2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

19 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

39 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Just curious... Outside of a potential trade down scenario; is there any reason to be excited about picking at 3 as opposed to 5/6?

Seems unlikely that we target a QB or Sewell, so we're still in the same tier of prospect correct?

Get in front of Miami for Chase

Yeah, it’s basically to have our pick of the players plus get the offers from the teams that might want a QB. 5 is perfectly fine.

If 3 or 4 QBs go plus Sewell, even at 10 there will be guys I’d be excited about.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Didn’t know pff updated their Mock Simulator 

https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator

Nice to be able to change the draft order + do trades. I did a couple using future picks to trade with the Broncos for their 2nd, basically to see what it’d look like if we get their 2nd for moving Carson. Which is best case probably.

This thing is so unrealistic. 

Traded back w/NE and I ended up with DeVonta Smith @ 13, Alijah Vera-Tucker @ 38, Jaycee Horn @ 45 and Joseph Ossai @ 70. 

15 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Zero chance we waste a top pick on a LB.

It's Chase, Smith or Surtain. 

It wouldn’t be a waste, but yeah I can’t see Howie doing it if he avoided getting flushed again. He’s reactionary as much as he tries to pretend he isn’t, he’s gotten clowned on for two years for not hitting on WR. He’ll try again probably. 

I think Parsons is more special and rare than Surtain or Chase. Like he’s probably the best to come out since Kuechly, and he fits what you need from a LB nowadays even more than Luke did. If we do make a move at DC and it’s someone that knows how versatile Micah is and is willing to use him, he’d transform the Defense. Even with Jim he’d help hide a lot of the scheme issues the Defense inherently has. I feel way better about him being a great player + impacting this team in a big way than the other guys. Even though I do like them and their potential a lot, just like what’s a WR gonna do when we can’t scheme a damn offense and our QBs are meh? I’m 100% down for Parsons if they’d actually do it.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It wouldn’t be a waste, but yeah I can’t see Howie doing it if he avoided getting flushed again. He’s reactionary as much as he tries to pretend he isn’t, he’s gotten clowned on for two years for not hitting on WR. He’ll try again probably. 

I think Parsons is more special and rare than Surtain or Chase. Like he’s probably the best to come out since Kuechly, and he fits what you need from a LB nowadays even more than Luke did. If we do make a move at DC and it’s someone that knows how versatile Micah is and is willing to use him, he’d transform the Defense. Even with Jim he’d help hide a lot of the scheme issues the Defense inherently has. I feel way better about him being a great player + impacting this team in a big way than the other guys. Even though I do like them and their potential a lot, just like what’s a WR gonna do when we can’t scheme a damn offense and our QBs are meh? I’m 100% down for Parsons if they’d actually do it.

I think Parsons is very good - but you simply do not draft a LB that high, especially given the holes in the secondary and the lack of talent at WR. 

Hopefully Kyle Pitts doesn't make it to Dallas, although they pretty much gotta go defense (Or QB?) in the 1st. Hopefully WFT wins the division and misses out on Zach Wilson/Trey Lance. They can have Trask.

Edited by Jeezla

You guys really think we might go WR round 1 for the second year in a row?

Even if Chase runs 4.4 and is available wth our pick, I see us taking one of Farley/Surtain/Leatherwood/Paye/Rousseau, probably after a 3-4 pick trade down with a team that wants Parsons or Ja'Marr.