it’ll be great.

but if it does go

1. Lawrence
  2. Wilson
  3. Fields/Lance/Mac
  4. Pitts
  5. Chase
  6. Waddle
  7. Sewell
  8. Horn/Surtain
  9. Lance/Fields/Mac
  10. Surtain/Horn
  11. Smith
  12. ?????

Who do you personally want? I’m of the opinion we don’t need to go oline and Howie won’t take a LB this early. So it’s tough. Like any pick seems like a reach.

13 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Why are you people soo butt hurt over a Hazing incident lol. Parsons is the #1 player at his position and top 5 prospect. If hes available at 12 you take him. With the plethora of holes we need to go BPA over needs as literally every position is a need currently. 

He basically molested another dude. 

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I don’t think there is a scenario tomorrow that I’ll be “Yep had to do it, actually great job Howie!” if it’s Paye. It’s a story that’ll have some legs until next year. Because right now I’m still pissed we moved down a little bit because we could miss out on all the blue chips. But obviously if Tua sucks, which I’m not that high on him, and the Dolphins are picking 1-15 then it’s a different story.

Divorcing Paye from where he might be taken I can see the appeal. Like I can see the pretty good career ahead of him but on the day it’ll be very eh if it’s at 12.
If those top 11 guys are gone I don’t know who’s the obvious choice if Parsons is off their board and they aren’t looking at the oline. A QB would be there in that scenario, so like all of us have said...take the tradedown. There are plenty of good 18-24 range players. Even moving to 15 would be better.

Right now, realistically it looks like our best shot is Smith. Running the mocks and doing all the picks it looks like once you get to 10 it’s Horn/Surtain, Smith, Slater and that last QB. I think Dallas goes CB or Slater, Giants go Smith or Slater. Think it’s way more likely Gettleman goes OL than Dallas. If some team pops up for QB #5 somewhere in the top 10 it’ll be great.

but if it does go

1. Lawrence
  2. Wilson
  3. Fields/Lance/Mac
  4. Pitts
  5. Chase
  6. Waddle
  7. Sewell
  8. Horn/Surtain
  9. Lance/Fields/Mac
  10. Surtain/Horn
  11. Smith
  12. ?????

Who do you personally want? I’m of the opinion we don’t need to go oline and Howie won’t take a LB this early. So it’s tough. Like any pick seems like a reach.

Here's how I have the first 11 shaking out

1. Jacksonville (1-15)    Trevor Lawerence, QB, Clemson
2. NY Jets (2-14)    Zach Wilson, QB, Brigham Young
3 San Fran - from Miami - from Houston (4-12)    Mac Jones, QB, Alabama 
4. Atlanta (4-12)    Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
5. Cincinnati (4-11-1)    Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon 
6. Miami - from Philadelphia (4-11-1)    Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
7. New England - from Detroit (5-11)    Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
8. Carolina (5-11)    Rashawn Slater, OL, Northwestern
9. Chicago - from Denver (5-11)    Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
10. Dallas (6-10)    Patrick Surtain, II, Alabama 
11. NY Giants (6-10)    Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama 
12. Philadelphia - from San Francisco (6-10)    

That leaves us with Smith and Horn on the board. You can make the argument that Horn goes instead of Surtain, which leaves Surtain and Smith on the board. 

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Here's how I have the first 11 shaking out

1. Jacksonville (1-15)    Trevor Lawerence, QB, Clemson
2. NY Jets (2-14)    Zach Wilson, QB, Brigham Young
3 San Fran - from Miami - from Houston (4-12)    Mac Jones, QB, Alabama 
4. Atlanta (4-12)    Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
5. Cincinnati (4-11-1)    Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon 
6. Miami - from Philadelphia (4-11-1)    Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
7. New England - from Detroit (5-11)    Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
8. Carolina (5-11)    Rashawn Slater, OL, Northwestern
9. Chicago - from Denver (5-11)    Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
10. Dallas (6-10)    Patrick Surtain, II, Alabama 
11. NY Giants (6-10)    Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama 
12. Philadelphia - from San Francisco (6-10)    

That leaves us with Smith and Horn on the board. You can make the argument that Horn goes instead of Surtain, which leaves Surtain and Smith on the board. 

Yeah if that’s how it happens you take one of them and be happy about it.

But what do you do if that (the scenario I posted) does happen? What do you think the Eagles would do?