2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah if that’s how it happens you take one of them and be happy about it.

But what do you do if that (the scenario I posted) does happen? What do you think the Eagles would do?

You trade back to a team who needs a QB or you take the QB. 

If one of those QBs fall to 12 I have a hard time imagining NE/CHI wouldn't trade up to get ahead of Minnesota. 

EDIT - in that scenario I would take the following because I think this is what you want to see

1. The QB

2. Slater

3. Parsons

4. Phillips

5. JOK

6. AVT

Edited by Scalamania
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

You trade back to a team who needs a QB or you take the QB. 

If one of those QBs fall to 12 I have a hard time imagining NE/CHI wouldn't trade up to get ahead of Minnesota. 

EDIT - in that scenario I would take the following because I think this is what you want to see

1. The QB

2. Slater

3. Parsons

4. Phillips

5. JOK

6. AVT

I hadn’t even considered Minnesota as a destination for a QB but that’d make sense. Kirk has one year left, right?

Yeah I was just curious. I think all of us are in the trade down camp for that scenario. I think some teams might look to pop ahead of the Chargers and Vikings for Slater too.

Don’t love the board. I guess taking Slater is fine. Not thrilled about it but it’s not an awful move. It’d be between him or the QB probably for Howie if you handed him those options. 

Can you imagine if they took a QB? The city would melt down.

If Fields slides to 12 because of a little epilepsie, take him.
If Mac jones slides to 12 because of a little belly fat, pass on him.
If Trey Lance slides to 12 because of a little uncertainty, we should probably pass on him too. A QB who completes 50% of his passes throwing to wr's who get open 10% of the time is not a good recipe.

Trey Lance is Kaepernick as a runner, and Cam Newton as a passer. Collin Newton or Cam Kaepernick hybrid. Not Josh Allen. I think he busts if he comes here, but could have a chance w/ATL or SF or maybe even Washington. Denver sucks at developing QB's, so not them.

Edited by Jeezla

38 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I hadn’t even considered Minnesota as a destination for a QB but that’d make sense. Kirk has one year left, right?

Yeah I was just curious. I think all of us are in the trade down camp for that scenario. I think some teams might look to pop ahead of the Chargers and Vikings for Slater too.

Don’t love the board. I guess taking Slater is fine. Not thrilled about it but it’s not an awful move. It’d be between him or the QB probably for Howie if you handed him those options. 

I think anything outside of a skill player is going to cause the city to meltdown tbh. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yes, we actively tried to trade up for Zach Wilson and are considered a favorite for RW if he's truly done in SEA (which would disgust me).

Edited by Jeezla

21 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

If Fields slides to 12 because of a little epilepsie, take him.
If Mac jones slides to 12 because of a little belly fat, pass on him.
If Trey Lance slides to 12 because of a little uncertainty, we should probably pass on him too. A QB who completes 50% of his passes throwing to wr's who get open 10% of the time is not a good recipe.

Trey Lance is Kaepernick as a runner, and Cam Newton as a passer. Collin Newton or Cam Kaepernick hybrid. Not Josh Allen. I think he busts if he comes here, but could have a chance w/ATL or SF or maybe even Washington. Denver sucks at developing QB's, so not them.

I'd take Fields or Lance. I don't think I would ever consider Jones, I think he's probably a 3rd round prospect, which means he's on the radar at 12 for Howie. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

but if it does go

1. Lawrence
  2. Wilson
  3. Fields/Lance/Mac
  4. Pitts
  5. Chase
  6. Waddle
  7. Sewell
  8. Horn/Surtain
  9. Lance/Fields/Mac
  10. Surtain/Horn
  11. Smith
  12. ?????

People are way too extreme about some players.... Yes, I get the resentment towards Howie and his drafting, but to just say if we pick Paye at 12 it is awful is not accurate. Paye is not a good pick at 12, but I do think he is a first round player and has good upside. He projects more as a high pressure, low sack type of player which is just not worth the 12th overall pick. At 20-25 I think he would be a great pick. 

That said if the board falls like this, I would assume Jones is the only QB left so I would ignore QB. If Fields or Lance are there you take them. Outside of QB I would say the obvious pick is Slater. Parsons is just not an option because Howie will not pick a LB at 12th overall even if he is 100% worth it there. Assuming no team loves Jones, the only teams looking to trade up would be for Slater to jump the Chargers from grabbing him. I would look to trade down with Oakland and look for picks in next years draft mainly. At 17 we could feel more comfortable about grabbing either Farley or Newsome, taking a DE like Paye or Phillips, or grab whatever OL is left over all though I'd expect a run on them before we pick.

That said, if worst case scenario is us picking Slater at 12 I think we are in good shape.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

He basically molested another dude. 

No Parsons is the one that was reportedly in a fight with Humphries. Barber was the one that was claimed to do 90% of everything. But overall its hazing. Worst **** then that happens in the military. When your a rookie, or a recruit your gonna get hazed, its the way. Its like that in the military its like that in football its llke that in all sports. 

In Regards to fight, Fights happen all the damn time. I'm not holding a fight as a reason to not draft Parsons. 

21 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Speaking from someone who was in the military, this isn't true. 

Yep, hazing is a leadership thing. If there are quality leaders in place, that crap ain't happening or it's getting shut down as soon as it starts.  Does it exist in sports and the military? yes, but it's not happening on every team or in every regiment. Only the ones with crap people in charge. At least hazing on that college frat tool-bag level. Some "hazing" is perfectly harmless, like make a guy do show-tunes or k-pop karaoke in a dress. If broomsticks are getting shoved up butts tho, then some super doosh is likely in a leadership position. And Parsons may be a super doosh. A good/great football player, but probably a total pos person. Or maybe not. Hard to say without interviewing these guys personally.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Yep, hazing is a leadership thing. If there are quality leaders in place, that crap ain't happening or it's getting shut down as soon as it starts.  Does it exist in sports and the military? yes, but it's not happening on every team or in every regiment. Only the ones with crap people in charge. At least hazing on that college frat tool-bag level. Some "hazing" is perfectly harmless, like make a guy do show-tunes or k-pop karaoke in a dress. If broomsticks are getting shoved up butts tho, then some super doosh is likely in a leadership position. And Parsons may be a super doosh. A good/great football player, but probably a total pos person. Or maybe not. Hard to say without interviewing these guys personally.

Yeah. And just because it sometimes happens doesn't mean it should be brushed under the rug.

Honestly it's impossible for people outside to know what to make of the Parsons stuff. The alleged incidents happened when he was 17 and an early enrolled freshman and nothing has come out beyond this to my knowledge. Though some of the stuff is a bit of an eyebrow raise. The outside read is everyone in the Penn State organization hated that kid and the coaches set the example that he should be treated like crap. So you can see an essential high schooler just going along with what everyone else is doing. Teams will figure that out for themselves.

The high school fight or whatever it was and transfers I personally wouldn't care about.
It's very realistic that he was a target for people to go up against and to be brushed aside by adults in that type of school.
Having coached kids and known guys like him, there is a certain way you'll be treated if you aren't a quiet mild mannered black kid. Not saying he did nothing wrong, but you see it a lot where teachers and administration  almost won't try with them or treat them as if they are guilty first before anything is even discussed. Just my read on that situation and knowing a bit about the type of school Central Dauphin is.

It all shows a little bit of an acting before you think...but they also were before he turned 18.
Yeah he could be a doosh, there have been some other things pointing to that. But he wouldn't be the first doosh from Harrisburg we take, and he doesn't seem nearly as bad as Shady. 

Reason why I don't ever really consider him for us is because I don't see Howie taking a LB.

Jumping in on Paye and some random draft thoughts after lurking for years, and creating a new eagledeegle account. 

Paye had some of the worst tape I've ever seen from a first rounder, ever.  He's athletic, sure...but he gets blocks 1v1 way too often (and double teams, he gets completely taken out)... even if it's just a rb chipping.  He's also not a very good run defender and makes bone headed decisions (1:00 into vs. Penn state...barf).  Sometimes his athleticism translates, but it's rare to see him not washed out of the play or stonewalled.  For me, he's not a first rounder...

Random thought:

Marvin Wilson is sooooo underrated.  He's consistently facing double and triple teams, and consistently works through them to make plays.  Both of Asante Jr's INTs in the Georgia Tech game were due to pressure by Marvin Wilson

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Speaking from someone who was in the military, this isn't true. 

Oh it def is true, I was in the military, my family was in the military. Hazing happened all the time. We even exchanged stories lol. so not sure what branch you were in or when but yea. 

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Oh it def is true, I was in the military, my family was in the military. Hazing happened all the time. We even exchanged stories lol. so not sure what branch you were in or when but yea. 

It's not, but go on. 

17 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah. And just because it sometimes happens doesn't mean it should be brushed under the rug.

Honestly it's impossible for people outside to know what to make of the Parsons stuff. The alleged incidents happened when he was 17 and an early enrolled freshman and nothing has come out beyond this to my knowledge. Though some of the stuff is a bit of an eyebrow raise. The outside read is everyone in the Penn State organization hated that kid and the coaches set the example that he should be treated like crap. So you can see an essential high schooler just going along with what everyone else is doing. Teams will figure that out for themselves.

The high school fight or whatever it was and transfers I personally wouldn't care about.
It's very realistic that he was a target for people to go up against and to be brushed aside by adults in that type of school.
Having coached kids and known guys like him, there is a certain way you'll be treated if you aren't a quiet mild mannered black kid. Not saying he did nothing wrong, but you see it a lot where teachers and administration  almost won't try with them or treat them as if they are guilty first before anything is even discussed. Just my read on that situation and knowing a bit about the type of school Central Dauphin is.

It all shows a little bit of an acting before you think...but they also were before he turned 18.
Yeah he could be a doosh, there have been some other things pointing to that. But he wouldn't be the first doosh from Harrisburg we take, and he doesn't seem nearly as bad as Shady. 

Reason why I don't ever really consider him for us is because I don't see Howie taking a LB.

The allegations are from when he was at Penn State. However, a Majority of the allegations are for his teammate brown. His name is just along with it because of the Fight and the Locker Room Wrestling. 

I totally get what your saying though. You gotta go with the flow of the locker room and either be the alpha or become the Alphas Target. Environment controls everything in that situation.