Jump to content

2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

There are like 5 really good CB's in the NFL total right now. The chance of getting one is very low. Don't waste picks trying to draft them in the 1st. 2nd round? Sure. Or just trade the pick for an existing good CB.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

 

Seriously, name all the CB's currently in the NFL that you would happily trade pick #12 for. 
Jalen Ramsey
Jaire Alexander
Marlon Humphrey
Tre-davius White

That's it.
You think Surtain or Horn are joining that list if I ask the same question 2 years from now?
I'd rather spend pick 12 on Zaven Collins. When is the last time we had a DROY?

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yessir. My friend judged me when I said I'd take the draft over the Super Bowl unless their is some great match-up or the Eagles are playing obviously. The draft is just more interesting. It's a whole year affair. It can alter the future of your franchise. 

It's a whole year affair that Howie sets fire to in a matter of minutes

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You think Surtain or Horn are joining that list if I ask the same question 2 years from now?

No idea. I wasn't expecting White to be as good as he was as soon as he was for instance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

No idea. I wasn't expecting White to be as good as he was as soon as he was for instance.

I will say Horns footwork drills were probably the cleanest I've seen since Jaire Alexander at the combine, but I don't think Horn did hip-flip drills that they do at the combine, which Jaire and Tredavius killed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Seriously, name all the CB's currently in the NFL that you would happily trade pick #12 for. 
Jalen Ramsey
Jaire Alexander
Marlon Humphrey
Tre-davius White

That's it.
You think Surtain or Horn are joining that list if I ask the same question 2 years from now?
I'd rather spend pick 12 on Zaven Collins. When is the last time we had a DROY?

It’s an incredibly hard position to get right. So many other factors that go into their success too. It’s a fallacy that a corner is can’t miss. I think you gotta scout the tools and mentality, then have an honest talk with yourself if he can be successful here. Do you have the coaches that will make it work.

I don’t remember the exact percentage but the only thing to go against your argument would be the majority of starting corners are from early in the draft. It’s not really a position you’re gonna find later all that often unless you have a niche. Like the Seattle defense.

I think we probably could wait til 37 and get one. Between Stokes, Asante, Joseph, Campbell, etc there should be one there. I like the overall potential of Farley (injury aside), Surtain and Horn and would be for taking a swing over like an OLinemen. Like those three guys could feasibly become those top corners if you can make it work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

My favorite day of the year is tomorrow cant wait 

LFG! Can't wait either. Been trying my hardest to not think about it. Longest month ever even with trying hard to not think about it . Thought it would go faster but it didn't lol. Can't wait to go to bed lol. 1 more wakeup

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I will say Horns footwork drills were probably the cleanest I've seen since Jaire Alexander at the combine, but I don't think Horn did hip-flip drills that they do at the combine, which Jaire and Tredavius killed.

Horn is a dfifferent corner than them, but fair.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

There’s sizable buzz about Alabama’s Jaylen Waddle as a playmaker who could be the second wide receiver taken. “He’s the best player in the entire draft,” said an NFC personnel executive.

We’re hearing Waddle enters the draft believing his chances to go in the top 10 are strong, so any trade up might require receiver-needy teams in the teens to move accordingly. Receiver positioning is always tough to predict because there are so many good ones, and teams know they can score big on Day 2 playmakers. But enough teams see shades of Tyreek Hill that Waddle won’t fall far.

There are teams ahead of Philly in the draft order who believe the Eagles are trying to trade up from No. 12 to make sure they get the speedy Waddle. Part of the issue here is that the Eagles, following their trade down from No. 6 to No. 12, are now parked directly behind NFC East rivals Dallas and the Giants in the draft order, and obviously aren’t going to be able to trade with those teams. They believe (accurately) that the Giants would be a threat to take Waddle at No. 11 if he fell that far, so if they want him, they have to get up to No. 9 or higher. Detroit at No. 7 and Carolina at No. 8 are two teams that would be interested in trading down and could take the Eagles’ call.

 

 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

LFG! Can't wait either. Been trying my hardest to not think about it. Longest month ever even with trying hard to not think about it . Thought it would go faster but it didn't lol. Can't wait to go to bed lol. 1 more wakeup

My exams been keeping me busy, but now I’m full draft mode

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

 

Quote

 

There’s sizable buzz about Alabama’s Jaylen Waddle as a playmaker who could be the second wide receiver taken. “He’s the best player in the entire draft,” said an NFC personnel executive.

We’re hearing Waddle enters the draft believing his chances to go in the top 10 are strong, so any trade up might require receiver-needy teams in the teens to move accordingly. Receiver positioning is always tough to predict because there are so many good ones, and teams know they can score big on Day 2 playmakers. But enough teams see shades of Tyreek Hill that Waddle won’t fall far.

There are teams ahead of Philly in the draft order who believe the Eagles are trying to trade up from No. 12 to make sure they get the speedy Waddle. Part of the issue here is that the Eagles, following their trade down from No. 6 to No. 12, are now parked directly behind NFC East rivals Dallas and the Giants in the draft order, and obviously aren’t going to be able to trade with those teams. They believe (accurately) that the Giants would be a threat to take Waddle at No. 11 if he fell that far, so if they want him, they have to get up to No. 9 or higher. Detroit at No. 7 and Carolina at No. 8 are two teams that would be interested in trading down and could take the Eagles’ call.

 

Howie gonna Howie

tenor.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...