2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

I think if we get either Horn or Surtain, both are having a rookie year similar to Okudah. Those guys won't pay-off until year 2 or 3. Which is fine I guess, but I prefer that instant impact top 15 pick.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Waddle, injuries

Smith, size

Surtain, overall speed 

I don't know if any of them have been "locks" though. I still see plenty of predictive mocks giving us Waddle or Smith the past few days. Surtain is most often mocked to the Cowboys at 10, so he might be the closest to a "lock" out of the three you mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think if we get either Horn or Surtain, both are having a rookie year similar to Okudah.

How come? Cause they are Eagles?

Surtain is pretty polished to step in day 1 and be solid. Horn might still suffer from penalties due to his aggressiveness throughout the route.

But, typically rookie corners aren't gonna excel. That's one of the toughest positons. We also have like a murderers row of receivers we are facing this year so it won't surprise me if they take some lumps in there.

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think if we get either Horn or Surtain, both are having a rookie year similar to Okudah. Those guys won't pay-off until year 2 or 3. Which is fine I guess, but I prefer that instant impact top 15 pick.

I find it hard to believe Surtain struggles hard opposite Slay his rookie year. The kids already extremely technically sound and pro ready.

Horn I could see as his tape shows him grabbing a lot which will get punished much more in the pros. But being able to put both of them on number 2 wideouts will help a lot.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't know if any of them have been "locks" though. I still see plenty of predictive mocks giving us Waddle or Smith the past few days. Surtain is most often mocked to the Cowboys at 10, so he might be the closest to a "lock" out of the three you mentioned.

Yea, the only top 10 "locks" are Sewell (1), Lawrence (2), Zach (3), Chase (4), One of Lance/Mac (5), and probably Pitts (6), but that's debatable. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

How come? Cause they are Eagles?

Surtain is pretty polished to step in day 1 and be solid. Horn might still suffer from penalties due to his aggressiveness throughout the route.

But, typically rookie corners aren't gonna excel. That's one of the toughest positons. We also have like a murderers row of receivers we are facing this year so it won't surprise me if they take some lumps in there.

Because they are CB's.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Yea, the only top 10 "locks" are Sewell (1), Lawrence (2), Zach (3), Chase (4), One of Lance/Mac (5), and probably Pitts (6), but that's debatable. 

Agreed. I think if Pitts did fall past 9 the Cowboys would take him cause of where he is on their board similar to Lamb. Jerry supposedly loves Pitts, but word out of Dallas is they know they know the likelihood of him slipping to them isn't likely. I think all the smoke about them trading up was BS. Think its significantly more likely they trade out like maybe if both corners are off the board.

Dallas getting my favorite player in this class would haunt me. I wasn't happy about CeeDee, but I'd be broken if they got Pitts. Not that they need another weapon. 

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Because they are CB's.

So my last point. Thanks.

There are like 5 really good CB's in the NFL total right now. The chance of getting one is very low. Don't waste picks trying to draft them in the 1st. 2nd round? Sure. Or just trade the pick for an existing good CB.

Edited by Jeezla

5 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

My favorite day of the year is tomorrow cant wait 

Yessir. My friend judged me when I said I'd take the draft over the Super Bowl unless their is some great match-up or the Eagles are playing obviously. The draft is just more interesting. It's a whole year affair. It can alter the future of your franchise.