2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You guys really think we might go WR round 1 for the second year in a row?

Even if Chase runs 4.4 and is available wth our pick, I see us taking one of Farley/Surtain/Leatherwood/Paye/Rousseau, probably after a 3-4 pick trade down with a team that wants Parsons or Ja'Marr.

Well, we didn't exactly get a first round wide receiver in last years draft. 

However, taking Leatherwood (who sucks), Paye (who is very overrated) or Rousseau (also overrated) would very much be an Eagles thing to do. 

26 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I think Parsons is very good - but you simply do not draft a LB that high, especially given the holes in the secondary and the lack of talent at WR. 

In general yeah, most LBs aren’t worth it. I think you can take a special prospect though that early. Especially a guy like Parsons who can rush the passer as well as he does, has a phenomenal size/athleticism profile, and by all accounts is a tough team leader type of dude. His ability to rush the passer, get into the backfield / get to the sideline violently fast gives him extra value than a typical LB. 

I think of need we’d have to take a corner. The only issue is how tough of a position it is to scout and that the corners are a step down as an overall prospect than the wideouts and I think they all, position value aside, are lower than Parsons. Like Lawrence, Sewell and Parsons are probably the 3 best players in this draft.

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

In general yeah, most LBs aren’t worth it. I think you can take a special prospect though that early. Especially a guy like Parsons who can rush the passer as well as he does, has a phenomenal size/athleticism profile, and by all accounts is a tough team leader type of dude. His ability to rush the passer, get into the backfield / get to the sideline violently fast gives him extra value than a typical LB. 

I think of need we’d have to take a corner. The only issue is how tough of a position it is to scout and that the corners are a step down as an overall prospect than the wideouts and I think they all, position value aside, are lower than Parsons. Like Lawrence, Sewell and Parsons are probably the 3 best players in this draft.

I don't disagree that Parson is special but bringing in a linebacker is going to do absolutely nothing for this team. A linebacker that high is a luxury pick and it's not a luxury we can afford. 

37 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You guys really think we might go WR round 1 for the second year in a row?

Even if Chase runs 4.4 and is available wth our pick, I see us taking one of Farley/Surtain/Leatherwood/Paye/Rousseau, probably after a 3-4 pick trade down with a team that wants Parsons or Ja'Marr.

Think Howie, if he stays, will do it out of fear. He can’t draft them well at all, and here comes the “best WR” prospect guy in Chase. 

It’s just sort of how the board looks. Surtain and Farley are good prospects. But neither seem to be can’t miss type of corners you’d want to be taking top 5. The best move might be slide back before Dallas and take a corner, use the extra picks to rebuild (+ extra picks if they somehow unload Carson)

Just now, Scalamania said:

I don't disagree that Parson is special but bringing in a linebacker is going to do absolutely nothing for this team. A linebacker that high is a luxury pick and it's not a luxury we can afford. 

Maybe yeah, especially with a guy like Schwartz. But I think a guy who helps you fight the growing list of good athletic QBs, let’s you be versatile in your base defense helps a lot. And can help in an older Cox / declining DEs reality we will soon be in has value.

Aside from CB they are all sort of luxury picks for us. If nothing changes I think Chase or Smith do less for us than Parsons would the next year or two. This staff has shown nothing that makes me think they will have a scheme to utilize them in and both QBs struggle to get the current pile of WRs the ball. Currently it looks like no changes will happen there.

I’m just open to the possibility. 

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

a LB when you have 0 LB's is not a luxury pick. 

Taking a LB in the top 5 is absolutely a luxury, regardless of what you have at the position. You wanna trade back and take a shot on JOK? That's fine - however, you can not justify a LB in the top 5 given the needs we have at WR and CB (and given the fact that there's 4 top tier prospects at WR/CB). 

I have nothing against Parsons, he's a damn good player. However, he is not going to help stop our secondary from getting brutalized week in and week out on the outside, he's also not going to help our WRs win at the top of their routes and just be better overall. 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Maybe yeah, especially with a guy like Schwartz. But I think a guy who helps you fight the growing list of good athletic QBs, let’s you be versatile in your base defense helps a lot. And can help in an older Cox / declining DEs reality we will soon be in has value.

A non-pass rushing linebacker is not worth a top 5 pick and the draft history over the past 10 years shows that. If we end up picking between 8-10 then Parsons is fine, if we end up in the top 5 then absolutely not. 

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Aside from CB they are all sort of luxury picks for us. If nothing changes I think Chase or Smith do less for us than Parsons would the next year or two. This staff has shown nothing that makes me think they will have a scheme to utilize them in and both QBs struggle to get the current pile of WRs the ball. Currently it looks like no changes will happen there.

I can't imagine how you (not specifically you) can watch our WRs play and think to yourself that taking a WR is a luxury pick. We don't have a single WR that can win a route, we don't have a single WR that can separate, we don't have a single WR that is a good route runner, we don't have a single WR that can consistently catch the ball and we don't have a single WR that can win at the point of the ball. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

A non-pass rushing linebacker is not worth a top 5 pick and the draft history over the past 10 years shows that. If we end up picking between 8-10 then Parsons is fine, if we end up in the top 5 then absolutely not. 

I can't imagine how you (not specifically you) can watch our WRs play and think to yourself that taking a WR is a luxury pick. We don't have a single WR that can win a route, we don't have a single WR that can separate, we don't have a single WR that is a good route runner, we don't have a single WR that can consistently catch the ball and we don't have a single WR that can win at the point of the ball. 

Parsons started 12 of 13 games played, accumulating 109 tackles, 14 tackles for loss, 5.0 sacks, four forced fumbles, and five pass deflections. He can play all LB Spots, Can Play Edge, and can Play DE. 

There is no ELITE CB Option in this draft all are grading out similar. Surtain Is not a can't miss prospect. There are 0 LB's like Parsons in this draft. 

As far as the WR's I feel that is coaching. Doug P and his Staff can't Develop anyone, Look at Nelson Agholor. JJAW Hasn't been forced to play So how can he gain confidence or develop, Even though I do agree he's a bust. 

There are only 4 Can't Miss Prospects in this Draft...Lawrence...Parsons...Chase and Sewell

With 0 Development in this staff, you can't take someone who is not a Can't Miss Prospect and I feel Parsons or Chase are the only 2 options, and I still don't know which one I'd prefer. Defense has 0 Identity, Parsons Instantly changes that. Offense needs Weapons, However we have WR's who we can/need to develop. 

7 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

There is no ELITE CB Option in this draft all are grading out similar. Surtain Is not a can't miss prospect. There are 0 LB's like Parsons in this draft.

Wrong - Surtain and Farley are both elite prospects.

7 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Parsons started 12 of 13 games played, accumulating 109 tackles, 14 tackles for loss, 5.0 sacks, four forced fumbles, and five pass deflections. He can play all LB Spots, Can Play Edge, and can Play DE. 

If he's coming here to strictly rush the passer then that's fine, if he's coming her play MLB then you don't burn a top pick on him. 

8 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

As far as the WR's I feel that is coaching. Doug P and his Staff can't Develop anyone, Look at Nelson Agholor. JJAW Hasn't been forced to play So how can he gain confidence or develop, Even though I do agree he's a bust. 

It's a talent evaluation issue - we're constantly taking the lesser talented prospects. 

9 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Defense has 0 Identity, Parsons Instantly changes that. Offense needs Weapons, However we have WR's who we can/need to develop. 

A MLB is not going to have a big impact on this defense with the current holes that are everywhere and taking one in a prime draft position is a mistake. 

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Wrong - Surtain and Farley are both elite prospects.

If he's coming here to strictly rush the passer then that's fine, if he's coming her play MLB then you don't burn a top pick on him. 

It's a talent evaluation issue - we're constantly taking the lesser talented prospects. 

A MLB is not going to have a big impact on this defense with the current holes that are everywhere and taking one in a prime draft position is a mistake. 

We can Agree to Disagree on the Corners. Neither are Elite IMO. I'd rather take Adebo in the 2nd

Surtain - 4 INT, 25 PD, in 3 Years (Not Elite)

Farley - 6 INT, 19 PD in 2 Years. (Needs to stay IMO)

End of 1st/2nd Round Options:

Wade - 6 INT, 18 PD in 3 Years. 

Adebo - 8 INT, 27 PD in Tech 2 Years 

Parsons Would Change this Defense with his leadership and ability to play all over. You take him in the 1st, and then Adebo in the 2nd and it makes the defense do a complete 180.

Just now, IrishHooligan00 said:

NOOO thats the Typical Howie thing to do and then always losing out on top Prospects. 

Howie could not be here, and either way, this team has a lot of holes. I say we could move down a few spots because a lot of the players in the 4-9 range are of similar caliber.

Sewell and Lawrence are the Elite prospects in this draft and it's widely believed that the Jets will go QB as well.