2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Parsons is also a 3rd down pass rusher. And it's a weak defensive class outside of CB and maybe ILB. Parsons #3 overall wouldn't surprise me. The Cards use Simmons purely as a LB, and they took him 8th. Parsons is a better field general LB, and can rush the passer.

Yeah, but he won't be pass rushing every 3rd down. He'll be in coverage a lot too, cause he'll be one of the better coverage LBs for whoever drafts him. 

I wouldn't be shocked if he went 3rd, but I don't think most teams would consider a LB over a LT if they had a chance at two elite prospects at both positions.

I didn't like the pick of Simmons either. That's just trying to justify it.

Most teams consider LB like the RB for defense as far as value. A MLB would probably be valued lower than a safety without single high ability and maybe a 1T or slot corner, but that's about it. Obviously a LB with as big of a tool box as Parsons is gonna be valued differently, but the point remains.

Bengals would be much better going after a LB in free agency, then trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel for whatever tackle makes it to the market. Plus, you are forgetting they drafted a LB in round 3 and 4 last year. 

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

we only have a 2nd, 5th, and 6th rounder this year?
we'll be lucky to get a late 3rd for Ertz

Depends which team wants to trade for him. 

And, where are you getting that from? 

We didn't trade away our 3rd or 7th round picks for 2021 and we got back a 5th rounder from the Cowboys for them trading up with us to get Tyler Biadasz.

22 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Depends which team wants to trade for him. 

And, where are you getting that from? 

We didn't trade away our 3rd or 7th round picks for 2021 and we got back a 5th rounder from the Cowboys for them trading up with us to get Tyler Biadasz.

Where am I getting what from? You posted a thingy that shows us only having a 2nd, 5th, and 6th, and then said those are our picks ging into next year. So I got it from you?

Zach is 30, regressing, and has 1 year left on his deal. No team is giving us a 2nd for him. I think we'll take a low 4th.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Where am I getting what from? You posted a thingy that shows us only having a 2nd, 5th, and 6th, and then said those are our picks ging into next year. So I got it from you?

Zach is 30, regressing, and has 1 year left on his deal. No team is giving us a 2nd for him. I think we'll take a low 4th.

What are you talking about? Did you only read the white spaces? That post clearly has the other picks in black backgrounds with white lettering?

Yes, he is 30, but he has 1 year at good value left on his deal and whatever team could extend him for another 2 years probably at a solid number cause he doesn't have the stats from this year to argue for Kittle or Kelce type money. 

If all we are getting back is a low 4th, then we might as well keep him next year as another weapon in a pretty barren receiving corps, especially in case Goedert goes down with an injury. We can, then let him walk in FA in 2022 and maybe get and get back a 4th round comp pick back for him. Sure it'll be a handful of picks later than a mid to late 4th, but that isn't much of a drop if you think we can only get a low 4th. We also would only get what in return cap wise? 4 million? Meh.

If we can get back solid value for Ertz, then do it, but I don't think a low 4th is that. That is basically an early day 3 pick.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What are you talking about? Did you only read the white spaces? That post clearly has the other picks in black backgrounds with white lettering?

Yes, he is 30, but he has 1 year at good value left on his deal and whatever team could extend him for another 2 years probably at a solid number cause he doesn't have the stats from this year to argue for Kittle or Kelce type money. 

If all we are getting back is a low 4th, then we might as well keep him next year as another weapon in a pretty barren receiving corps, especially in case Goedert goes down with an injury. We can, then let him walk in FA in 2022 and maybe get and get back a 4th round comp pick back for him. Sure it'll be a handful of picks later than a mid to late 4th, but that isn't much of a drop if you think we can only get a low 4th. We also would only get what in return cap wise? 4 million? Meh.

If we can get back solid value for Ertz, then do it, but I don't think a low 4th is that. That is basically an early day 3 pick.

the white spaces are just white spaces, didn't realize you used white on white. There is no black background. You have to highlight it to read it all.

You don't keep people who don't want to be here, and Ertz doesn't want to be here without a new contract. We'll take a 4th and be happy about it.

Edited by Jeezla

I don't think Ertz is done yet either. He might be regressing a bit, but honestly I don't think his heart was in this season after not getting the new contract. Often times this season, especially early on it didn't look like he was putting in a lot of effort. He looked to be avoiding contact and stuff maybe to avoid an injury when he doesn't have contract security. I don't know? I think his route running will keep him pretty effective for the next 2 years at the very least, especially if he has better QB play than he got this year and is the #1 TE target for a team.

Neither Ertz or even Goedert have good stats this year. Goedert is way better than 486 yards and 3 TDs with only 2 games left. 

I think he's definitely still worth a 3rd rounder. Browns got a 4th rounder from us for Genard frickin Avery lol.

Teams also know what they are getting in Ertz. He's a good locker room guy. He's a great route runner. He has really good hands. If he goes to another team and has decent QB play I could see at least 700 yards. He won't have another year like 2018 when he almost put up 1,200 yards, but if he could he wouldn't be worth just a 3rd rounder.

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

the white spaces are just white spaces, didn't realize you used white on white. There is no black background. You have to highlight it to read it all.

Bro...... switch to night mode already lol. No wonder why you couldn't see it.

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You don't keep people who don't want to be here, and Ertz doesn't want to be here without a new contract. We'll take a 4th and be happy about it.

Yeah, I guess.... he probably would give even less effort next year than he did this year, but I believe we can get a 3rd rounder back from someone. We'll see.

• Like 1

Did another mock at #7.

Chase and Parsons don't usually fall that far and I didn't wanna just keep trying till I got them, so I went with Farley or Surtain in the mocks I've been doing.

I like how this one turned out. Somewhat similar to the last one.

7. Caleb Farley CB

39. Jaelan Phillips DE 

71. Trevon Moehrig S 

147. Elijah Moore WR

148. Charles Snowden LB

195. Tyler Linderbaum IOL

218. Tyreke Smith DE

223. Khalil Herbert RB

253. Camryn Bynum CB

Took Bynum with the Mr. Irrelevant pick and he's from the same city as me which makes him Mr. Relevant to me. Would be pretty cool to see someone from the I.E. have success on the Eagles, especially at CB where we've consistently been lacking.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

I think we're gonna need to move up a spot or two in the draft order if we want a for sure chance at one or both of Parsons and Chase.

Don't have a lot of faith we'll go Parsons, even if he's on the board at our pick though. It's just not Howie's MO and he isn't likely to get fired.

If we stay at 7th to 10th, then I'd like to take whichever out of Surtain or Farley last to the pick and hopefully one does. Probably better chance of it being Farley.

A trade down would be great for us and if that happens, then I'd be much more inclined to pull the trigger on DeVonta Smith or get whichever the top DE on the board is.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

The teams ahead of us we can possibly pass to move up to 5 or 6 if we lose out are ATL, CAR, and HOU.

Falcons have the Chiefs and Bucs left.... they probably don't win either. They did have a shot to beat Tampa this week though, but they blew it like they always do.

Panthers and Texans on the other hand have winnable games this week against Football Team and the Bengals respectively.

We also move below Dallas if we win this Sunday too.

Best case scenario probably after this week we are picking as high as 5th or at worst as low as 12th.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Did another mock at #7.

Chase and Parsons don't usually fall that far and I didn't wanna just keep trying till I got them, so I went with Farley or Surtain in the mocks I've been doing.

I like how this one turned out. Somewhat similar to the last one.

Took Bynum with the Mr. Irrelevant pick and he's from the same city as me which makes him Mr. Relevant to me. Would be pretty cool to see someone from the I.E. have success on the Eagles, especially at CB where we've consistently been lacking.

Yeah you see, the problem is a lot of the reason neither fall that far is because the draft machine is dumb and gives the Jets or Bengals someone who isn't a QB/Sewell respectively. And that just isn't going to not happen.

54 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah you see, the problem is a lot of the reason neither fall that far is because the draft machine is dumb and gives the Jets or Bengals someone who isn't a QB/Sewell respectively. And that just isn't going to not happen.

Maybe one could fall to 7, but its still not a sure thing even if 3 QBs go in the top 6. The other 3 picks could still be Sewell, Chase and Parsons. 

Not saying that's for sure gonna happen, but its not out of the realm of possibility.

At most one of them could be there, but I think we need to lose out to better our chances if that's who you guys want.

Say we lose out and get the 5th pick and the draft ends up going:

1.) JAX - Trevor Lawrence QB

2.) NYJ - Justin Fields QB

3.) CIN - Penei Sewell OT

4.) CAR - Ja'Marr Chase or Micah Parsons

What would you guys do at 5?

Do you take whoever Carolina doesn't take or would you opt to trade down for a sizeable haul from whoever wants to move up for Lance/Wilson?

I'd take the haul all day long. Not like I see us selecting Parsons anyways. Chase is a great prospect, but he's not gonna be Megatron, Julio, etc.

25 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Say we lose out and get the 5th pick and the draft ends up going:

1.) JAX - Trevor Lawrence QB

2.) NYJ - Justin Fields QB

3.) CIN - Penei Sewell OT

4.) CAR - Ja'Marr Chase or Micah Parsons

What would you guys do at 5?

Do you take whoever Carolina doesn't take or would you opt to trade down for a sizeable haul from whoever wants to move up for Lance/Wilson?

I'd take the haul all day long. Not like I see us selecting Parsons anyways. Chase is a great prospect, but he's not gonna be Megatron, Julio, etc.

i think it depends. If howie is here I wouldnt trade down.